Conservative consider liberals are young and naive

At the risk of quoting someone else:

"If you aren't a liberal at age 20, you have no heart. If you aren't a conservative by age 40, you have no brain."

We were all liberals once .... then, we grew up and found out how the world really works.

Oh? Elaborate on how the world "really works" if you would, please.

to sum it up in a way you MIGHT understand

libs are losers who lie

to themselves

Gee, a lazy response from a lazy mind.

Conservatism is what happens when you give up. That is the simplest way to put it. It is the simple sound-byte response to the OP insofar as liberalism is what happens to a person who doesn't give up and continues to evolve. At the root level, this is what the difference is. You needn't look any further than bedowin62 to see Exhibit A. Each and every post is an insult or straight from the lazy and flawed research done for him/her by right wing media.

If I searched the word "yawn" and his/her user name. How many different hits do you think I would get? Five, ten, thirty? Two hundred. Two hundred in the last 90 days. I'm sure I'll get one to this post too.

How predictable

You are right. It is simple. See we that have seen idiots who think they have ALL the answers as Obamacare has done they can't even do the simple things right!
For example. Obama had to LIE to get people to think there were 46 million "uninsured". He even agreed there weren't AFTER it was passed.
Proof? Before it was passed Obama in his OWN words said:
ā€œI donā€™t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans donā€™t have health insurance coverage today."
Obama said 46 million...So what did Politifact.org say about this number??
Looking back to Obama's statement, though, he said nearly 46 million Americans don't have insurance. Actually, the census data include noncitizens. The Census Bureau breaks out that information and reports that 9.7 million of the uninsured are noncitizens. So the number of Americans without insurance is actually closer to 36 million.Number of those without health insurance about 46 million PolitiFact

Do you comprehend the magnitude of this lie and what it did?
THEN to add to this phony baloney figure... which again YOU liberal/fools for Obama seem to ignore are THESE FACTS that are for REAL!
2) 14 million of the remaining 36 million were below poverty lines BEFORE ACA but ineptness of Medicaid never enrolled them...
These 14 million that BECAUSE Of the ineptness of Obama administration DIDN"T know all they need do is register with Medicaid! 9 million were kids!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf

3) 18 million of the remaining 22 (uninsured) million
a) MAKE OVER $50,000 they can afford their employers' health plans but don't want them.
b) Because they are under 34 and many had catastrophic plans may be lower than those of other health insurance plans but annual deductibles
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED 2009

The above FACTS showed that Obama LIED and liars like you promoted that LIE.
THERE NEVER were 46 million people that were legal, (10 million illegal counted as part of the 46 million by Obama!)

Finally you lying sacks of crap thought 18 million people who were under 34 and made over $50,000 NEEDED insurance! They don't! They never wanted!
But you liars like Obama IS now destroying our health care system all for less then 4 million people!

LIARS as you and Obama obviously will NEVER continue because you are being found EVERY DAY to be congenital LIARS!

But of course SIMPLE idiotic believers like YOU CAN"T DISPROVE these numbers.... SO YOU IGNORE...IGNORANT!

Last edited:
I likely spent more in hotel/motel, sales, and rental car taxes on my last two vacations than you'll pay to Uncle Sam next year sonny. The difference is that I will not see one benefit from THOSE taxes that stay in their municipality. Federal taxes stoke the fires that warm the entire society. People who paid taxes before you kept the fires going and your taxes keep the fires going for those who will be warmed by them after we leave.

It has zero to do with what one person is able to pull off on his or her own but it is telling that a lot of the billionaires who make it known, are often liberal on their politics and are often spending their own monies to start foundations or contribute to those that were founded by other liberals. I'm sure there are a lot of conservatives that do the same thing but are not open about it; the founders of Hobby Lobby are one such family according to Time magazine.
First of all, let me assure you that I undoubtedly paid more federal taxes than you earned in total last year. Iā€™m not sure you want to get into a ā€˜ā€¦ whose dick is bigger ā€¦ā€œ argument with me.

Secondly, the haughtiness of your post is offensive at least, arrogant at best, and definitely incredibly annoying.

Now ā€¦ weā€™ll try to talk like adults, wonā€™t we? Youā€™re going to put away your nasty little attitude and weā€™re going to discuss the issues rationally, arenā€™t we?

