Congratulations President Obama

@Jroc

"Tens of millions of jobs lost under Bush? Were do you get the #? Jobs were created during the Bush administration;"

The chart of jobs created under Obama's watch is available on many websites [stats are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics]

Try this:
triple w
pensitoreview
dot com
So you might also try watching something other than FOX network. Their agenda is to just to make Obama look bad, nothing more.

"Look... Bush spent too much and Obama is spending more"
Actually, Bush spent too much *THEREFORE* Obama is spending more. Many believe this current mess may have taken us beyond the point of no return. Spending more to stimulate the failing economy is no longer a choice but a necessity.

"and millionaires never really paid 90% idiot there are always way around that with the stupid tax codes"
And, tell me, who has made every effort to block Obama's attempts to change those tax codes? Hint: their initials are GOP.

"we need a flat tax on everybody."
Well that's a start, but as you pointed out, the wealthy do not pay their fair share of taxes since they have overseas non-taxable accounts and are good at finding loopholes.
Obama has been very aggressive about getting the wealthy to pay their share. Keep the tax cuts for those making under 250K, and raise the tax rate to 38% to those making over that. Sounds reasonable to most of us getting squeezed by corporate interests.
But again, the GOP is standing in the way of tax reforms that could pay off the massive deficit. How many millions does does one really need to live comfortably? Jeez!

Actually, Bush spent too much *THEREFORE* Obama is spending more. Many believe this current mess may have taken us beyond the point of no return. Spending more to stimulate the failing economy is no longer a choice but a necessity.
Talk about being misinformed what should happen nis cut federal spending no more free hasndouts.

so, no more free handouts to CORPORATIONS?

The problem with the First Responders bill is not that it will be corrupt, as was suggested. Though you know that some of this money will line someone's pocket well for having done nothing but standing there with hand out to have ring kissed. The problem is that with this, we are setting ourselves up for many more, much farther-removed, like-minded individuals, groups, alliances, to come stand at Washington's doorstep and scratch at the door for some warm cream.

The problem is that the slippery slope again becomes government endlessly handing out billions to any and all. The latest omnibus monstrosity was shot down by mercy of enough sense slapping our Congress for a brief moment. Imagine congress is like a State University keg party. You know, that moment at the party when, even though things are getting out of hand, enough people stand up and go - "whoa, dude, seriously - that's not cool. Have fun man, but let's not break expensive shit." before going back to dancing... That's the drunken democrats and the endless giveaway machine.

@Jroc

"Tens of millions of jobs lost under Bush? Were do you get the #? Jobs were created during the Bush administration;"

The chart of jobs created under Obama's watch is available on many websites [stats are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics]

Try this:
triple w
pensitoreview
dot com
So you might also try watching something other than FOX network. Their agenda is to just to make Obama look bad, nothing more.

"Look... Bush spent too much and Obama is spending more"

"and millionaires never really paid 90% idiot there are always way around that with the stupid tax codes"
And, tell me, who has made every effort to block Obama's attempts to change those tax codes? Hint: their initials are GOP.

"we need a flat tax on everybody."
Well that's a start, but as you pointed out, the wealthy do not pay their fair share of taxes since they have overseas non-taxable accounts and are good at finding loopholes.
Obama has been very aggressive about getting the wealthy to pay their share. Keep the tax cuts for those making under 250K, and raise the tax rate to 38% to those making over that. Sounds reasonable to most of us getting squeezed by corporate interests.
But again, the GOP is standing in the way of tax reforms that could pay off the massive deficit. How many millions does does one really need to live comfortably? Jeez!

Talk about being misinformed what should happen nis cut federal spending no more free hasndouts.

so, no more free handouts to CORPORATIONS?

I agree, but at least the corpation did give back they employed people.

"In case you haven't notice those countries are having to make cuts and people are protesting."
Yes, I've noticed that. I have also noticed that everyone in those countries gets health care. Have you noticed that many here do not? Have you also noticed the rise in insurance rates? Have you noticed their profits seem to be astronomical?
I see clearly, my friend. There is a problem that needs to be addressed. The time for Single-payer has come.

"Making a profit is a companies life blood. You you work something for free?"
No one said we cannot have profits. But look at the influence those corporations have over our politicians. Those politicians work for you and me, and yet somehow we get ignored.
So if you want to defend corporate interests, that's your decision. But I believe those billions in profits could be better spent on education, clean environment, a balanced budget...

"I don't know if you're misinformed or out right lying A compay's margin of profit is 2 - 3%"
Yes, I meant to say "corporations", not companies. We both agree "companies' profits are reasonable. That's not who I am complaining about. Unfortunately, every time we try to get corporations to pay their share, the GOP defends them. Let's draw a distinction between corporations and "small businesses"

Do us a favor to make your response easier to read could you click on the quote button on the bottom right of the post you are repling to?

Have you noticed their profits seem to be astronomical?
I see clearly, my friend. There is a problem that needs to be addressed. The time for Single-payer has come.

