Congressman LaMalfa stumps entire panel with climate questions

Your comment about democrats was an expression of anti-Democratic bigotry. A belief in generalizations like that, covering millions of individuals, is bigotry. Bigotry does not always mean racial bigotry.
"Everything I don't like is Bigotry and Hate"

Reeeee for me shitlib

My argument is a statement of demonstrable fact.

It wasn't an admission, it was a factual statement based on multiple observations.

I never suggested any of those things. But you might consider how you could reduce your CO2 emissions

Is it authoritarian control to put speed limits signs on our roads and establish school zones? Is it authoritarian control when the FDA prevents people from selling us deadly poisons as medicine? Is it authoritarian control when the EPA prevents industries from polluting our air and water with cancer-causing toxins? Is it authoritarian control when inspectors make certain that the electrical wiring in our homes will not catch fire or electrocute us and our children? Is it authoritarian control to force anyone wanting to drive a vehicle on public roads to have passed a driving test and hold a valid license?

Why are these things okay but attempting to prevent the world from cooking itself with greenhouse emissions is a "fuck you" moment?
No your argument is based on FANTASY

Again 0.042% CO2 total in our atmosphere is not catastrophic

Maybe you should. Stop using the internet, stop traveling to places like Paris where I'm sure you flew in a plane, stop using vehicles, reduce your footprint since you care so fucking much

Its authoritarian to ban cars, stoves and heat/AC yes. Again if you care about your carbon footprint stop using these things lets see how long you go especially with summer coming. I bet you don't live somewhere that gets as hot as it does in my town. You'd never make it without AC

So again fuck you and your climate hoax bs

No your argument is based on FANTASY
My argument is based on the published scientific studies of thousands of PhD scientists over the last several decades. Please visit AR6 Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis — IPCC
Again 0.042% CO2 total in our atmosphere is not catastrophic
A 50% increase from what it has been for over a million years; five times the span of time over which modern humans have existed. And what might be your basis for that conclusion? What is youro science background?
Maybe you should. Stop using the internet, stop traveling to places like Paris where I'm sure you flew in a plane, stop using vehicles, reduce your footprint since you care so fucking much
I do take it into consideration.
Its authoritarian to ban cars, stoves and heat/AC yes.
There are all manner of cars which are "banned"; which cannot legally be driven on public roads. The move to ban gas stoves started with a health concern for conditions found in children living in homes with gas stoves. You cannot show me any legislation introduced to ban stoves, heat or A/C because none exists.
Again if you care about your carbon footprint stop using these things lets see how long you go especially with summer coming. I bet you don't live somewhere that gets as hot as it does in my town. You'd never make it without AC
I live in southern Florida. FP&L, my power provider, has been building significant solar PV facilities and a larger and larger proportion of my power is being provided by renewable sources. I drive hybrids and will likely be moving to EV or hydrogen when the time comes.
So again fuck you and your climate hoax bs
Aside from your hatred of democrats, what evidence do you have supporting your claim that it is a hoax by authoritarians seeking power?

My argument is based on the published scientific studies of thousands of PhD scientists over the last several decades. Please visit AR6 Climate Change 2021: The Physical Science Basis — IPCC

A 50% increase from what it has been for over a million years; five times the span of time over which modern humans have existed. And what might be your basis for that conclusion? What is youro science background?

I do take it into consideration.

There are all manner of cars which are "banned"; which cannot legally be driven on public roads. The move to ban gas stoves started with a health concern for conditions found in children living in homes with gas stoves. You cannot show me any legislation introduced to ban stoves, heat or A/C because none exists.

I live in southern Florida. FP&L, my power provider, has been building significant solar PV facilities and a larger and larger proportion of my power is being provided by renewable sources. I drive hybrids and will likely be moving to EV or hydrogen when the time comes.

Aside from your hatred of democrats, what evidence do you have supporting your claim that it is a hoax by authoritarians seeking power?
Climate scientists who I am sure aren't biased at all LOL check their funding

OMG we're all gonna die! Too bad everything needs CO2..carbon is the building block of life

You take it into consideration but you don't actually DO anything. Gotcha

Good for you I live in CA. You know how many blackouts we have cause we rely on green energy? You think everyone plugging in their EVs won't overload an already taxed system?

Common sense try using it sometime

Climate scientists who I am sure aren't biased at all LOL check their funding
Thousands of scientists from all over the world, funded by educational institutions and governments. You would have a hard time establishing a common cause amongst all of them. Studies funded by the fossil fuel industry or the shell companies and organizations they've created and funded are another issue altogether. They DO have a common cause and much more potent motivation than a scientist looking for a research grant.
OMG we're all gonna die! Too bad everything needs CO2..carbon is the building block of life
There is no shortage of carbon or carbon dioxide. The increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere have led to increased acidity in the oceans which are affecting the chemical processes whereby many marine species draw calcium carbonate out of solution to build corals, exoskeletons and shells. The acidity has also affected the biochemical processes involved in simple reproduction of many other species.
You take it into consideration but you don't actually DO anything. Gotcha
I drive nothing but hybrid vehicles. I do not use gas for anything in my house. All my yard tools are electric and I own 1.5, heavily planted acres. But none of that has ANYTHING to do with the validity of the science.
From this article:

A federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves, a source of indoor pollution linked to childhood asthma.
From this article:
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute, a trade group that represents major refrigeration manufacturers, applauded the EPA’s move, saying it would “help create the certainty necessary for U.S. companies to maintain their natural technological advantage.”

“It continues our path of industry job creation, innovation and trade, and we are pleased at the signal it sends to the states and to other countries around the world,” its president, Stephen Yurek, said in a statement.