ā€œā€¦ taxes stoke the fires that warm the entire society ā€¦ā€ Cute little turn of the phrase, but it is both ideologically and factually incorrect. Federal taxes are the monies removed from the economic engine in order to solidify the hold on power by the current structure. Youā€™re aware, I assume, that 38% of every dollar received by the federal government does NOT go back into the economy. You DID know that, right? This money serves no function other to facilitate the grasp on power of the federal government. It doesnā€™t build roads, it doesnā€™t build schools, it doesnā€™t build anything ā€“ it is just consumed.

Your analogy that the people before kept the ā€˜fires burningā€™ is naĆÆve. Youā€™re aware, I assume, that we didnā€™t even HAVE an income tax until 1862, and, even then, it was eliminated in 1868. Income tax did not become a permanent reality until 1913. So, spare me the ā€œyou didnā€™t build that ā€¦ ā€œ nonsense.

As for your ā€˜tellingā€™ dissertation about billionaires ā€¦ here is what it tells you. It tells you that conservatives are basically, caring, compassionate people who recognize their responsibilities to their fellow man. It is also telling that those very same billionaires actively support conservatives for election. To equate their compassion with liberalism is a foolā€™s game. Why is it, pray tell, that conservatives have supported charitable causes more consistently than liberals?
Yes, that is why GOP governors have passed abortion restrictions on top of abortion restrictions--to tell women that they are not to be trusted. Again, you make me laugh.

To try to correlate opposition to abortion with the liberal regimentation of the American way of life is an insult to any thinking person. It is the continued liberal insistence that all problems should be solved by the government that has resulted in the centralization of power.

Liberals have an inherent belief in the sanctity of their approach. They believe they are smarter than everybody else, and that the whole country should bow down in recognition of their inherent superiority. In order to facilitate this, they support programs that celebrate mediocrity, rather than those who support excellence. Whether it be our educational system, or their vaunted wealth inequality, it is their goal that all be rewarded equally, not necessarily in accordance with their ability or their contribution. The liberal mindset is based on the relativism of atheism ā€“ they believe that they are the most superior, and are capable of making decisions much better than those affected by those decisions.

Our education system penalizes high-performers, and rewards those who donā€™t perform. Our welfare system penalizes those are successful, and rewards those who donā€™t perform. Our taxation system penalizes those who are successful, and rewards those who fail. Under the guise of ā€˜helping those who need helpā€™, liberals have created a system that stifles ingenuity and hard work, and rewards those who stay in their place. Liberal programs have created a permanent underclass of poor ā€“ and have created programs to keep them there.

Liberalism is having the ultimate in confidence that your nation, your neighbors, and it's institutions are for the most part good and for whatever the failings of the past (and those to happen in the future as well) the US is still the greatest nation on earth; bar none. Again, you make me laugh.

Your own leader swore to fundamentally change America. Liberals have made every effort to obliterate two pillars upon which America is built: personal responsibility and personal opportunity. Individualism dies a slow death on the skewer of liberalism.

The leftist philosophy of regimenting all business and personal decisions has virtually gutted the initiative and ingenuity of the US economy. When coupled with onerous taxes and catastrophic over-regulation, businesses are forced to move overseas or close.

If liberals had confidence in their neighbors, why do they feel it necessary to federalize all charitable programs? If liberals had confidence in our institutions, why do they feel it necessary to legislate their behavior?

People tend to grow more liberal as they age. Liberalism goes along with maturity.

So why are conservatives older? Because that whole generation started out much more conservative. Even within that conservative demographic, the individuals have probably gotten more liberal. For example, most of them probably opposed interracial marriage when young, but now support it.

not true

and there are many on the Progrssive side that oppose interacial marriage. Heck there are Black social workers that actually oppose adoption of black children by White families even to the point of prefering to see Black children languis in foster homes, often abused, rather than be adopted into a loving white family, lest the lose their "cultural identity" according to the Black social workers
Can you prove that? Many times, unwanted black children are placed with gays who want to adopt.

I likely spent more in hotel/motel, sales, and rental car taxes on my last two vacations than you'll pay to Uncle Sam next year sonny. The difference is that I will not see one benefit from THOSE taxes that stay in their municipality. Federal taxes stoke the fires that warm the entire society. People who paid taxes before you kept the fires going and your taxes keep the fires going for those who will be warmed by them after we leave.

