Congratulations President Obama

Is relentless poverty for two years straight, with no end in sight, an accomplishment?

Maybe you could detail what YOU would have done differently to restore the tens of millions of jobs lost during the eight years previous to Obamas administration. That is something I never see the NeoGOPers spell out. I know what Ike would have done but you johnnie come lately christian fundamentalist fuckwits never seem to offer up a better scenario...other than giving MORE money to those that need it the least. You probably weren't around when we enjoyed our greatest prosperity and the millionaires paid 90% on the money they made from the wealth they enjoyed. That was before the constant fear mongering and the lying that is all you asswhipes that stole my party are capable of.

Something you idiots never seem to get is by extracting the money supply from those that would use it to invent, innovate, produce, manufacture and support their local communities economies and allowing the super rich to invest in speculative markets with that money supply you have destroyed our economy and the future of our country. Thanks.:clap2:

You are describing the Democrats, the Democrats are as tied into Wall Street as the Republicans.

Its actually people like you that are the problem, not the politicians, your to busy pointing your finger through bigoted eyes to point the finger at yourself and those you defend.

Healthcare and insurance reform, Wall Street reform, Food Safety Act, Credit Card Reform, START treaty, first responder healthcare bill, a profitable GM, fair pay act for women, student loan reform, the stimulus, the repeal of DADT, the end of combat in Iraq, the best stock market rise in decades, and the restoration of America's positive image in the world...all in two short years.

Now what will the Republican Congress give us they get in?

Attacks on climate scientists, stem cell research, school boards that believe in evolution, and then they will try to roll back any regulation on insurance companies, oil companies, Wall Street banks, or the wealthy.

I can hardly wait.

Quite a year of legislative accomplishments for the President

Looks like the Republicans will have to start impeachment proceedings in the next session

It is their only hope

One thing Republicans OR Democrats will never do is prosecute the investor class for stock and control fraud.

Had Ralph Nader or the Libertarian version of Ron Paul moved into the White House in 2009 we could have seen hundreds of bankers prosecuted and jailed. This happened after the S&L debacle of the 80s, and it's a good metric for just how much power the FIRE (Finance, Insurance, Real Estate) sector has gained in the last 20 years.

Limiting your vote to Republican OR Democrat won't change this dynamic. If enough of us vote AGAINST Republicans AND Democrats in 2012, that will Change Everything.

Healthcare and insurance reform, Wall Street reform, Food Safety Act, Credit Card Reform, START treaty, first responder healthcare bill, a profitable GM, fair pay act for women, student loan reform, the stimulus, the repeal of DADT, the end of combat in Iraq, the best stock market rise in decades, and the restoration of America's positive image in the world...all in two short years.

Attacks on climate scientists, stem cell research, school boards that believe in evolution, and then they will try to roll back any regulation on insurance companies, oil companies, Wall Street banks, or the wealthy.

I can hardly wait.

Yes, Obama has done more damage to the Constitution since FDR & LBJ it will take a generation to undo.

Worth repeating!
During former-Pres. George W. Bush’s tenure, 575 U.S. troops were killed in Afghanistan.

Since President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, 580 U.S. troops have perished there (as of August 19).

In just 19 months, the Afghan war under Obama has claimed more U.S. lives than the previous administration’s entire 88-month quagmire.

Thanks!
ROTFLMAO.gif

That's funny?

Is relentless poverty for two years straight, with no end in sight, an accomplishment?

Maybe you could detail what YOU would have done differently to restore the tens of millions of jobs lost during the eight years previous to Obamas administration. That is something I never see the NeoGOPers spell out. I know what Ike would have done but you johnnie come lately christian fundamentalist fuckwits never seem to offer up a better scenario...other than giving MORE money to those that need it the least. You probably weren't around when we enjoyed our greatest prosperity and the millionaires paid 90% on the money they made from the wealth they enjoyed. That was before the constant fear mongering and the lying that is all you asswhipes that stole my party are capable of.

Something you idiots never seem to get is by extracting the money supply from those that would use it to invent, innovate, produce, manufacture and support their local communities economies and allowing the super rich to invest in speculative markets with that money supply you have destroyed our economy and the future of our country. Thanks.:clap2:

You are describing the Democrats, the Democrats are as tied into Wall Street as the Republicans.

Its actually people like you that are the problem, not the politicians, your to busy pointing your finger through bigoted eyes to point the finger at yourself and those you defend.

You are an idiot. I was defending no one. I was putting the blame for our economy where it belongs.....on MY own party.

Did the Patriot Act damage the Constitution?

No, but Obama's mis-use of the Patriot Act has.

Obama Signs One-Year Extension of Patriot Act - FoxNews.com

President Obama Signs One-Year Extension of Patriot Act
Published February 27, 2010 AP

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama has signed a one-year extension of several provisions in the nation's main counterterrorism law, the Patriot Act.

First the Democrats inaction inadvertently increases the AUTHORITY of the government over citizens rights.

