Congress can make Trump's tax records public without his consent!

probably because the only people that read that drivel is hack jobs.
We will see...we will see!

Or, we won't.

and the earth will keep rotating
But a lot of us would feel better about the earth's turning without Trump as the most powerful person on earth.
Problem is libs don't own the Earth (although they think they do) and the rest of us don't give a shit about your feelings.
What lib? I am as conservative as Louis Farrakhan! Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a lib. You fright-wingers are the most divisive trolls around;and , to you, everyone has to be a "lib" or a konservative. If that were true, one party would be in power all the time.
That made no sense. You post nothing but stupid lib shit so I'll stick with that.

Last edited:
We will see...we will see!

Or, we won't.

But a lot of us would feel better about the earth's turning without Trump as the most powerful person on earth.
Problem is libs don't own the Earth (although they think they do) and the rest of us don't give a shit about your feelings.
What lib? I am as conservative as Louis Farrakhan! Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a lib. You fright-wingers are the most divisive trolls around;and , to you, everyone has to be a "lib" or a konservative. If that were true, one party would be in power all the time.
That made no sense. You post nothing but stupid lib shit so I'll stick with that.
Stick it up yer arse.It makes sense to those who THINK. Farrakhan is not a lib by ANY stretch of your stupid imagination and neither am I. We both hate arrogant racist assholes like YOU.

Or, we won't.

Stick it up yer arse.It makes sense to those who THINK. Farrakhan is not a lib by ANY stretch of your stupid imagination and neither am I. We both hate arrogant racist assholes like YOU.
I didn't say anything about Freakahan, you did. Nor did I say anything about race. You're a dimwitted spewing libtard that thinks you're smart.

Though our new president may not realize it, Congress has the power to obtain his tax returns and reveal them to the public without his consent, including returns under audit.

Congress’s right to reveal tax information independent of the president’s authority proved extremely important in 1973 and 1974, when President Richard Nixon became entangled in a controversy involving his claim of a sizable charitable deduction for giving his official papers to the National Archives. Nixon initially stonewalled the inquiries, including making his famous statement that “I am not a crook.” When the pressure increased, he contended correctly that the IRS had already audited the pertinent returns and not ordered any change.

But a leak subsequently revealed that Nixon, despite having income of more than $200,000, had paid about the same amount of tax as families with incomes under $10,000. Outrage at this revelation eventually led Nixon to seek review of his taxes from the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, which delegated the task to its respected nonpartisan staff. The staff ultimately found that Nixon owed almost $500,000 in additional taxes over four years — roughly one-half of his net worth at the time. Because of the importance of the matter to the nation, the Joint Committee exercised its authority and voted 9 to 1 (three Republicans joined six Democrats) to release the staff report, including Nixon’s confidential tax return information, to the public.

Opinion | Congress has the power to obtain and release Trump’s tax returns

I can hardly wait for the Republican controlled Congress to release Trump's tax returns. LOL

FROM POLITIFACT:

Several polls, including one released the day before his latest press conference, show that a sizable portion of the public does think Trump’s tax returns are an important issue. These polls word their questions differently, but most results showed a majority of Americans believed the issue was relevant, undermining Trump’s assertion that only the media wants to explore the issue.

We rate Trump’s statement False.

Here is what I think of polls

"Can Donald Trump win? It's possible, but certainly a long shot. On the morning of the election, Hillary Clinton holds the edge over Trump, though her once commanding national lead now stands at 3 points and she's lost the advantage in several key battleground states. Once hopelessly behind in the electoral count, Trump has pulled within striking distance over the last two weeks, but will need a last-minute miracle to pull off the win. Real Clear Politics' electoral map based on state poll averages shows Clinton barely edging Trump 272 to 266."

Though our new president may not realize it, Congress has the power to obtain his tax returns and reveal them to the public without his consent, including returns under audit.

Congress’s right to reveal tax information independent of the president’s authority proved extremely important in 1973 and 1974, when President Richard Nixon became entangled in a controversy involving his claim of a sizable charitable deduction for giving his official papers to the National Archives. Nixon initially stonewalled the inquiries, including making his famous statement that “I am not a crook.” When the pressure increased, he contended correctly that the IRS had already audited the pertinent returns and not ordered any change.

But a leak subsequently revealed that Nixon, despite having income of more than $200,000, had paid about the same amount of tax as families with incomes under $10,000. Outrage at this revelation eventually led Nixon to seek review of his taxes from the congressional Joint Committee on Taxation, which delegated the task to its respected nonpartisan staff. The staff ultimately found that Nixon owed almost $500,000 in additional taxes over four years — roughly one-half of his net worth at the time. Because of the importance of the matter to the nation, the Joint Committee exercised its authority and voted 9 to 1 (three Republicans joined six Democrats) to release the staff report, including Nixon’s confidential tax return information, to the public.

they can... but it is unlikely that the hacks on the right will.