It has zero to do with what one person is able to pull off on his or her own but it is telling that a lot of the billionaires who make it known, are often liberal on their politics and are often spending their own monies to start foundations or contribute to those that were founded by other liberals. I'm sure there are a lot of conservatives that do the same thing but are not open about it; the founders of Hobby Lobby are one such family according to Time magazine.
First of all, let me assure you that I undoubtedly paid more federal taxes than you earned in total last year. Iā€™m not sure you want to get into a ā€˜ā€¦ whose dick is bigger ā€¦ā€œ argument with me.

Secondly, the haughtiness of your post is offensive at least, arrogant at best, and definitely incredibly annoying.

Now ā€¦ weā€™ll try to talk like adults, wonā€™t we? Youā€™re going to put away your nasty little attitude and weā€™re going to discuss the issues rationally, arenā€™t we?

ā€œā€¦ taxes stoke the fires that warm the entire society ā€¦ā€ Cute little turn of the phrase, but it is both ideologically and factually incorrect. Federal taxes are the monies removed from the economic engine in order to solidify the hold on power by the current structure. Youā€™re aware, I assume, that 38% of every dollar received by the federal government does NOT go back into the economy. You DID know that, right? This money serves no function other to facilitate the grasp on power of the federal government. It doesnā€™t build roads, it doesnā€™t build schools, it doesnā€™t build anything ā€“ it is just consumed.

Your analogy that the people before kept the ā€˜fires burningā€™ is naĆÆve. Youā€™re aware, I assume, that we didnā€™t even HAVE an income tax until 1862, and, even then, it was eliminated in 1868. Income tax did not become a permanent reality until 1913. So, spare me the ā€œyou didnā€™t build that ā€¦ ā€œ nonsense.

As for your ā€˜tellingā€™ dissertation about billionaires ā€¦ here is what it tells you. It tells you that conservatives are basically, caring, compassionate people who recognize their responsibilities to their fellow man. It is also telling that those very same billionaires actively support conservatives for election. To equate their compassion with liberalism is a foolā€™s game. Why is it, pray tell, that conservatives have supported charitable causes more consistently than liberals?
Yes, that is why GOP governors have passed abortion restrictions on top of abortion restrictions--to tell women that they are not to be trusted. Again, you make me laugh.

To try to correlate opposition to abortion with the liberal regimentation of the American way of life is an insult to any thinking person. It is the continued liberal insistence that all problems should be solved by the government that has resulted in the centralization of power.

Liberals have an inherent belief in the sanctity of their approach. They believe they are smarter than everybody else, and that the whole country should bow down in recognition of their inherent superiority. In order to facilitate this, they support programs that celebrate mediocrity, rather than those who support excellence. Whether it be our educational system, or their vaunted wealth inequality, it is their goal that all be rewarded equally, not necessarily in accordance with their ability or their contribution. The liberal mindset is based on the relativism of atheism ā€“ they believe that they are the most superior, and are capable of making decisions much better than those affected by those decisions.

Our education system penalizes high-performers, and rewards those who donā€™t perform. Our welfare system penalizes those are successful, and rewards those who donā€™t perform. Our taxation system penalizes those who are successful, and rewards those who fail. Under the guise of ā€˜helping those who need helpā€™, liberals have created a system that stifles ingenuity and hard work, and rewards those who stay in their place. Liberal programs have created a permanent underclass of poor ā€“ and have created programs to keep them there.

Liberalism is having the ultimate in confidence that your nation, your neighbors, and it's institutions are for the most part good and for whatever the failings of the past (and those to happen in the future as well) the US is still the greatest nation on earth; bar none. Again, you make me laugh.

Your own leader swore to fundamentally change America. Liberals have made every effort to obliterate two pillars upon which America is built: personal responsibility and personal opportunity. Individualism dies a slow death on the skewer of liberalism.

The leftist philosophy of regimenting all business and personal decisions has virtually gutted the initiative and ingenuity of the US economy. When coupled with onerous taxes and catastrophic over-regulation, businesses are forced to move overseas or close.

