Conservatism And The Republican Party

But, now you're saying I'm unreasonable. All I'm saying is that any useful message the article may contain is obliterated by its terminal cuteness. You and I have discussed this before, I think, Diuretic. You simply cannot appreciate the vicious and all-encompassing nature of liberalism's domination over the dissemination of information in this country in the last century. I, on the other hand, am quite sensitive to it. If a journalist wishes to convey a "message" to me, he'd better just talk straight.

You picked up the "reasonable reader" bit eh? Doesn't it piss you off when someone does that? No-pne likes to think of themselves as "unreasonable" (although they should, according to G.B.Shaw). But I still think you aren't admitting the difference between reportage and opinion. I read leaders in the WSJ and have difficulty suppressing my gag response but when I read an article in the WSJ I expect to read straight reportage.

Any reasonable and intellectually honest, true conservative Republican already knows this. It is shameful and the main reason I'm considering a change of party (not Democratic). Those of who are honest about the state of the party certainly are growing tired of liberals shouting it from the rafters.

They will be very fatigued before it's over. And wouldn't it be good for politics in your country (wait, wait, I'm not being presumptuous, just putting an outsider's point of view) if you could break the duopoly? That's what I like about Canadian politics, they've got parties all over the place. BQ, Liberals, NDP, Conservatives (they used to have two flavours!). Anyway I've been cheeky enough - :eusa_whistle:

And just what cheap hallucinogens have you been indulging in? FOX Noise is to journalism what salmonella is to the food industry.

I actually agree with MM on that. There's a massive choice of information sources now. If someone wants to focus only on outlets (including websites) that reflect their own opinions then that's their choice. Fox is crap but the remote control button exists to change channels (lost mine, I hope the dog didn't eat it). Personally I can't watch O'Reilly any longer, I keep seeing this giant falafel. But no matter.

They will be very fatigued before it's over. And wouldn't it be good for politics in your country (wait, wait, I'm not being presumptuous, just putting an outsider's point of view) if you could break the duopoly? That's what I like about Canadian politics, they've got parties all over the place. BQ, Liberals, NDP, Conservatives (they used to have two flavours!). Anyway I've been cheeky enough - :eusa_whistle:

I didn't think you were being cheeky nor presumptuous. You're right, the two party system in the U.S. has hit a wall, in my opinion. And it's not just the two party system, it's the people who work in the two parties. They are more interested in getting re-elected than doing what's best for this country. The result of this is obvious, they get nothing done for the average American, they pass laws favoring the people, usually major corporations and special interest groups, who put the most money into their PACs and campaigns. I'm pretty much fed up with both the Republicans and the Democrats. Two sides of the same coin if you ask me.

But I still think you aren't admitting the difference between reportage and opinion.

You appear to be blurring those lines yourself, Diuretic. You speak in hushed, reverent tones of the article's "message"; there are a lot of "messages" in that article. I'm disinclined to rummage through an open sewer on the off chance that I might find a tasty sandwich there.

I reiterate, Diuretic - with all goodwill - that you cannot know of the hateful viciousness and innate, subtle, reflexive dishonesty of American liberal media. If I hadn't lived through it myself, I wouldn't believe it. It would sound too fantastic and audacious.

Fox is crap but the remote control button exists to change channels (lost mine, I hope the dog didn't eat it). Personally I can't watch O'Reilly any longer, I keep seeing this giant falafel. But no matter.

Therein lies the rub,

when Fox is number one in the ratings, and their slogan is oddly enough "Fair and Balanced"

they are in effect lying.

But when someone says its unfair and imbalanced, they are called Liberals.

The logic is foolproof, because no one would have the balls to proudly say "Fair and Balanced" when they arent.
Which guarantees that anyone who disagrees with an obviously conservative network, is obviously Liberal.

Its like me wearing a shirt that says im 6 ft 9inches tall, and when you point out that im obviously 5ft10, I call you a shorty and a short loving tall hater.

that you cannot know of the hateful viciousness and innate, subtle, reflexive dishonesty of American liberal media. If I hadn't lived through it myself, I wouldn't believe it. It would sound too fantastic and audacious.

It swing both ways, it just changes from red to blue.