No one gives a fuck about his taxes except the butthurt left.

I didn't say anything about Freakahan, you did. Nor did I say anything about race. You're a dimwitted spewing libtard that thinks you're smart.

I said I was as conservative as Farrakhan and you didn't have the brain power to make sense of that. You Trump-bots can't process anything that falls outside of your circle jerk group think.
And I don't think I am smart, I KNOW I am. I am certainly not going to say I'm DUMB and you wouldn't either.

I can hardly wait for the Republican controlled Congress to release Trump's tax returns. LOL

FROM POLITIFACT:

Several polls, including one released the day before his latest press conference, show that a sizable portion of the public does think Trump’s tax returns are an important issue. These polls word their questions differently, but most results showed a majority of Americans believed the issue was relevant, undermining Trump’s assertion that only the media wants to explore the issue.

"Can Donald Trump win? It's possible, but certainly a long shot. On the morning of the election, Hillary Clinton holds the edge over Trump, though her once commanding national lead now stands at 3 points and she's lost the advantage in several key battleground states. Once hopelessly behind in the electoral count, Trump has pulled within striking distance over the last two weeks, but will need a last-minute miracle to pull off the win. Real Clear Politics' electoral map based on state poll averages shows Clinton barely edging Trump 272 to 266."

All polls are not the same. Those state polls predicting an election differ from a Gallup poll reflecting public opinion on key issues

they can... but it is unlikely that the hacks on the right will.
The fright-wing hacks can be reminded of who they work for if enough of us
petition our congress persons, and especially those on the join tax commission.

No one gives a fuck about his taxes except the butthurt left.
I posted a link that refutes your assertion!

FROM POLITIFACT:

All polls are not the same. Those state polls predicting an election differ from a Gallup poll reflecting public opinion on key issues

This from Gallup

"The average "gap" estimate on the national popular vote as calculated by RealClear Politics prior to the election was 3.3 points. This means the national popular vote estimate will end up being significantly closer to the actual result than was the case in 2012, and well within the margin of error. To come within less than two percentage points on the gap is a remarkable polling achievement and should be applauded.

But, given that the Electoral College determines the winner, state-level polls are what matters for those interested in projecting the outcome of a presidential election. And projecting the Electoral College outcome using polling essentially comes down to the accuracy of polls conducted in a handful of swing states. The outcome in the vast majority of other states is predetermined in all but wave elections (the last wave election was in 1984)."

National Polling Accurately Nails Popular Vote

you aren't making any sense.

You have a point. I hadn't considered that welfare checks and food stamps don't generate enough "income" to require you to have filed a tax return so your failure to append a .pdf file of one to the original post does make sense.

You don't know me,fool. You probably couldn't afford to live in my upscale neighborhood.

FROM POLITIFACT:

At this point, what difference does it make

FROM POLITIFACT:

This from Gallup

"The average "gap" estimate on the national popular vote as calculated by RealClear Politics prior to the election was 3.3 points. This means the national popular vote estimate will end up being significantly closer to the actual result than was the case in 2012, and well within the margin of error. To come within less than two percentage points on the gap is a remarkable polling achievement and should be applauded.

But, given that the Electoral College determines the winner, state-level polls are what matters for those interested in projecting the outcome of a presidential election. And projecting the Electoral College outcome using polling essentially comes down to the accuracy of polls conducted in a handful of swing states. The outcome in the vast majority of other states is predetermined in all but wave elections (the last wave election was in 1984)."

So what is your point???

FROM POLITIFACT:

With all the rumored conflicts of interest surrounding Trump's foreign investments and business deals, the release of his tax returns would serve a national interest. The American people have a need to know their president is not, under the color of authority, using his office to benefit himself.

FROM POLITIFACT:

With all the rumored conflicts of interest surrounding Trump's foreign investments and business deals, the release of his tax returns would serve a national interest. The American people have a need to know their president is not, under the color of authority, using his office to benefit himself.
Nobody Cares! His only "conflict of interest" is that he wants to undo the Progressive Jihad on America

FROM POLITIFACT:

This from Gallup

So what is your point???

"Several polls, including one released the day before his latest press conference, show that a sizable portion of the public does think Trump’s tax returns are an important issue."

POINT #1 Polls conducted by phone SUCK. Point #2 Politifact spent 8 years making excuses for Obama and now will spend 8 years denigrating Trump.

Forum List

Back