Conservative fired for his stance on abortion

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Conservatives react with fury after The Atlantic fires columnist for extreme abortion comments

And once again we see liberals unable to accept a dissenting view! How totalitarian of them. Its not that libtards want to do away with free speech because in their minds it should be only THEIR kind of speech that should be free of regulation and control. They want to abolish ALL forms of dissenting views and eventually ALL ideologies but liberalism. I hope he sues for discrimination.

“Women should face the death penalty if they have an abortion...” that was his comment. That is not just insulting it is nutz. He just turned off all liberals, moderates and many centralist conservatives. Not a good business move.

Good riddens!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Conservatives react with fury after The Atlantic fires columnist for extreme abortion comments

And once again we see liberals unable to accept a dissenting view! How totalitarian of them. Its not that libtards want to do away with free speech because in their minds it should be only THEIR kind of speech that should be free of regulation and control. They want to abolish ALL forms of dissenting views and eventually ALL ideologies but liberalism. I hope he sues for discrimination.

Well the Atlantic is a far left religious hack site.

This is no surprise. I will be surprised if anything comes of this!

So, a newspaper, a private company, should allow journalists at their company to write whatever they like regardless of company policy?

The guy has free speech, but not when he's representing his company.

Trump has fired half of his team because he didn't agree with something they did or said, does this mean he can't cope with dissenting opinion?

Why should The Atlantic keep an obvious nutjob on its staff and actually pay him for being off-the-wall?
There seems to be quite a number of unhinged little white boys running about.

He was fired for an extreme ideology that advocates hanging women who exercise a lawful right. Those kind of views are held in nearly universal contempt by respectable members of the public. Maybe not you.

What he said sounds a lot like what Kathy Griffin did graphically when she held up the severed head of Trump. I think both were in bad taste but I don't recall conservatives rushing to the defense of Griffin and her freedom of expression.

So, in other words, you're no different than the liberals.

So, a newspaper, a private company, should allow journalists at their company to write whatever they like regardless of company policy?

Trump has fired half of his team because he didn't agree with something they did or said, does this mean he can't cope with dissenting opinion?
He didn't express his OPINION in the magazine/newspaper capacity it was on his own free time and away from work. He was fired for his political view. Its discrimination. Its duly noted leftists and even some so called conservatives approve of discrimination when someones view goes against their own.

So you agree with him.

Free speech is a function of the government, not private entities. A private company has ever right to fire someone for saying something that could hurt their bottom line. Only a statist would think otherwise.

He didn't express his OPINION in the magazine/newspaper capacity it was on his own free time and away from work. He was fired for his political view. Its discrimination. Its duly noted leftists and even some so called conservatives approve of discrimination when someones view goes against their own.

Totally irrelevant, if what he did can affect the bottom line of the company in a negative way they have every right to can him.

Free speech is a function of the government, not private entities. A private company has ever right to fire someone for saying something that could hurt their bottom line. Only a statist would think otherwise.

A private company has every right to fire someone for whatever reason they want. It's the conceit of statist social engineering that imagines otherwise.

A private company has every right to fire someone for whatever reason they want. It's the conceit of statist social engineering that imagines otherwise.

Thank you for repeating back what I just posted

Forum List

Back