Congress at 25% - Bush at 29%

MM lives in his own fantasy world where people bow before the Dems and marvel in their greatness

And you live in your own fantasy world where people bow before you and go to Iraq and die for your opinion. Let me make sure to :bowdown: as I am sure Jim Webb, Patrick Murphy and many others will do. I marvel in your wisdom, knowledge and greatness. Please VOTE for another war of choice. I wait for your holy and all-wise decision on election day motherfucker as you and your slut of a wife enter the voting booth to vote to kill more Americans based on your opinions. We all marvel in your greatness! I will consent to YOU THE INDIVIDUAL ENTERING THE VOTING BOOTH TO VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO WILL SEND MY CHILD AND LOVED ONES TO FIGHT IN A WAR OF OFFENSE AND CHOICE BECAUSE THAT IS THE RIGHT OF THE KING. Oops, I forgot you like to be called a voter when you make the decisions of a King.

I have never painted the republican party as stupid. I have painted this president as bullheaded, ill-informed, incurious, and wrong about his invasion of Iraq.

I firmly believe that Americans have had a dim view of politicians in general for decades, yet they keep listening to their platforms, choosing sides and voting for them. Americans don't like politicians very much but there really isn't any viable alternative to them, is there?

I get sick and tired of RSR CONTINUALLY mischaracterizing the public opinion of CONGRESS as being the public opinion of Democrats. And for that reason alone, I continue to harp on all the polls that have asked the voters to differentiate and how they all have consistently given democrats higher marks.... the little fucking weasel refuses to ever acknowledge that, regardless of how dissatisfied the public is with democrats, they are even more dissatisfied with republicans so suggesting that the public's dissatisfaction with democrats equates somehow to a tacit level of satisfaction with republicans is bullshit and if the little prick would just demonstrate that he has ANY testicular fortitude and just admit that, we could move on....

There are a great many issues in the political arena that are very well suited to political compromise. I have personally witnessed good laws being made in the chambers of the maine state legislature when well meaning, intelligent folks from both sides of the aisle come together in the middle to do the people's business. I am perfectly willing to accept political compromise on taxes, on education, on health care, on monetary policy, on defense, on crime, on abortion, on civil unions...and on and on and on.

There is only ONE issue that I am adamantly and irrevocably at odds with this administration on: the war in Iraq.

I supported Bush when he invaded Afghanistan. I volunteered to go back on active duty to help him. I am not a coward. I do not want to surrender anything to any enemy. I am a proud veteran and retiree and I do not take it lightly when someone impugns my patriotism or my courage.... and I do not sit idly by and let people continue to paint George Bush out to be some fucking savior and saint and brilliant foreign policy guru when he has single handedly fucked up this country's foreign policy more than anyone ever in our history.

You hit on something that holds true. There can be no compromise on the Iraq war because the Iraq war is a war of choice that results in the deaths of innocent Americans who join our military to defend this country only to find themselves fighting a war of choice based on the opinions of a segment of our population. When you get through all of this bull-shit and when you realize why the American people are upset you begin to see that the war on terrorism, and the war in Afghanistan are something people agree while the war in Iraq is something that is unacceptable under any circumstance because it is a war of choice and those wars are ALWAYS wrong because no one whether one man or many has the right to take us into a war of choice because that is what tryants and traitors do.

So, I say and have said that Iraq is our, meaning US best place of interest in ME regarding the whole ball of wax. Israel and terrorism. You can disagree, I respect that, we can argue that, but we are equals.

Let me break your argument down for you: You can disagree with me when I vote in favor of a war of choice because I think that Iraq is our best place of interest. Cindy Sheehan, being my equal has as much of a say in her son's life as do I. I am your equal and therefore I can vote to kill your loved ones and then we both can talk out of our asses and debate the issue because we are equals but your son's body in the grave means shit to me because you will shut the fuck up, debate my ass and then when I vote and your son dies you will shut the fuck up and accept MY RIGHT TO VOTE TO KILL YOUR SON BECAUSE I THINK IRAQ IS THE BEST PLACE OF INTEREST.

Does that about sum up your argument Queen Kathianne and the argument of every King and Queen who agrees with you and who votes accordingly?

we certainly can agree on that. maybe I have missed it, but I don't recall you ever voicing that sentiment directly to him and suggesting to him that he is doing a disservice to his party and to the debate...

but I may very well have missed it, as I said.

