Congresswoman Hopes Reparations Bill is Path to ‘Repair Some of the Damage’ Caused by Slavery

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Are reparations also owed to families of Union soldiers that died fighting to end slavery?....Just curious!

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) told PJM that the federal government should conduct a study of reparations for descendants of slaves to be able to determine the best way to “repair some of the damage" that slavery has caused to the African-American community.

Jackson Lee became the lead sponsor of H.R. 40, the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, after Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) resigned from Congress.

The legislation seeks to “address the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to study and consider a national apology and proposal for reparations for the institution of slavery, its subsequent de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.”

Read more at pjmedia.com ...

Dcvr8Y0.jpg

Are reparations also owed to families of Union soldiers that died fighting to end slavery?....Just curious!

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) told PJM that the federal government should conduct a study of reparations for descendants of slaves to be able to determine the best way to “repair some of the damage" that slavery has caused to the African-American community.

Jackson Lee became the lead sponsor of H.R. 40, the Commission to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African-Americans Act, after Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.) resigned from Congress.

The legislation seeks to “address the fundamental injustice, cruelty, brutality, and inhumanity of slavery in the United States and the 13 American colonies between 1619 and 1865 and to establish a commission to study and consider a national apology and proposal for reparations for the institution of slavery, its subsequent de jure and de facto racial and economic discrimination against African-Americans, and the impact of these forces on living African-Americans, to make recommendations to the Congress on appropriate remedies, and for other purposes.”

Dcvr8Y0.jpg

as a LIB PROG I think this is nuts.

the civil war ended months ago! or even longer!

you've had plenty of time to assimilate and move on.

When my family came here they had 1 chair and 2 blankets. Today we own a whole living room and some nice quilts! All it took was a lot of hard work and 250 years!

so forget the reparations and just get busy being AMERICAN.

How about everyone who's still upset about slavery can get a one-way ticket, to the foreign destination of his or her choice, upon a promise never to return?

Dcvr8Y0.jpg

When my family came here they had 1 chair and 2 blankets. Today we own a whole living room and some nice quilts! All it took was a lot of hard work and 250 years!

You have an unusually underachieving family.

What I find interesting is that this woman doesn't think 600,000 dead Americans isn't a high enough price to pay for the injustice of slavery.

Dcvr8Y0.jpg

Next two years are going to be fun.

How about everyone who's still upset about slavery can get a one-way ticket, to the foreign destination of his or her choice, upon a promise never to return?

Say someone isn’t “upset” necessarily about slavery....rather- they acknowledge the sins that were committed in the name of nation/America-building, do not try and justify it and make strides to understand it in its historical context- but acknowledge it nonetheless and remain cognizant of how they have benefitted in America (indirectly) from the injustices meted out to people centuries before them which helped build the foundations which put meals on their tables and clothing on the backs of them and their families.....

Does that person also need to check out on a one-way ticket?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Say someone isn’t “upset” necessarily about slavery....rather- they acknowledge the sins that were committed in the name of nation/America-building, do not try and justify it and make strides to understand it in its historical context- but acknowledge it nonetheless and remain cognizant of how they have benefitted in America (indirectly) from the injustices meted out to people centuries before them which helped build the foundations which put meals on their tables and clothing on the backs of them and their families.....

I believe Union soldiers burned down those foundations so unless the insurance companies kick something in, there is nothing left. A bigger question, Hitler had many more slaves, does Merkel have to pony up?

As we continue paying Native Americans reparations and will do so until there is no more United States, the arguments against reparations for blacks have no merit.

From a purely economic standpoint, I'd say slavery worked out pretty well for folks like Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, etc., etc. etc.

You know what quotation marks and parentheses are, but do you know what commas and periods are?

From a purely economic standpoint, I'd say slavery worked out pretty well for folks like Oprah Winfrey, Michael Jordan, Lebron James, etc., etc. etc.

Spoken like a true white dumb ass.

The bill will get dumped on account that the US was not a nation until the 1780's and all claims before that date will have to be referred to the English, French, Dutch and Spanish crowns..

Last edited:

How did American slavery have a negative economic impact on Oprah, Michael and Lebron?

There are 46 million blacks here and when you can name 3 just to argue a racist argument then you can go fuck yourself because that's the answer.

How did American slavery have a negative economic impact on Oprah, Michael and Lebron?

There are 46 million blacks here and when you can name 3 just to argue a racist argument then you can go fuck yourself because that's the answer.

How is my statement racist? Just because my factually correct statement hurts your vagina does not make it a racist statement.

How is my statement racist? Just because my factually correct statement hurts your vagina does not make it a racist statement.

There are 46 million blacks here. You named 3. Your argument is racist on it's face. But your claim dies right here.

upload_2019-1-3_3-7-32.png

This wealth gap started with slavery and you have benefitted from it.

Forum List

Back