Therein lies the rub,

when Fox is number one in the ratings, and their slogan is oddly enough "Fair and Balanced"

they are in effect lying.

But when someone says its unfair and imbalanced, they are called Liberals.

The logic is foolproof, because no one would have the balls to proudly say "Fair and Balanced" when they arent.
Which guarantees that anyone who disagrees with an obviously conservative network, is obviously Liberal.

Its like me wearing a shirt that says im 6 ft 9inches tall, and when you point out that im obviously 5ft10, I call you a shorty and a short lover. and you hate me cause im tall.

Focus, man.

You can't know what I'm talking about if you didn't live through it.

You may be right, but i have done a fair amount of studying, and Ive found that both sides like to tell their own story.

Take Nicaragua.

I guarantee that there are just as many people on one side as the other in regards to the US's involvement there.

Its similar to Iraq now. its just that now there is more than enough information available, and now you have more and more varying opinions all supplying their own versions of the truth to support their supposed truth.

You appear to be blurring those lines yourself, Diuretic. You speak in hushed, reverent tones of the article's "message"; there are a lot of "messages" in that article. I'm disinclined to rummage through an open sewer on the off chance that I might find a tasty sandwich there.

I reiterate, Diuretic - with all goodwill - that you cannot know of the hateful viciousness and innate, subtle, reflexive dishonesty of American liberal media. If I hadn't lived through it myself, I wouldn't believe it. It would sound too fantastic and audacious.
I agree. The one thing RSR does well, with examples, is illustrate just how biased the MSM news is. He doesn't just say it, he provides enough examples to choke all the horses left in the country.

You may be right, but i have done a fair amount of studying, and Ive found that both sides like to tell their own story.

Take Nicaragua.

I guarantee that there are just as many people on one side as the other in regards to the US's involvement there.

Its similar to Iraq now. its just that now there is more than enough information available, and now you have more and more varying opinions all supplying their own versions of the truth to support their supposed truth.

In the end, you will have to decide for yourself what truth is - and I wish you all the luck in the world. Don't be afraid to be a rebel, Superlative. It is a spiritually rewarding pursuit. Call "bullshit!" any time you see it.

I agree. The one thing RSR does well, with examples, is illustrate just how biased the MSM news is. He doesn't just say it, he provides enough examples to choke all the horses left in the country.

It's wonderful to witness growth and improvement, isn't it? I can relate. I like to think I've become a better member over the years. The Internet can be a wonderful learning center for those open to the experience.

You've taught me much, K!

It's wonderful to witness growth and improvement, isn't it? I can relate. I like to think I've become a better member over the years. The Internet can be a wonderful learning center for those open to the experience.

You've taught me much, K!

Thanks and same kudos back atcha.

You're right, except it was 12 years. And thats the reason im a moderate conservative and NOT a republican. My party sold me out, but to be fair, its not as is the democratic party, is being run by moderates either.

It took the Republicans about ten years to become more corrupt and venal than the Democrats ever thought of being in the forty years they controlled Congress.

I didn't think you were being cheeky nor presumptuous. You're right, the two party system in the U.S. has hit a wall, in my opinion. And it's not just the two party system, it's the people who work in the two parties. They are more interested in getting re-elected than doing what's best for this country. The result of this is obvious, they get nothing done for the average American, they pass laws favoring the people, usually major corporations and special interest groups, who put the most money into their PACs and campaigns. I'm pretty much fed up with both the Republicans and the Democrats. Two sides of the same coin if you ask me.

I don't want to bore anyone but here (Australia, I forgot I didn't put my location etc in the details area - yes, just my paranoia surfacing again) we have very similar problems.

On one side of politics (conservative) people won't get pre-selected for a parliamentary seat unless they (a) come from the "right" family background, (b) are loaded - money not booze, that comes later (c) have been to - private school, old established university and (d) have worked in a law firm and made senior partner.

On the other side (social democratic) people won't get pre-selected unless they (a) come from the "right" family background (b) get loaded as often as they can - with booze, the money comes later (c) have been to - private school, old established university and (d) have worked in a union without having picked up so much as a spanner (wrench).

See our problem? Tweedlebloodydee and Tweedlebloodydum.

Forum List

Back