Conservative Bible

Are the other 23,144 verses of the Bible relevant?

• Yes. We should consider the whole Bible and become liberals.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No. 2 Theasalonians 3:10 says it all. The other verses are stupid.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don’t you think Jesus would be proud that we as a society provide foodstamps to people who don’t have money?

Jesus was a food stamp recipient that loved the poor. Jesus was also a fan of the prophets who violently warned nations to care for the poor. I am going to answer yes to your question.

You guys are all making great arguments. I agree with all of you. I am a conservative too.

I'm not saying that being conservative is bad. I am saying that the Bible promotes liberal principles. Nobody is holding a gun to your hate and saying that you are obligated to like the Bible. Most conservatives passionately hate the Bible because of its promotion of communist/left wing ideologies. That's why I voted no in this poll.

So 'all other verses are stupid' , save for the cherypicked conservative ones?

ergo>>>>>

hB87FB409.jpg

~S~

You guys are all making great arguments. I agree with all of you. I am a conservative too.

I'm not saying that being conservative is bad. I am saying that the Bible promotes liberal principles. Nobody is holding a gun to your hate and saying that you are obligated to like the Bible. Most conservatives passionately hate the Bible because of its promotion of communist/left wing ideologies. That's why I voted no in this poll.
I don’t believe it does.

What I believe it says is the more you give the more you receive. That successful behaviors naturally lead to success.

Load us up with your theological findings. Quote that verse in Thessalonians that ignores the story in which that verse is located.

Skip the part of Acts that clearly describes the communist lifestyle of the followers of, "The Way".

ergo>>>>>

hB87FB409.jpg

~S~

You made a mistake. You said conservative ones. You accidentally put an S on the end.

Here. I corrected it for you.

So 'all other verses are stupid' , save for the cherypicked conservative one?

Whoops

The Bible teaches us to work hard and take personal responsibility for our actions and for our families. It teaches us not to be lazy and to enjoy the work of our hands. The Bible doesn’t teach that wealth is wrong. The Bible teaches that the love of money is wrong. Looking after the poor, the sick and the vulnerable and sharing with others are human values, not liberal values. Conservatives don't disagree with liberals on the problems. Conservatives disagree with liberals on the solutions to the problems. Those are two different things. The reality is the liberal solutions of throwing money over a fence have been shown not to work. All they do is induce a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the spirit of man.

ergo>>>>>

hB87FB409.jpg

~S~

You made a mistake. You said conservative ones. You accidentally put an S on the end.

Whoops

You'll please excuse me for not recognizing your level of biblical myopism then

~S~

ergo>>>>>

hB87FB409.jpg

~S~

Whoops

~S~

Post scriptures like crazy. Let the Bible speak for itself.

~S~

Just post scriptures without adding your opinion to it. I did it in this thread. Here is the response I got.

Bible hater said:
I say that because you've said that...Get the fuck away from me, commie scum

I gave no opinion. I just posted Roman's 13:1-3 with no commentary whatsoever. That guy got all kinds of mad. It is just a book. I don't know why he got so upset about what it said.

The Bible teaches us to work hard and take personal responsibility for our actions and for our families.

Oh? It teaches that? Of course you have Bible references to back that up. A pastor's sermon is not a Biblical reference.

I don’t believe it does.

What I believe it says is the more you give the more you receive. That successful behaviors naturally lead to success.

Load us up with your theological findings. Quote that verse in Thessalonians that ignores the story in which that verse is located.

Skip the part of Acts that clearly describes the communist lifestyle of the followers of, "The Way".
Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters.

Psalm 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.

Proverbs 12:11 Those who work their land will have abundant food, but those who chase fantasies have no sense.

Proverbs 13:4 A sluggard’s appetite is never filled, but the desires of the diligent are fully satisfied.

Proverbs: 12:24 Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in forced labor.

2 Timothy 2:6 The hardworking farmer should be the first to receive a share of the crops.

Ephesians 4:28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

The parable of the talents tells us that we are to use our talents God gave us.

The Parable of the Talents Matthew 25:14-30
14. "For it is as if a man, going on a journey, summoned his slaves and entrusted his property to them;
15. to one he gave five talents, to another two, to another one, to each according to his ability. Then he went away.
16. The one who had received the five talents went off at once and traded with them, and made five more talents.
17. In the same way, the one who had the two talents made two more talents.
18. But the one who had received the one talent went off and dug a hole in the ground and hid his master's money.
19. After a long time the master of those slaves came and settled accounts with them.
20. Then the one who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five more talents, saying, 'Master, you handed over to me five talents; see, I have made five more talents.'
21. His master said to him, 'Well done, good and trustworthy slave; you have been trustworthy in a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'
22. And the one with the two talents also came forward, saying, 'Master, you handed over to me two talents; see, I have made two more talents.'
23. His master said to him, 'Well done, good and trustworthy slave; you have been trustworthy in a few things, I will put you in charge of many things; enter into the joy of your master.'
24. Then the one who had received the one talent also came forward, saying, 'Master, I knew that you were a harsh man, reaping where you did not sow, and gathering where you did not scatter seed;
25. so I was afraid, and I went and hid your talent in the ground. Here you have what is yours.'
26. But his master replied, 'You wicked and lazy slave! You knew, did you, that I reap where I did not sow, and gather where I did not scatter?
27. Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and on my return I would have received what was my own with interest.
28. So take the talent from him, and give it to the one with the ten talents.
29. For to all those who have, more will be given, and they will have an abundance; but from those who have nothing, even what they have will be taken away.
30. As for this worthless slave, throw him into the outer darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.'

