Condoleeza Schools Liberal College Boy About "Torture"

Those two guys, especially the first one, remind me so much of some of the people here.

3,000 people died. Justice department gave clearance.

It was not torture.

You can't go back five years and say the law was wrong then and prosecute.

Those two guys, especially the first one, remind me so much of some of the people here.

It was not torture.

Well honey you just sit back and watch the DUmocrats do it.

I love that woman,, see how patient she was? didn't shout him down or talk over him... that's a remarkable difference in the way the left operates.

It was not torture.

Well honey you just sit back and watch the DUmocrats do it.

I love that woman,, see how patient she was? didn't shout him down or talk over him... that's a remarkable difference in the way the left operates.

I love her too. :cool:

I loved the last little stab at the first guy..when she told him "Do your homework first." Then shot him a look and said "Supreme Court."

Love it.

I do not support water boarding in all cases but I believe we should use it if needed.

Which is why it's called "enhanced."

Use it as a last resort - when information is needed because there are indication of an imminent attack.

She is very articulate, no doubt. Incredibly intelligent woman (and a darn fine pianist).

But she's biased in favor of herself. She doesn't want to go to prison.

Besides, she talks about saving another three thousand lives. Why didn't Bush prevent the first three thousand?

They had plenty of warning.

She is very articulate, no doubt. Incredibly intelligent woman (and a darn fine pianist).

Besides, she talks about saving another three thousand lives. Why didn't Bush prevent the first three thousand?

Explain how, within the Constitution, 9/11 could have been preented using the laws in place at that time.

shes biased in the favor of the truth
of course a moron like YOU would never understand that
and if you think she would ever face prison you are an even bigger moron

Wrong, the fucking clueless pair of clownshoes asking her the questions is biased in favor of his weak ass position ........

shes biased in the favor of the truth
of course a moron like YOU would never understand that
and if you think she would ever face prison you are an even bigger moron
You know the drill. When they don’t like the message, they shoot the messenger. W himself could have made that case, perhaps not as eloquently as Rice, nevertheless they'd still want his head.

Sometimes I have a difficult time keeping a civil tongue (hand? keyboard?) when faced with the pointless ad-hominim attacks half of this board seems so fond of, but since I don't want to add to that, I'll do my best.

The "You had to be there, you have no idea what pressure was on us" defense has been used before, and indeed is often the last refuge of an authority figure who has overstepped the bounds of their authority. Perhaps there's even some validity to it. But what it in the end argues is that no decision made by an authority figure during a crisis can ever be critisized, no matter how improper or incorrect.

She further degenerates into stating some irrelevant fact about guantanamo being considered a normal minimum security prison, as if that means anything. She tries to attack the young man's credibility by pointing out bits of information of which he was not aware. The young men were clearly underinformed, but that does nothing to strengthen her position.

The "trials" that the military commissions act attempted to put through were sham trials, which allowed information gathered with the use of "coercive" methods, such as long periods of sleep depravation in stress positions naked for over a week, as evidence. A person in that state might confess to anything to make that treatment end, and that confession could be used to put them to death.

"Maybe before you make allegations about Guantanamo Bay you should read".

[youtube]i6b_MaBNrmY&e[/youtube]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Actually, Ms. Rice pulled a "Nixon"...stating, in essence, that if the President does it, it's legal.

Q: Is waterboarding torture?

RICE: The president instructed us that nothing we would do would be outside of our obligations, legal obligations under the Convention Against Torture. So that’s — And by the way, I didn’t authorize anything. I conveyed the authorization of the administration to the agency, that they had policy authorization, subject to the Justice Department’s clearance. That’s what I did.

Q: Okay. Is waterboarding torture in your opinion?

RICE: I just said, the United States was told, we were told, nothing that violates our obligations under the Convention Against Torture. And so by definition, if it was authorized by the president, it did not violate our obligations under the Convention Against Torture.

What was that Nixon answer to David Frost...? Oh, yeah..."When the president does it, that means it is not illegal." - Richard Nixon, May 1977.

Oh, and Condi also implicated Bush in authorizing the use of torture. In trying to cover her own ass, she inadvertently threw Dubbyuh's ass under the bus.

Sometimes I have a difficult time keeping a civil tongue (hand? keyboard?) when faced with the pointless ad-hominim attacks half of this board seems so fond of, but since I don't want to add to that, I'll do my best.

The "You had to be there, you have no idea what pressure was on us" defense has been used before, and indeed is often the last refuge of an authority figure who has overstepped the bounds of their authority. Perhaps there's even some validity to it. But what it in the end argues is that no decision made by an authority figure during a crisis can ever be critisized, no matter how improper or incorrect.

She further degenerates into stating some irrelevant fact about guantanamo being considered a normal minimum security prison, as if that means anything. She tries to attack the young man's credibility by pointing out bits of information of which he was not aware. The young men were clearly underinformed, but that does nothing to strengthen her position.

The "trials" that the military commissions act attempted to put through were sham trials, which allowed information gathered with the use of "coercive" methods, such as long periods of sleep depravation in stress positions naked for over a week, as evidence. A person in that state might confess to anything to make that treatment end, and that confession could be used to put them to death.

Well let me explain to you with all the civillity I can muster.. You are full of shit.

Forum List

Back