If liberals had confidence in their neighbors, why do they feel it necessary to federalize all charitable programs? If liberals had confidence in our institutions, why do they feel it necessary to legislate their behavior?
You say you make so much money and yet make a comment this ignorant:

The liberal mindset is based on the relativism of atheism ā€“ they believe that they are the most superior, and are capable of making decisions much better than those affected by those decisions.

That's exactly how right wingers think. Think "Gays need to be stoned to death" and "women's rights" and "we know how to treat Muslims in the Middle East" and so on. Right wingers feel they are the ones to judge who deserves what rights. When minorities in this country fight for rights, they always are fighting the right wing. The reason the right is angry at liberals is because they feel they have a God Given right to hate. And not being allowed that hatred infringes on their rights. Gay marriage is a perfect example.

The liberal mindset is based on the relativism of atheism ā€“ they believe that they are the most superior, and are capable of making decisions much better than those affected by those decisions.

That's exactly how right wingers think. Think "Gays need to be stoned to death" and "women's rights" and "we know how to treat Muslims in the Middle East" and so on. Right wingers feel they are the ones to judge who deserves what rights. When minorities in this country fight for rights, they always are fighting the right wing. The reason the right is angry at liberals is because they feel they have a God Given right to hate. And not being allowed that hatred infringes on their rights. Gay marriage is a perfect example.

Let me guess ... the reality bus skipped your town, right?

I can prove what I say. Prove I'm wrong.

GOP says stone gays - Google Search

GOP voter suppression - Google Search

As we know, blaming death, destruction, and mayhem on LGBT people simply isn't new. By now, we're used to it. But you still might be surprised just how often it happens.

10 Disasters That Gays Were Blamed for Causing Advocate.com

I wonder if most conservatives are old people? Or did they have an experience of being liberal. I don't understand how they've equated being liberal with being young and having no idea what you're talking about. i tend to disagree with them. Liberals are not welcome of late.
But why do we have such prejudices about them?

I wonder if most conservatives are old people? Or did they have an experience of being liberal. I don't understand how they've equated being liberal with being young and having no idea what you're talking about. i tend to disagree with them. Liberals are not welcome of late.

It is unfortunate how our politics have become so polarized here are but it is what it is. Here's a couple of old expressions that best describe the chasm:

Conservatives are mean, liberals are stupid.

If you are conservative at 25 you have no heart. If you are liberal at 35 you have no brain.

Last edited:
In the USA the FACTS are most liberals are brainwashed by the liberal biased MSM that supports their biased unsubstantiated hyperbolic statements.
Look at Cecil the Lion uproar. Then compare to the Planned Parenthood stories:
Simple comparison shows the bias:
About 9,080,000 results (0.30 seconds) after a "news" search for exactly this: "Cecil the lion"..
BUT for "planned parenthood sells baby parts" a news search : About 355,000 results
255 times as many news search for Cecil as for the selling of baby parts.
What better example of how our general public gets concerned over the killing of an animal BUT very little concern over the selling of baby parts.
Seems to be a classic example of USA MSM bias at play here!

Jeez.If you read what I wrote, I'd say you're a former, not a latter.

Former what???

Like I said, if you had actually read what I wrote......

As we know, blaming death, destruction, and mayhem on LGBT people simply isn't new. By now, we're used to it. But you still might be surprised just how often it happens.

I see the 'Self Pity Tour' didn't miss your town.

I see the 'Self Pity Tour' didn't miss your town.
Self Pity Tour? It's Republicans I feel sorry for. Truly.

have you ever spoke to a young liberal?

totally brainwashed zombies

To be honest, being on forums like this in various countries, having lived in 5 foreign countries, traveled to over 50 countries on 5 continents, I find that most people's views are pretty much brainwashed by someone or other.

One thing you can see when you talk to someone on here, do they speak in simple sentences and don't bother backing themselves up, or do they speak intelligently? I'd say I've found some people who are the latter, but most are the former. Most of the people, doesn't matter which side they're from, they're just here for the fight. They'll fling shit like "liberals are stupid" or "conservatives are stupid" or "brainwashed" or any of that stuff, but most likely those throwing the shit are also part of the shit.