The Bible teaches us to work hard and take personal responsibility for our actions and for our families. It teaches us not to be lazy and to enjoy the work of our hands. The Bible doesn’t teach that wealth is wrong. The Bible teaches that the love of money is wrong. Looking after the poor, the sick and the vulnerable and sharing with others are human values, not liberal values. Conservatives don't disagree with liberals on the problems. Conservatives disagree with liberals on the solutions to the problems. Those are two different things. The reality is the liberal solutions of throwing money over a fence have been shown not to work. All they do is induce a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the spirit of man.

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Matthew 6:25

The Bible teaches us to work hard and take personal responsibility for our actions and for our families.

Oh? It teaches that? Of course you have Bible references to back that up. A pastor's sermon is not a Biblical reference.
Yes, see post #90.

My point is that both positions cannot be correct so the answer to your question is something in between. We are supposed to use our talents, we are supposed to work hard and enjoy creating, we are not supposed to love money to the point that we ignore our fellow man, we are supposed to be stewards. And none of that means we should throw money at problems. We literally have to help the less fortunate by ennobling their spirit instead of destroying their spirit. Liberal solutions - which are effectively federal government solutions - do not work. The responsibility for addressing social and economic problems belongs to the closest community or authority that can handle those problems.

You are literally making a biblical argument that implies we should let the federal government - the farthest authority from the problem - solve the problem. That is the implication you make when you call the principles of the Bible "liberal" principles. That is what I disagree with.

Last edited:

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

Matthew 6:25
Matthew 6 starts of telling us to do the right things for the right reasons.

6 “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

2 “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 3 But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

Prayer
5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

9 “This, then, is how you should pray:

“‘Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
10 your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
11 Give us today our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation,[a]
but deliver us from the evil one.’

14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Fasting
16 “When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show others they are fasting. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 17 But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18 so that it will not be obvious to others that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.​
It then goes on to say do not love money or the material world.

Treasures in Heaven
19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

22 “The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are healthy,[c] your whole body will be full of light. 23 But if your eyes are unhealthy,[d] your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light within you is darkness, how great is that darkness!

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I believe you are reading way more into it than there is.

Yes, see post #90.

My point is that both positions cannot be correct so the answer to your question is something in between. We are supposed to use our talents, we are supposed to work hard and enjoy creating, we are not supposed to love money to the point that we ignore our fellow man, we are supposed to be stewards. And none of that means we should throw money at problems. We literally have to help the less fortunate by ennobling their spirit instead of destroying their spirit. Liberal solutions - which are effectively federal government solutions - do not work. The responsibility for addressing social and economic problems belongs to the closest community or authority that can handle those problems.

You are literally making a biblical argument that implies we should let the federal government - the farthest authority from the problem - solve the problem. That is the implication you make when you call the principles of the Bible "liberal" principles. That is what I disagree with.

You did good.

So my answer to the poll is none of the above. My answer is that the whole Bible tells us that we are supposed to use our talents, we are supposed to work hard and enjoy creating, we are not supposed to love money to the point that we ignore our fellow man and we are supposed to be stewards. And when we help people it should be a personal experience that addresses social and economic problems at the closest community or authority level that can handle those problems. It starts with family, friends, churches, community and then local government at the county level. That way we ennoble them rather than destroy their spirit.

Yes, see post #90.

You did good.
Thanks. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of the argument that conservatives don't care. We care so much we want the problem solved the right way. I don't disagree with the problem. I disagree with the solution. My personal opinion of liberal politicians is they don't want the problem solved because then they can't use it as a political football. The reality is that their political football is a logical fallacy straw man of their own making. The tragedy of the situation is that it is at the expense of people's lives.

Do the right thing, the right way, for the right for the right reasons should be our national motto.

For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. 2 Thessalonians 3:10

To my knowledge this is the only verse of the Bible ever quoted by conservatives.

There are 17 other verses in Chapter 3 of Thessalonians. Are they relevant?

There are 23,144 other verses in the Bible. Are they relevant?

How can people continue to pretend that the Bible doesn't promote left wing principles? The Bible is way more consistent with liberal political thought than with conservative politic thought. Does anybody get it?

Jesus said this

Jesus said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place."

Clearly, by his words and action he is telling us that the kingdom of God has nothing to do with the god of this world.

However, Left wingers only look to corrupt world governments that Jesus side stepped.

Yes, when Jesus fed the multitude they all clamored to make him a king.

Jesus then tried to splain to them that a full belly was not the message, rather, it was only a means of gaining their attention for the real message which was a spiritual one.

He then left them instead of letting them make him a king, which is polar opposite to his purpose, but would be 100% what a Leftist would want so that heads would roll.

Yes, when Jesus fed the multitude they all clamored to make him a king.

Jesus then tried to splain to them that a full belly was not the message, rather, it was only a means of gaining their attention for the real message which was a spiritual one.

He then left them instead of letting them make him a king, which is polar opposite to his purpose, but would be 100% what a Leftist would want so that heads would roll.
God is a leftist what is he doing there?
God condemned all humans to die....

Forum List

Back