Conservative Bible

Are the other 23,144 verses of the Bible relevant?

• Yes. We should consider the whole Bible and become liberals.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No. 2 Theasalonians 3:10 says it all. The other verses are stupid.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

To my knowledge this is the only verse of the Bible ever quoted by conservatives.

There are 17 other verses in Chapter 3 of Thessalonians. Are they relevant?

There are 23,144 other verses in the Bible. Are they relevant?

How can people continue to pretend that the Bible doesn't promote left wing principles? The Bible is way more consistent with liberal political thought than with conservative politic thought. Does anybody get it?
Fuck the Bible.

Take your communist propaganda and shove it up your ass.

Fuck Jesus!

Fuck all that communist bullshit.

Might is right!

Mercy is for the weak and pussies.

Valhalla, I am coming.

You can't use your bullshit religious shaming on people like me.

:dance:

I do not understand right-wing Christianity
Are you expecting all Christians to vote in a certain way? Can you give a for instance?
The politics of RW Christianity is but a reflection of the highly flexible value system of those self-identifying as such. Pick any moral question such as the death penalty. I am certain Jesus was against it especially there at the end. Most Christians support it and find it moral even though it reeks of vengeance and the deliberate taking of a life. Don't want to have a discussion on the death penalty, it was an example of how RW Christians come down on any moral question of secular life and governance.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

To my knowledge this is the only verse of the Bible ever quoted by conservatives.

How can people continue to pretend that the Bible doesn't promote left wing principles? The Bible is way more consistent with liberal political thought than with conservative politic thought. Does anybody get it?
Fuck the Bible.

Fuck Jesus!

Might is right!

Valhalla, I am coming.

I voted no in this poll too.

How does one go about worshipping Thor? I too am a believer in, "might is right".

Fuck the Bible.

Fuck Jesus!

Might is right!

Valhalla, I am coming.

I voted no in this poll too.

How does one go about worshipping Thor? I too am a believer in, "might is right".

Strike your nuts with Moljinar.

Just a guess.
You can still worship Jesus. Just don't let the communist fucks use it against you to somehow make you look like a hypocrite.

Rules for Radicals is USELESS against Norse Paganism.
:lol:

A violence worshiping, self-centered, guilt-free religion who's rules are anything you can rationalize as righteous. You have a lot in common with RW Christians.

In this poll I would expect to vote yes. Otherwise I have a hard time seeing them as true Christian's if they ignore 23144/23145 of the Bible. That is very close to 100.00%.
The Bible does not tell us how to run a nation--but rather, how to run our personal lives.

The politics of RW Christianity is but a reflection of the highly flexible value system of those self-identifying as such. Pick any moral question such as the death penalty. I am certain Jesus was against it especially there at the end. Most Christians support it and find it moral even though it reeks of vengeance and the deliberate taking of a life. Don't want to have a discussion on the death penalty, it was an example of how RW Christians come down on any moral question of secular life and governance.
The Death Penalty also speaks of justice and is possibly a preventative. However, the reason we as citizens should vote against the death penalty is purely pragmatic. It costs more money to go for the death penalty than it does life in prison--and that costs plenty.

I think Jesus would consider this verse the most relevant:
"Love one another as I have loved you".

And, every word of that Book is there for a reason:
"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,"

God is not a respecter of persons, or governmental bent. He is only interested in collecting souls/children to seat at His table.

What are some of your examples of liberalism in the Bible?

My liberal values were absolutely informed by my early religious indoctrination. How conservatives have turned the seven deadly sins into virtues is beyond me. I no longer call myself a christian but the fearlessly gentle example of Jesus still resonates strongly with me.
If you don't consider yourself a Christian, then frankly, I don't care about your opinion about Christianity.

The Death Penalty also speaks of justice and is possibly a preventative. However, the reason we as citizens should vote against the death penalty is purely pragmatic. It costs more money to go for the death penalty than it does life in prison--and that costs plenty.

Only because it's dragged out with twenty years of appeals.

The lawyers thank you.

A violence worshiping, self-centered, guilt-free religion who's rules are anything you can rationalize as righteous. You have a lot in common with RW Christians.
At least I am honest about it.

Everybody else pretends to be righteous. You're all full of shit. You all want power and influence and use religion to get it.

:dunno:

Funny isn't it that death penalty opponents use a moral argument and the conservatives use a practical argument.

What are some of your examples of liberalism in the Bible?

They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. Matthew 22:21

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy; That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate; Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 1 Timothy 6:17-19

And thou shalt not glean thy vineyard, neither shalt thou gather every grape of thy vineyard; thou shalt leave them for the poor and stranger: I am the Lordyour God. Leviticus 19:10

Forum List

Back