Congress misses deadline to reauthorize CHIP; childrens' health care program! GOP no love kids

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Baz Ares, Oct 2, 2017.

1. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,486
    And on the flip side, the same folks demanding that the children be fed on the public dime are constantly bitching about obesity being rampant in the same population. Of course, now we need to provide some kind of fitness program, on the public dime.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. francoHFW

francoHFW Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,683
    My representatives are trying... Your representatives are bought off hypocrites

3. The Derp

The Derp Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,243
    Or force the food industry to sharply reduce the amount of sugar they put in everything.

4. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,486
    My, but you do have a short attention span. I have never opposed abortion. I have opposed forcing other people to fund abortion and I feel that forcing the rest of us to fund the perpetrators of abortion for their mental health issues when later down the line their guilt requires intensive counseling and administration of drugs so they can "cope".
    As far as comprehensive birth control training, why is there such objection to including abstinence as part of that curriculum? It's the only 100% means of preventing unwanted births.
    If I am to be forced to financially contribute to other peoples' reproductive choices, my plan includes both an abortion option and mandatory birth control training.
    First abortion: funded using a government administered fund using voluntary contributions, perhaps a check-off on your tax form. That way, those who object to abortion can opt-out of the program. Mandatory birth control training subsequent to that first abortion. OK, so the gal made a mistake, perhaps through ignorance about what causes pregnancy or how to prevent it. Now she knows.
    Second abortion: mandatory sterilization. Sorry, we gave you the benefit of the doubt and appropriate information to prevent this again. If you come in for a second abortion, you are too stupid, too ignorant, or just too lazy to do what you need to do to keep from dropping you spawn on the public for support. This is a win-win for those dunned to pay for these reprobates bad choices: fewer unwanted mouths to feed, and the gene pool will benefit from the concurrent cleansing.
    So, you see, I'm not anti-abortion or against proper education about how to prevent pregnancy. I object to forcing others to unwillingly cooperate with others' choices.

5. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,486
    Funny, they don't scrape by paycheck-to-paycheck. They plan and budget for things they need and those things they want. It is very possible, but too many people just do not have the self-discipline to do this.

6. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,486
    Sugar, fat, and GMOs should all be limited or eliminated. Again, as a society, we have gotten lazy about our food or our busy schedules do not permit proper food preparation. How many families sit down at least once a week to a decent, home-cooked meal using fresh, raw ingredients? How many families do this daily?

7. gallantwarrior

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,486
    Or turn off the TVs, DVDs, video games and other devices and make the kids go out and play b-ball, tag, etc. Not likely, because too many parents are not around to make the kids get out a PLAY!! Remember playing outside, with other kids...real people, not a bunch of video avatars?

8. The Derp

The Derp Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,243
    OK well first of all if you have insurance, you're paying for all sorts of medical procedures for other people you might have a personal objection. Whether or not the government reimburses providers shouldn't and doesn't matter to you and your health care delivery. You don't get to pick and choose what an insurer reimburses for someone else's care, so just stop.

Secondly, to say that women who have abortions have mental health issues afterward is a crock of shit. A complete and utter crock of shit. Most mental health issues are genetic and/or caused by environment...not because someone made a choice to take action on something. What makes you think abortion leads to mental health issues? Take me through your reasoning there. Because I would argue that religion is a mental health issue, and those who subscribe to faith have mental illnesses that prevent them from accepting the reality of the world around them, and that some questions can be answered...they don't need to defer to their invisible friend. If some homeless person on the street was talking to God, you'd lock them up for being crazy. Yet, those who talk to God all the time aren't? Come on.

Because abstinence doesn't stop conception. And it's unnatural. And when it's been taught, teen pregnancy rates increase. The facts of the pregnancy rate disprove the theory -which is all it is, a theory- that abstinence prevents pregnancy. Abstinence didn't work for Sarah Palin's daughter, so why would it work for anyone else? Abstinence isn't birth control, it's religious-based dogma. Dump it.

And people are forced to contribute to your reproductive choices, namely paying for all those kids who otherwise wouldn't have been born, had there been comprehensive sex education and/or free, open, and unfettered access to contraception and birth control. So grow the fuck up and get over yourself.

9. The Derp

The Derp Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,243
    Or maybe you could just get the fuck over yourself? Why is that not an option?

Again, it's not your business why a woman gets an abortion, and your need to know why says a lot about you. It's not anyone's business that you need a little blue pill to get your shriveled pecker hard, so why is it anyone's business why a woman gets an abortion? It's not. How about instead of all that shit geared towards punishment, we instead force you to get the fuck over yourself?

Again, why is getting over yourself not an option? Are you not capable of it?

10. The Derp

The Derp Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,243
    1. Fat isn't bad for you. In fact, fat is beneficial to you because fat is what is burned first when exercising. Shedding fat is easier than shedding sugar. Also, fat isn't addictive but sugar is. Sugar also wreaks havoc on your kidneys and digestive system...fat doesn't. In fact, the demonization of fat is only recent to the last 50 or so years and was only because the sugar industry paid the government to spread fears about fat. So whenever you buy a "low fat" product, you are buying a "high-sugar" product. Because they replace the fats with sugar to make it taste better and more addictive.

2. GMO's are completely necessary and safe. We are going to need GMO's because Climate Change is going to (and already has) disrupted farming by rising temperatures and droughts. So we are going to need genetically engineered crops that can grow in the desert and/or go without water for prolonged periods of time.

3. The reason people don't sit down for family dinners anymore is because both parents have to spend time working just to sustain the family to put food on the table. The easy solution to this is to raise wages, starting with the minimum wage...but Conservatives oppose that, so it's hard to see how their complaints about this aren't just a circle jerk, and they're left eating the cracker.

• Funny Funny x 1