The Senate also approved the measure, with privacy protections cast aside when Senate Democrats lacked the necessary 60-vote supermajority to pass them. Thrown away were restrictions and greater scrutiny on the government's authority to spy on Americans and seize their records.

Take note, the story is biased, Democrats had full control of Congress, the Democrats could of changed everything in the Patriot Act and got it through just like they did with healthcare, yet the Democrats claim they did not have the super majority needed, so why not just pass it as law, as they wanted, when they did not have the votes to pass healthcare through the senate.

Take note, the story is biased, Democrats had full control of Congress, the Democrats could of changed everything in the Patriot Act and got it through just like they did with healthcare, yet the Democrats claim they did not have the super majority needed, so why not just pass it as law, as they wanted, when they did not have the votes to pass healthcare through the senate.

Just a note about numbers. When the Senate passed the health care bill on December 24, 2009, they had a supermajority (and, indeed, it passed with 60 votes). When the bill you're talking about passed by voice vote on February 24, 2010, the Dems did not have a supermajority.

President Obama Signs One-Year Extension of Patriot Act
Published February 27, 2010 AP

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama has signed a one-year extension of several provisions in the nation's main counterterrorism law, the Patriot Act.

First the Democrats inaction inadvertently increases the AUTHORITY of the government over citizens rights.

The Senate also approved the measure, with privacy protections cast aside when Senate Democrats lacked the necessary 60-vote supermajority to pass them. Thrown away were restrictions and greater scrutiny on the government's authority to spy on Americans and seize their records.

Obama didn't have the same political capital Bush had with his 50%+1 game plan.

The DLC and Joe Lieberman(Obama's Senate mentor) have the same class allegiances that rich Republicans possess.

While I haven't seen any personal effects of the Patriot Act yet, there is a shit storm coming unlike anything most of us have ever seen. (Think back to the week following 911)

Those are the times when the Patriot Act will likely impact all of us on a daily basis, and I still believe Republicans AND Democrats will share equally in the blame.

You are an idiot. I was defending no one. I was putting the blame for our economy where it belongs.....on MY own party.

I am an idiot many times, this may be one, if I read your post wrong sorry, my response is how I read what you wrote, I place blame on both parties with a whole lot of help from corporations, lawyers, bureaucrats, lobbyist.

I see a few Conservatives that have alternate ideas and plans so I took a bit of offense to the idea nobody has offered solutions.

I was also troubled by what I perceived as thinking the rich only invest in Wall Street, or for that matter that what people do with their money should concern others. Many things on Wall Street actually benefit the people. It seemed to me you stereotyped all the rich and all of Wall Street in a bit of an extreme negative stereotype.

I could quote specific points I thought you made and what I was responding to.

Either way if I am wrong about your post I accept that, what I write though still stands true of others if not of you, sometimes a post stirs things I see and experience.

Obama didn't have the same political capital Bush had with his 50%+1 game plan.

The DLC and Joe Lieberman(Obama's Senate mentor) have the same class allegiances that rich Republicans possess.

While I haven't seen any personal effects of the Patriot Act yet, there is a shit storm coming unlike anything most of us have ever seen. (Think back to the week following 911)

Those are the times when the Patriot Act will likely impact all of us on a daily basis, and I still believe Republicans AND Democrats will share equally in the blame.

Well, I hate to say I can debate the future, nothing to me indicates what you state is incorrect. I am not happy with Republicans or Democrats, in my lifetime I have yet to see a leader that inspires me, I have yet to see what this country should be. That is the blame of both Republicans and Democrats.

The GOP has always been about turning back the clock of progress. They will probably start pushing school boards to teach that the earth is flat, that global warming is only a liberal conspiracy, that God is against stem cell research, force gays back into the closet and that health insurance companies really do only care about you. :lol:

no that is the Far Right Christian Conservatives dumbass....take your head out of Deans ass....

Why should Americans accept permanent poverty in exchange for losing representative government, for the promises of a regime that has accomplished nothing?

Permanent poverty?

Hardly.

The economy is growing and will continue to grow over the next couple of years.

Bush drove us into a huge ditch by no oversight of Wall Street and two unfunded wars.

why am i delivering MORE unemployment checks every week instead of less?......why have there been 3 more people this month getting foreclosed?.....i thought things are getting better?......

Quite a year of legislative accomplishments for the President

Looks like the Republicans will have to start impeachment proceedings in the next session

It is their only hope

is it because of Obama Rw?.....or just maybe a bunch of people in Congress took note of what is going on out there and decided if..."we want to keep our jobs,we had better start working together and get something done.....or next time...we are out"....

I can hardly wait.

The GOP has always been about turning back the clock of progress. They will probably start pushing school boards to teach that the earth is flat, that global warming is only a liberal conspiracy, that God is against stem cell research, force gays back into the closet and that health insurance companies really do only care about you. :lol:

According to you the GOP the party of lincoln was for slavery. Way to rewrite history

Forum List

Back