Governments do not maintain a profit. Do you understand what the profit system is? Single payer will never work with the Constitution not here in America at least.

Healthcare and insurance reform, Wall Street reform, Food Safety Act, Credit Card Reform, START treaty, first responder healthcare bill, a profitable GM, fair pay act for women, student loan reform, the stimulus, the repeal of DADT, the end of combat in Iraq, the best stock market rise in decades, and the restoration of America's positive image in the world...all in two short years.

Now what will the Republican Congress give us they get in?

Attacks on climate scientists, stem cell research, school boards that believe in evolution, and then they will try to roll back any regulation on insurance companies, oil companies, Wall Street banks, or the wealthy.

I can hardly wait.

ussr_flag_patch_13.gif

Healthcare and insurance reform, Wall Street reform, Food Safety Act, Credit Card Reform, START treaty, first responder healthcare bill, a profitable GM, fair pay act for women, student loan reform, the stimulus, the repeal of DADT, the end of combat in Iraq, the best stock market rise in decades, and the restoration of America's positive image in the world...all in two short years.

Attacks on climate scientists, stem cell research, school boards that believe in evolution, and then they will try to roll back any regulation on insurance companies, oil companies, Wall Street banks, or the wealthy.

I can hardly wait.

ussr_flag_patch_13.gif

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWiY1i4E21k&feature=related[/ame]

"In case you haven't notice those countries are having to make cuts and people are protesting."
Yes, I've noticed that. I have also noticed that everyone in those countries gets health care. Have you noticed that many here do not? Have you also noticed the rise in insurance rates? Have you noticed their profits seem to be astronomical?

No one said we cannot have profits. But look at the influence those corporations have over our politicians. Those politicians work for you and me, and yet somehow we get ignored.
So if you want to defend corporate interests, that's your decision. But I believe those billions in profits could be better spent on education, clean environment, a balanced budget...

"I don't know if you're misinformed or out right lying A compay's margin of profit is 2 - 3%"
Yes, I meant to say "corporations", not companies. We both agree "companies' profits are reasonable. That's not who I am complaining about. Unfortunately, every time we try to get corporations to pay their share, the GOP defends them. Let's draw a distinction between corporations and "small businesses"

Do us a favor to make your response easier to read could you click on the quote button on the bottom right of the post you are repling to?

Single payer will never work with the Constitution not here in America at least

then how did Medicare come in to effect, and what is the difference of the single payer Medicare and a health care single payer program that would make it unconstitutional and not Medicare?

then how did Medicare come in to effect, and what is the difference of the single payer Medicare and a health care single payer program that would make it unconstitutional and not Medicare?

Medicare is not a government madated program. The government does not tell people they must have medicare.

I can hardly wait.

A true comedy of errors.

Medicare is not a government madated program. The government does not tell people they must have medicare.
You would be wrong. It is a requirement. Suggest you look further into it. Everyday you age you get closer to the requirement.

You would be wrong. It is a requirement. Suggest you look further into it. Everyday you age you get closer to the requirement.

Since when does the federal government force people to go on medicare? There fore its not a government mandated program. Its a government sponcered program but not a mandated one.

Since when does the federal government force people to go on medicare? There fore its not a government mandated program. Its a government sponcered program but not a mandated one.

Medicare - Why Am I Being Forced Into Medicare At Age 65?

Medicare - Why Am I Being Forced Into Medicare At Age 65?

Every American aged 65 or older is eligible for Medicare. Those who receive Social Security benefits are automatically enrolled in Medicare. There is no way to opt out. Either you enroll in Medicare Part A, or you forfeit your Social Security benefits.
You still have a choice

He only has a vision and it only works when everyone pitches in.
The catalyst for change is here. Either get on the boat, or get the hell out of the way!

He only has a vision and it only works when everyone pitches in.

AND if you just dont happen to like his VISION?.....

The catalyst for change is here. Either get on the boat, or get the hell out of the way!

what a joke.....if more than half the Country does not care for his Change.....they are not going to get out of his way.....trouble with you Earthling....your the kind of person who just jumps on the boat because the "Leader" tells you too.....well if you are.....BON VOYAGE.....have a nice trip....

I can hardly wait.

Healthcare and insurance reform..... no one in government knows what's in it

Wall Street reform...... Who cares?

Food Safety Act..... my food tastes the same today as 2 yrs ago

Credit Card Reform........... This one I liked.

START treaty........... If Russia liked it,probably bad for us.

first responder healthcare bill....... Would have passed sooner,Dems had stuff
in there like huge fees for attorneys.
Republicans wanted more of the money to go to
the first responders not the Doctors and lawyers.

the stimulus......, You mean the Joke....If they gave every American
who filed a tax return a year earlier,then gave that
person a tax free check for $100,000.00 it would
have been cheaper and would have accomplished
a lot more.

:lol::lol::lol:

Are you aware that would cost about 9 TRillion dollars?

Forum List

Back