The EPA said that phasing in more energy-efficient cooling methods instead of HFCs would save “billions of dollars.” Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said the rule, combined with other climate-related investments in the December legislation, would “create hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs that will combat climate change.”

David Doniger of the Natural Resources Defense Council also lauded the move.

“Replacing HFCs is a critical and totally doable first step to head off the worst of the climate crisis, and we have safer alternatives ready to go that will save industry money in the bargain,” he said.

Phasing out HFCs globally is also called for in the Kigali Amendment, a 2016 update to the 1987 international treaty known as the Montreal Protocol. Shortly after taking office in January, President Joe Biden signed an executive order embracing the Kigali Amendment and starting the process for sending it to the Senate for ratification.

The EPA plans to finalize the rule later this year after a 45-day public comment period and a public hearing.

END EXCERPT

So, no one is suggesting you do without air conditioning or refrigeration.
Good for you I live in CA.
It actually sucks. Our governor is a born-again fascist.
You know how many blackouts we have cause we rely on green energy? You think everyone plugging in their EVs won't overload an already taxed system?

Common sense try using it sometime
Good sources. Try using them sometime. Case Study: California Blackouts

Thousands of scientists from all over the world, funded by educational institutions and governments. You would have a hard time establishing a common cause amongst all of them. Studies funded by the fossil fuel industry or the shell companies and organizations they've created and funded are another issue altogether. They DO have a common cause and much more potent motivation than a scientist looking for a research grant.

There is no shortage of carbon or carbon dioxide. The increased CO2 levels in the atmosphere have led to increased acidity in the oceans which are affecting the chemical processes whereby many marine species draw calcium carbonate out of solution to build corals, exoskeletons and shells. The acidity has also affected the biochemical processes involved in simple reproduction of many other species.

I drive nothing but hybrid vehicles. I do not use gas for anything in my house. All my yard tools are electric and I own 1.5, heavily planted acres. But none of that has ANYTHING to do with the validity of the science.

From this article:

A federal agency is considering a ban on gas stoves, a source of indoor pollution linked to childhood asthma.

From this article:
The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute, a trade group that represents major refrigeration manufacturers, applauded the EPA’s move, saying it would “help create the certainty necessary for U.S. companies to maintain their natural technological advantage.”

“It continues our path of industry job creation, innovation and trade, and we are pleased at the signal it sends to the states and to other countries around the world,” its president, Stephen Yurek, said in a statement.

The EPA said that phasing in more energy-efficient cooling methods instead of HFCs would save “billions of dollars.” Sen. Tom Carper, D-Del., chairman of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said the rule, combined with other climate-related investments in the December legislation, would “create hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs that will combat climate change.”

David Doniger of the Natural Resources Defense Council also lauded the move.

“Replacing HFCs is a critical and totally doable first step to head off the worst of the climate crisis, and we have safer alternatives ready to go that will save industry money in the bargain,” he said.

Phasing out HFCs globally is also called for in the Kigali Amendment, a 2016 update to the 1987 international treaty known as the Montreal Protocol. Shortly after taking office in January, President Joe Biden signed an executive order embracing the Kigali Amendment and starting the process for sending it to the Senate for ratification.

The EPA plans to finalize the rule later this year after a 45-day public comment period and a public hearing.

END EXCERPT

So, no one is suggesting you do without air conditioning or refrigeration.

It actually sucks. Our governor is a born-again fascist.

Good sources. Try using them sometime. Case Study: California Blackouts
1681057737363673.gif

I have no idea who the people on that panel might be - and I haven't seen any sign that any of you do either. But, as I think we all know, CO2 is currently 420 ppmV of the atmosphere. That would translate to 0.042%. The annual human contribution is a small portion of that. That should not relieve you, it should worry you, because the reason the atmosphere's level is so much larger than the annual contribution is CO2's LO-O-O-O-NG lifespan in the air.
I believe they own companies that own ICE trucks and are bending over backwards to replace with EV trucks. And not a one knows why they are doing it. That was the Congressman's point.

Let's face it. Making generalizations like that is purely the result of ignorant bigotry. The people on that panel obviously had no scientific familiarity with atmospheric CO2. The stupidest poster here (and you know who you are) would have gotten that question right. But to suggest that those people represent the world's climate scientists or the level of their knowledge is simply ignorant bullshit on your part.
Making generalizations like that is purely because it's true....You moonbats have more ways for the world to end than Titleist has golf balls.

I believe they own companies that own ICE trucks and are bending over backwards to replace with EV trucks. And not a one knows why they are doing it. That was the Congressman's point.
That was not demonstrated by the congressman. I'm quite certain that they know ICE vehicles produce more CO2 than EVs and that CO2 causes global warming. That they didn't know the percentage it occupies in the atmosphere is irrelevant to that point. And, of course, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of AGW.

And how would you know what people are telling you if you don't read it? I looks to me as if you've chosen to be stupid.
LOL everyone who doesn't listen to my insane ramblings is stupid!

You should be in a rubber room

That was not demonstrated by the congressman. I'm quite certain that they know ICE vehicles produce more CO2 than EVs and that CO2 causes global warming. That they didn't know the percentage it occupies in the atmosphere is irrelevant to that point. And, of course, this has nothing whatsoever to do with the validity of AGW.
It is hilarious if nothing else when you post such stupidity. Truly amazing how ignorant you really are. If onl .02% of the atmosphere is what is of concern............ Why would someone drop all that coin for something that doesn't exist was his point, I think they felt that.

I'm presuming that I'm not the only person whose been shown that gif.

For trying to teach you some basic science that will affect your life and the lives of your children for a dozen generations?
LOL OMG WERE ALL GONNA DIE FROM .005 CO2!!!!!!!

for being an alarmist idiot

Forum List

Back