Congress at 25% - Bush at 29%

Dems have found out why their poll numbers are so low

Attachments

• $Water lilies.jpg
    $Water lilies.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 63
incorrect...the democrats in congress are 10 points higher than the republicans in congress. when will you ever quit running awafy from that fact?

When will either of you admit that the American people are sick and tired of all politicians? That it really isn't 'neo-cons' vs. 'libs'? That no one really wants more death and mayhem? That neither side is as stupid as the other side wants to paint them?

When will either of you admit that the American people are sick and tired of all politicians? That it really isn't 'neo-cons' vs. 'libs'? That no one really wants more death and mayhem? That neither side is as stupid as the other side wants to paint them?

I have never painted the republican party as stupid. I have painted this president as bullheaded, ill-informed, incurious, and wrong about his invasion of Iraq.

I firmly believe that Americans have had a dim view of politicians in general for decades, yet they keep listening to their platforms, choosing sides and voting for them. Americans don't like politicians very much but there really isn't any viable alternative to them, is there?

I get sick and tired of RSR CONTINUALLY mischaracterizing the public opinion of CONGRESS as being the public opinion of Democrats. And for that reason alone, I continue to harp on all the polls that have asked the voters to differentiate and how they all have consistently given democrats higher marks.... the little fucking weasel refuses to ever acknowledge that, regardless of how dissatisfied the public is with democrats, they are even more dissatisfied with republicans so suggesting that the public's dissatisfaction with democrats equates somehow to a tacit level of satisfaction with republicans is bullshit and if the little prick would just demonstrate that he has ANY testicular fortitude and just admit that, we could move on....

There are a great many issues in the political arena that are very well suited to political compromise. I have personally witnessed good laws being made in the chambers of the maine state legislature when well meaning, intelligent folks from both sides of the aisle come together in the middle to do the people's business. I am perfectly willing to accept political compromise on taxes, on education, on health care, on monetary policy, on defense, on crime, on abortion, on civil unions...and on and on and on.

There is only ONE issue that I am adamantly and irrevocably at odds with this administration on: the war in Iraq.

I supported Bush when he invaded Afghanistan. I volunteered to go back on active duty to help him. I am not a coward. I do not want to surrender anything to any enemy. I am a proud veteran and retiree and I do not take it lightly when someone impugns my patriotism or my courage.... and I do not sit idly by and let people continue to paint George Bush out to be some fucking savior and saint and brilliant foreign policy guru when he has single handedly fucked up this country's foreign policy more than anyone ever in our history.

I have never painted the republican party as stupid. I have painted this president as bullheaded, ill-informed, incurious, and wrong about his invasion of Iraq.

I firmly believe that Americans have had a dim view of politicians in general for decades, yet they keep listening to their platforms, choosing sides and voting for them. Americans don't like politicians very much but there really isn't any viable alternative to them, is there?

I get sick and tired of RSR CONTINUALLY mischaracterizing the public opinion of CONGRESS as being the public opinion of Democrats. And for that reason alone, I continue to harp on all the polls that have asked the voters to differentiate and how they all have consistently given democrats higher marks.... the little fucking weasel refuses to ever acknowledge that, regardless of how dissatisfied the public is with democrats, they are even more dissatisfied with republicans so suggesting that the public's dissatisfaction with democrats equates somehow to a tacit level of satisfaction with republicans is bullshit and if the little prick would just demonstrate that he has ANY testicular fortitude and just admit that, we could move on....

There are a great many issues in the political arena that are very well suited to political compromise. I have personally witnessed good laws being made in the chambers of the maine state legislature when well meaning, intelligent folks from both sides of the aisle come together in the middle to do the people's business. I am perfectly willing to accept political compromise on taxes, on education, on health care, on monetary policy, on defense, on crime, on abortion, on civil unions...and on and on and on.

There is only ONE issue that I am adamantly and irrevocably at odds with this administration on: the war in Iraq.

I supported Bush when he invaded Afghanistan. I volunteered to go back on active duty to help him. I am not a coward. I do not want to surrender anything to any enemy. I am a proud veteran and retiree and I do not take it lightly when someone impugns my patriotism or my courage.... and I do not sit idly by and let people continue to paint George Bush out to be some fucking savior and saint and brilliant foreign policy guru when he has single handedly fucked up this country's foreign policy more than anyone ever in our history.

First short answer: you are admitting to participating in a stupid interaction with RSR. Never mind the reasons or the positions, it's a waste of brain cells and bandwidth.

odd that I never see folks from the right call RSR on the carpet for engaging in stupid interaction.....

it would appear that there is a double standard driven by political bias.

More thoughtful response.

I never though you a coward or a surrender type of guy, I thought I'd made that clear. I respect you service in the USN or UN. I think much less of the UN than any branch of US military, but that is beside the point. I never doubted your patriotism or courage. Nor any of those that have served, honorably.

I never served, though by way of the constitution I have ever so much right as you, that has willingly put their life in jeopardy, to say when I disagree with our political leaders. That's weird about our system, we put our military on somewhat of a pedestal, but say that everyman/woman has just as much right to speak.

So, I say and have said that Iraq is our, meaning US best place of interest in ME regarding the whole ball of wax. Israel and terrorism. You can disagree, I respect that, we can argue that, but we are equals.

odd that I never see folks from the right call RSR on the carpet for engaging in stupid interaction.....

Then you have me on ignore?

obviously not. I could never ignore you. you are way to insightful for that

Look, RSR thinks he's doing right for the GOP. I not only disagree, I think he is the posterboy for making those that might be for GOP not look so good. His heart may be in the right place, but his rhetoric leaves a lot to be desired. The 'libs' and 'dems' is over the top, way too often.

Look, RSR thinks he's doing right for the GOP. I not only disagree, I think he is the posterboy for making those that might be for GOP not look so good. His heart may be in the right place, but his rhetoric leaves a lot to be desired. The 'libs' and 'dems' is over the top, way too often.

we certainly can agree on that. maybe I have missed it, but I don't recall you ever voicing that sentiment directly to him and suggesting to him that he is doing a disservice to his party and to the debate...

but I may very well have missed it, as I said.

we certainly can agree on that. maybe I have missed it, but I don't recall you ever voicing that sentiment directly to him and suggesting to him that he is doing a disservice to his party and to the debate...

You missed it, all respects intended. Not to mention pm's. But he has a right to his idea of best. In any case, you do not have to respond to the one that is the anomaly, which is what you have been actively doing most every morning and throughout the day and night.

You missed it, all respects intended. Not to mention pm's. But he has a right to his idea of best. In any case, you do not have to respond to the one that is the anomaly, which is what you have been actively doing most every morning and throughout the day and night.

mea culpa

*sounds of baby crying in background*

You did not miss it - you ignored it; as usual

let's stop the personal jabs, and talk issues, RSR.

just explain what it means when the public's approval ratings of democrats in congress is 10 points higher than their approval ratings of republicans.

Please.

Forum List

Back