In the USA the FACTS are most liberals are brainwashed by the liberal biased MSM that supports their biased unsubstantiated hyperbolic statements.
Look at Cecil the Lion uproar. Then compare to the Planned Parenthood stories:
Simple comparison shows the bias:
About 9,080,000 results (0.30 seconds) after a "news" search for exactly this: "Cecil the lion"..
BUT for "planned parenthood sells baby parts" a news search : About 355,000 results
255 times as many news search for Cecil as for the selling of baby parts.
What better example of how our general public gets concerned over the killing of an animal BUT very little concern over the selling of baby parts.
Seems to be a classic example of USA MSM bias at play here!
Except that selling baby parts is a federal offense. No one has been charged because no laws have been broken.
You have to stop believing the nonsense right wingers tell you. Makes you look bad.

When I was younger I was a liberal. Life experience made me a conservative. Anyone who gets old and stays liberal is stunted in some way.

When I was younger I was a liberal. Life experience made me a conservative. Anyone who gets old and stays liberal is stunted in some way.

Or is it just that people become more selfish in their old age?

When you're young there's a wealth of opportunity, but there's also a chance you'll end up on the pile. So you support equality, you support education for all.
When you're older and you have money and you have a house and mortgage, and you have kids in a good school etc, all you want to do is to keep what you have. You don't want others trying to take it all away from you. So you vote to stop others taking it away from you.

Yup and they stay that way till they are out in the world and have a job, bills and a family to support.

Then they catch a clue about what it takes to make a living and pay those bills. They realize the liberal standpoint ain't the one they need to live by.

Oh not all catch that clue, but some do.

Yup and they stay that way till they are out in the world and have a job, bills and a family to support.

Then they catch a clue about what it takes to make a living and pay those bills. They realize the liberal standpoint ain't the one they need to live by.

Oh not all catch that clue, but some do.

It's not about what idea it takes to make a living and pay the bills. It's about people getting to a point in life where they've given up learning, given up caring, given up pushing themselves and they want to just make money and buy stuff.

Many people still keep caring about others, still keep believing the world can be a better place.

It's similar to being at work. Some people get a job and they're comfortable and they don't want to rock the boat. Others are pushing and striving for something else.

Or is it just that people become more selfish in their old age?

When you're young there's a wealth of opportunity, but there's also a chance you'll end up on the pile. So you support equality, you support education for all.
When you're older and you have money and you have a house and mortgage, and you have kids in a good school etc, all you want to do is to keep what you have. You don't want others trying to take it all away from you. So you vote to stop others taking it away from you.

Sad... you see me that way because at 72 years I see more ways to teach people how to be independent yet people like you want to make more people W2T i.e. "womb2tomb" dependent.
For example if anyone wants to help me develop a business that will make over $30 million a year I'm open but it is hard to find people who as you don't think the only way to security is via being a W2T person.

Actually the "myth" of greedy people like you described is again a product of MSM ignorance and bias.
Rather then recognize that teaching people how to be independent is better for society as a whole ignorant MSM continues
the myth about "single payer" about federal government being capable of handling all people's needs. Truly sad that people like
you want to make mindless slaves to the socialist state.

Last edited:
Sad... you see me that way because at 72 years I see more ways to teach people how to be independent yet people like you want to make more people W2T i.e. "womb2tomb" dependent.
For example if anyone wants to help me develop a business that will make over $30 million a year I'm open but it is hard to find people who as you described think the only way to security is via being a W2T person.

Actually the "myth" of greedy people like you described is again a product of MSM ignorance and bias.
Rather then recognize that teaching people how to be independent is better for society as a whole ignorant MSM continues
the myth about "single payer" about federal government being capable of handling all people's needs. Truly sad that people like
you want to make mindless slaves to the socialist state.

Was it four for the price of one on assumptions down at the supermarket today or what?

Firstly, this isn't about being independent or not.

You're telling me that only right wing teaches people to be independent. Rubbish. Good education, which is generally more supported by the left than the right, is education which teaches independence of mind.

I didn't say greedy people. I said people who no longer cared. People who had their position in life and didn't want to lose it. Doesn't mean they're greedy.

Also, I didn't say the govt was the only body capable of handling all of people's needs.

So "people like you" as you referred me to, isn't people like me at all. It's people you pretend I am because you're jumping all over assumptions like there's no tomorrow.

it's not that only the Right teaches people to be independent; but it is a fact that only the pandering Left fosters, condones, and even promotes dependency

Forum List

Back