Congress misses deadline to reauthorize CHIP; childrens' health care program! GOP no love kids

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Baz Ares, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    That's because the leftists version of helping involves SAYING you care.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,536
    They will help, as long as they don't have to do the actual help.

It's like handing a ditch digger his shovel and claiming you did 1/2 the work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    In other words, as long as they don't have to voluntarily put forth the money they demand the rest of us be forced to pay. Can't count the number of times a lefty has said "I wouldn't mind paying more in taxes if it would go to (fill in the blank)". It seems they believe that the only way things can be done is for the government to tell them to help in situations where they claim to care so much. If they cared, why does anyone have to tell them?

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,536
    Want a better school?

How's about you buy some books for the kids yourself?
    no?

then stfu.

We feed kids 3 meals a day now, that's in addition to the food stamps. So what are they doing during the summer?

5. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    How much redundancy is there is the two food programs? Where I live, the schools do breakfast and lunch. Many kids get "free" on both of them. If the family is getting food stamps and it takes into account three meals/day, the taxpayers are providing financing for 5 meals/day during the school year. During the summer, since there is no school, they're back down to three meals/day.

Many location do what is called a "Backpack Program". The schools send home a book bag with food each weekend throughout the school year so the children will have something to eat when school is out. Funding for many of those is through private donations as it should be. My question is if the family is getting food stamps, and that's a factor used is deciding who gets the bags, why is there a need to send food home if money is provided to buy it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. The Derp

The Derp VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,513
    They are your responsibility because you oppose free and open access to birth control and contraception, in addition to opposing comprehensive sexual education. So all these children that are unwanted would be prevented with a sexual education and contraceptive policy, which would also prevent abortion. So it's hard to see how you aren't the cause of the problem you complain about.

Of course, it's more complicated than that. You force people to give birth, then you shirk any responsibility for anything that comes afterwards. So again, how are you not the cause of the problem you complain about?

No one believes for a second that you made it this far in your life on your own.

All do contribute to it because it's funded from the Medicare tax and administered by CMS. You know nothing.

Yeah, you take handouts just like anyone else. Like the Child Tax Credit. Total handout.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766

Run along, troll. I'd rather deal with the n*ggers on here. They're even smarter than you.

8. The Derp

The Derp VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,513
    Couple things to this:

1. There would be fewer abortions if there was free, open, and unfettered access to birth control and contraception. There would also be fewer abortions if there was comprehensive sex ed in schools. You oppose all that, so it's hard to see how your outrage at abortion is genuine when you oppose the things that would dramatically lower the abortion rate. Basically, your argument against abortion is a big old circle jerk, and you are eating the cracker.

2. Whether or not you are morally opposed to abortion doesn't change the fact that once children are born, they need to be taken care of. So you force these women to give birth, then you abrogate responsibility for everything that comes afterward. Well, you are assuming responsibility for the child when you force birth, so what happens after the child is born is your responsibility too.

3. When it comes to wasting tax dollars, I hear you. I agree there is a lot of wasteful spending on folks who don't deserve it. You and I just disagree on who those folks are.

9. The Derp

The Derp VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,513
    I can tell my points hit home because you invoked Conservative racism.

10. Conservative65

Conservative65 BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,766
    You made no points. Plenty of excuses but no points. That's why I labeled you lower than the n*ggers. At least someone of them try to make a point.