I can attest to the fact that you have done so in my case. That is that you expressed to me that you felt that my tone and manner of posting wasn't doing much good and was harmful especially in terms of CSM. Of course, you know where I stand on that. I doubt very much that Kathianne would express the same sentiment to the asshole RSR. :rofl: You should be commended for your patience and posting style since it has its place but I doubt very much that RSR or I will ever change our styles of posting since he is an idiot and I hate idiots and idiots always feel the desire to post nonsense and I am more than happy to call them idiots and to be as confrontational with these egocentric bastards who get off on the power they have over other peoples live every November.

not you too, ACM.... I am disappointed.

"congress" is not synonymous with "dems".

Congress is almost equally divided between democrats and republicans.

If you want to be buddy buddy with RSR, have fun.

If you want ME to respect you in any way, show me some brains and quit following his lead like a puppy.

So remember, if you want MM to respect you - agree with him and ignore the truth about the steep drop the Dems have taken in the polls

Democrats poll closer to 31% and not 24%. That rating is of the Congress and not of Democrats. Do you understand simple math? Republicans are dragging down the rating (i.e., Boehner at 19%) while Democrats drag up the rating of Congress (i.e., Pelosi at 34%). Consistently, Democrats poll better than Republicans and the only time they poll the same is when they are less successful against Republicans. I have no problem giving Harry Reid the same approval rating I give Republicans because he hasn't done enough fighting you bastards.

The Dem Congress's AVERAGE POLL RATING is 25%

Pres Bush's AVERAGE POLL RATING is 31.3%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

The latest poll has the Dem Congress at 24%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/archive/?poll_id=18

I would say the Dems are doing a fine job "fighting" Republicans - that is why their poll numbers stink

Keep up the good work

So remember, if you want MM to respect you - agree with him and ignore the truth about the steep drop the Dems have taken in the polls

from someone who categorically refuses to acknowledge the fact that democrats in congress consistently have polled higher than republicans in congress, that is really pretty funny. Thanks for the morning chuckle! :lol:

from someone who categorically refuses to acknowledge the fact that democrats in congress consistently have polled higher than republicans in congress, that is really pretty funny. Thanks for the morning chuckle! :lol:

Poll numbers stink for your guys much more then they do for the Republicans

Both sides are not well liked, but the Dems have fell further and faster then Republicans

Poll numbers stink for your guys much more then they do for the Republicans

Both sides are not well liked, but the Dems have fell further and faster then Republicans

that is simply not true.

republicans in congress were about 10 points lower than democrats before the last election and they are still about ten points lower than democrats.

And you never acknowledge that or even BEGIN to try to explain it.:rofl:

that is simply not true.

republicans in congress were about 10 points lower than democrats before the last election and they are still about ten points lower than democrats.

And you never acknowledge that or even BEGIN to try to explain it.:rofl:

Those pesky polls keep coming out that prove you wrong

Damn those facts!

Those pesky polls keep coming out that prove you wrong

Damn those facts!

public approval ratings:
congressional democrats versus congressional republicans:
FOX 9/06
D 39
R 34

CNN 10/06
D 42
R 36

CBS 2/07
D 54
R 41

Gallup 2/07
D 41
R 33

Harris 4/07
D 35
R 22

ABC/WP 6/07
D 44
R 36

Harris 7/07

D 31
R 21

damn those pesky facts!

AP-Ipsos - 24% for the Dem Congress:badgrin:

which as we all know is different than a poll that rates the democrats IN congress versus the republicans IN congress.

Can you explain why the republicans IN congress consistently get their asses kicked by the democrats IN congress? :eusa_dance:

which as we all know is different than a poll that rates the democrats IN congress versus the republicans IN congress.

Can you explain why the republicans IN congress consistently get their asses kicked by the democrats IN congress? :eusa_dance:

Dems drop 21 points in last two months

Republicans - no change

Say again who is doing worse?

Dems drop 21 points in last two months

Republicans - no change

Say again who is doing worse?

where do you see a poll where the congressional demcrats have dropped 21` points in the last two months and the republicans in congress have stayed the same? no such poll exists.

where do you see a poll where the congressional demcrats have dropped 21` points in the last two months and the republicans in congress have stayed the same? no such poll exists.

Looking at the poll numbers for the last two months

Forum List

Back