The global warming myth

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by lieberalism, Apr 23, 2007.

1. lieberalism

lieberalism Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Al gore has ties to bill kkklinton. In all likelyhood, bill kkklinton and al bore fabricated the myth of global warming to ensure that their liberal dynasty would stay intact. let me be the first to say that al gore is going to run and steal the election, and use it as a platform to enact global warming legislation that would ruin america. why you ask is he so involved with it? easy, when the mideast oil runs out, liberals will need a way to assist the mid east terrorists. they cant buy up their oil and give saddam fake food that doesnt get to the people. they will need global warming funds funneled to their close terror buddies.

2. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    :thup: :eusa_clap: :eusa_dance: :clap2: :iagree:

3. lieberalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    snowman, what elements of the left do you think have the most to gain from the myth of global warming?

4. Ninja

Ninja Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +377
    Mainly the far, far, far, far, far, far left - the DLC, Joe Lieberman, Zell Miller and Sean Hannity.

5. lieberalism

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +54
    ralph nader and sean hannity are pretty much both liberals to me. neither one is a true conservative. the true conservatives have moved into the mountains, where they are training for the day america is finally overrun totally by the left wing militia.

6. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    What do you think, that Gore and Clinton were chillin one weekend having a barbeque, and Gore says:

Gore: Its hot, you think its hotter today than it was yesterday?

Bill: I think yer too close to the barbeque.

Gore: Maybe, but i need some money, Liberalism is dying and we need to think of a way to carry it on, any ideas?

Bill: well, lets take a hint from a guaranteed money maker, religion. You know why religion is still around?

Gore: No fuckin clue.

Bill: Because it can neither be proved, nor disproved.

Gore: still no fuckin clue.

Bill: Lets just make something up that has evidence to back it up and dismiss it, kind of like an opinion, it cant be wrong if we say its our opinion, its right.

Gore: I dont get it.

Bill: Its ok, I think we can use power point to make it easy for you to understand. This way we can give money to terrorists, My wife says they're our friends.

Gore: You wanna hotdog?

Thats basically what you think?

7. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I apologize, but this is really silly. We know something bad is happening, whether it is called global warming or god is really pissed and raised the temperature. BUT... I dont like the alarmistness of al gore. Are we really all gonna die in 30 years? With that said, we should do everything we can to reduce our dependance on foreign oil, which both democratic and republicans are failing on. Rather then argue this issue. Lets work together to fix it. Surely if their one issue that should NOT be a partisan issue, its our earth.
    Let us comprimise, and be reasonable, and we can solve the problem.

Agree with me, or disagree with me?. I welcome dissent lol :p

8. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,109
    I have often said that global warming is real, but I argue that it is more cyclical than it is human influenced. That's not to say that we as a species don't contribute to the problem, I am just not convinced that we contribute as much as the alarmists say we do.

That's not to say that we shouldn't consider making some changes. It's only prudent to consider making changes, if for no other reason than to help preserve the environment and make it healthier for humans.

There is plenty of evidence out there to refute the alarmist views that are currently the loudest and most often heard, all one need do is look for it. To listen to only one side of the argument is to limit your understanding of the problem.

Here's an interesting article from Newsweek (or Newsweak, as I like to call it). It's written by Richard Lindzen. He is the Alfred P. Sloan Professor of Meteorology at MIT His research is funded exclusively by the U.S. government. He receives no funding from any energy companies.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I agree and disagree. :razz:

Actaully, there seems to be an arguement for not doing anything, the earth is going to do what it wishes whether we contribute or not.

Its either going to get hotter or colder. we ether need winter coats, or find water underground.

I want to help, and its a gut reaction for alot of people to say, "dont tell me what to do" but to sit by and do nothing is just lazy.

There will alwas be opposition to change. Always.

I guess that we need to adapt to what the world throws at us, as unbelievable as it is for some people, its hard for alot to accept or even understand the ecosystem.

Everything is connected, Everything.

The earth will react to whatever we do, one way or another.

Some will be right and some may be wrong, one way alot of people are going to suffer, the other way, not so much.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    very wise insight hjmick and superlative :)