Confederate constitution legalized slavery

Article IV - The States
Section 3

Clause 1:

New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

Clause 2:

The Congress shall have Power

to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.
Clause I,
This does not address secession, as no new State was erected, within the jurisdiction of a State, unless you refer to YOUR U.S. Erection of West Virginia.
Once the States seceded, they were no longer party to YOUR U.S. CONstitution, and had any one of them decided after their legal secession decided to erect a new State within the jurisdiction of another they would be free to do as they choose. However such did not occur.
As for clause II...,
A State is NOT a territory, nothing outside the ten miles square of DC was under the jurisdiction of the "federal government", aside from armories, dock yards, forts, and other needful buildings .
YOUR own SCOTUS rendered several opinions in regard to this, one of many being pollards lesses v Hagan, which stated that once a territory becomes or is formed into a State with its own government, the U.S. Has no municipal jurisdiction within a State, such would be repugnant to the CONstitution.
There are several other such SCOTUS opinions in this regard prior to the YANKEE rebellion.
Your citation does not apply as you wish, YOUR ownSCOTUS has stated such.
States were territories before they were accepted as states. They also fall under "other property belonging to the United States."

Sucks to be you.
None of you Yankees know what you are talking about.....

A lot of traitorous confederate scum said shit like that right up until a certain afternoon at Appomattox Court House.

Keep choking on that bile, wannabe idiot.

The truth backed by facts...

You wouldn't know either if they picked you up and drove your ignorant head through the sidewalk, fool.
You are such a fool.
You have no idea about any of this. Do you really think I care about the heritage BS?
My support of OUR Confederacy has nothing to do with some grand desire to defend my ancestors.
This is why YOU and so many other ignorant Yankees have fallen victim in these type discussions, YOU all assume to much, and none of you can defeat the legal argument, because you are all undereducated pseudo intellectuals, who debate using childish emotion rather than simple logic. This childish emotional lashing out forces you to deny logic and facts presented, even when the facts are irrefutable. It's akin to standing in the rain and so emotionally pathetic are you Yankees that you would drown rather than admit it is raining, when the fact that you are drowning is irrefutable.
I know the truth, I present the truth backed by fact and citation, yet you Yankees are so guided by emotion that you make fools of yourselves and deny it just as you would while drowning in the rain that you insist doesn't exist.
I really hate it for you that you have become so embarrassed that you are unable to let go, but I cannot save you from drowning in your emotional ignorance, I can only tell you that it is raining.
You cannot defeat our legal case by screaming slavery, by insulting the dead, or claiming victory while drowning in the wetness of your own emotional ignorance.

You Yankees need to educate yourselves....

You never did tell us about any formal education you haven't had on any of the subjects raised here.
You never did answer my questions, which clearly shows that my education on these subjects far exceed yours.
You do realize that there is no such thing as a formal education: Right?
What you are attempting to ask is where I received my education. But yet again, you are unable to even pose a proper question because of your ignorance..

You do realize that there is no such thing as a formal education: Right?....

Which likely means you dropped out of high school, and are trying to convince yourself that acting like a fool on the internet passes for an education.

You do realize that there is no such thing as a formal education: Right?....

Which likely means you dropped out of high school, and are trying to convince yourself that acting like a fool on the internet passes for an education.
It is amusing that you are now lashing out and attempting to divert your lack of education.
Allow me to fill you in.....
I am a totally self-educated man. Though my childhood education has been very limited, I learned much from books.
It was hard to find a good teacher, most focused on U.S. indoctrination, and good schools are rare.
When I did finally find a good school, I was happy to walk the four long miles to school and always arrived at school early.
I received most of my education from the books I read. As I grew up, I became fascinated with books. I loved to read every minute of my spare time. When I went out to plow a field, I put a book under my shirt and read at the end of rows when the horses were resting.
My childhood education was poor, but that did not matter. With determination and my love for reading, I became one of the greatest presidents of all time. When I was young I stood in doorways and on tree stumps and imitated speakers. I had no idea that someday I would be speaking to not only a country, but the world.
It was always amusing to me that idiots would ask me about my "formal education" and make statements such as ,.....
"Which likely means you dropped out of high school, and are trying to convince yourself that acting like a fool on the internet passes for an education."
I have become known as "Honest James".

And the fool continues to reveal himself more and more... ^^^

...and he thinks he's being 'clever' about it... :lmao:

Anyone reading this thread can see for themselves...
Yes, anyone who reads this thread MAY see for themselves, who is far and above in education than the other.
You have been way above your education in this discussion and such is evident. But the fact is not simply that I have shewn you for a fool, but rather that what I have posted is truth and exposes the indoctrination that you and all other Yankees have suffered.
Please, PLEASE, before any YANKEE attempts to contradict me on these matters, EDUCATE YOURSELVES, Indoctrination is NOT education!!!

Oh lil fellow, I was being clever.
I have just shewn that YOU are attempting to divert from the FACT that your education on the subject at hand is base at best, and you worship a man who's "formal education" as you ignorantly stated it, was not that of his counterpart in OUR Confederate government.
I have simply shewn you yet again for the fool that YOU are, and it was damn clever!

So Raving starts a thread to point out how White Southern Democrats made slavery legal.

The honesty is quite surprising, and refreshing!

So Raving starts a thread to point out how White Southern Democrats made slavery legal.

The honesty is quite surprising, and refreshing!
Ravi,
Is just another Yankee pseudo intellectual with base intellect. Just another victim of U.S. Indoctrination. These victims are easily exploited to expose the truth that has been hidden for far to long.

I was being clever.....

Swing and a miss, clown.
No, just another one knocked out of the park, and above your intellect.

Your painfully obvious insecurity is a cry for help. Cry somewhere else, because I don't give a shit, you uneducated buffoon.

Forum List

Back