Condoleeza Schools Liberal College Boy About "Torture"

Sometimes I have a difficult time keeping a civil tongue (hand? keyboard?) when faced with the pointless ad-hominim attacks half of this board seems so fond of, but since I don't want to add to that, I'll do my best.

The "You had to be there, you have no idea what pressure was on us" defense has been used before, and indeed is often the last refuge of an authority figure who has overstepped the bounds of their authority. Perhaps there's even some validity to it. But what it in the end argues is that no decision made by an authority figure during a crisis can ever be critisized, no matter how improper or incorrect.

She further degenerates into stating some irrelevant fact about guantanamo being considered a normal minimum security prison, as if that means anything. She tries to attack the young man's credibility by pointing out bits of information of which he was not aware. The young men were clearly underinformed, but that does nothing to strengthen her position.

The "trials" that the military commissions act attempted to put through were sham trials, which allowed information gathered with the use of "coercive" methods, such as long periods of sleep depravation in stress positions naked for over a week, as evidence. A person in that state might confess to anything to make that treatment end, and that confession could be used to put them to death.

"You had to be there, you have no idea what pressure was on us"

How quickly (conveniently?) you forget. The country was in shock. We demanded assurance that 9/11 would not recur AND retaliation for the terrorist attacks. Congress, including the Loon brigade, were not only willing participants on those issues, they were advocates of them. The GW administration gave us both.

Exactly what bounds of authority did the administration overstep? If you’re going to critique what the SoS said by bring talking points into your argument, how about elaborating on the exact laws that were violated.

She further degenerates into stating some irrelevant fact about guantanamo being considered a normal minimum security prison, as if that means anything.

Guantanamo was a minimum security prison, wasn’t it? In a high security prison the prisoners would have been locked-down 23 hours a day and had minimal or no contact with other prisoners. I’m no authority on this but I recall seeing numerous pictures over the years of those guys socializing in the prison yard.

She tries to attack the young man's credibility by pointing out bits of information of which he was not aware. The young men were clearly underinformed, but that does nothing to strengthen her position.

Jr. (the school boy), continually attacked her with Loon rhetoric and she responded. She made an observation that was correct. You make that same observation in the following sentence of your post. So much for those high standards you blathered about in your opening comment.

The "trials" that the military commissions act attempted to put through were sham trials, which allowed information gathered with the use of "coercive" methods, such as long periods of sleep depravation in stress positions naked for over a week, as evidence.

Finally, you get around to the real point of your attack on Rice.

However, you overlook the fact that the Bush administration used FDR’s “military commission”, established in 1942 to try 8 German terrorists for attempting to blow-up US assets, as his model. Say, didn’t we hang or electrocute those guys?

As to your talking point that information was gathered form the terrorists using what the Bush admin termed "advanced interrogation techniques", I think you've gotten all the mileage you're going to get out of that mule, because nobody’s denying it. The only question that remains is: Was it legal. Rice stated in that video that she believes it was. The onus is on your kind to prove that it wasn’t.

I'm not a fan of using torture to extract information from terrorists, but I'm even less a fan of watching American people jump to their death from the 80th floor of burning buildings that terrorists just smashed commercial jetliners into or Americans having to seal their own fate by attacking terrorists who would have otherwise smashed another commercial flight into yet another building in their effort to kill as many Americans as possible. When I compare the atrocities the terrorists committed to the what the Bush admin did, the scale weighs in on the side of the GW administration.

Perhaps we should give them a simple choice in the future: "Talk, or I kill ya", or how about "Torture or death, you decide"?

Last edited:
:lol:

I wish Condi would run for President. Unlike Hillary, she's a real woman and unlike Obama, she's a real African-American (he's just 6%, you know).

Just remember--if she can not defend the actions of "Humane Enhanced Interrogation Techniques", then her ass is hanging.

:lol:

I wish Condi would run for President. Unlike Hillary, she's a real woman and unlike Obama, she's a real African-American (he's just 6%, you know).

Would it bother you if it turns out that Condi is gay and a fomrer Black panther??

Just remember--if she can not defend the actions of "Humane Enhanced Interrogation Techniques", then her ass is hanging.

if her ass hangs then the previous pres gets his ass in a sling for rendition.....torture by proxy is still torture.....goodbye mr clinton and mr gore.....

"Maybe before you make allegations about Guantanamo Bay you should read".

[youtube]i6b_MaBNrmY&e[/youtube]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you so much for posting this video.

One of the most cogent and on-point explanations of the fundamental mission of the post 9-11 world the previous administration found itself in.

Secretary Rice is so very right - it is far better we are having these rather nonsensical and politically motivated posturings over what is and is not torture vs a debate over how and why thousands more Americans citizens died due to another terrorist attack following September 11.

She is a remarkable woman that deserves far more recognition - one of the finest examples of what Black Americans can strive for in a country that allows no limitations on those willing to combine simple hard work and principle.

Thank you again for this post.

:clap2:

The left in this country again shows it's ignorance. This liberal student could not even answer her direct questions--while referring to WW2 to an enemy that will do anything--including blowing up their own kids--to slaughter Americans. Condi was right--they weren't there--& they still do not understand what terrorists are capable of--even after fighting them for the last several years.

THE ULTIMATE LIBERAL DENIAL--If one of these superior brains had a family member that was captured by a terrorist organization--due to be beheaded within a few hours, & the CIA had caught one of them, that was NOT talking--THEY WOULD HAVE Barack Obama & Eric Holder's number on SPEED dial BEGGING them to waterboard this terrorist, in order to save their family members life.

Last edited:
The left in this country again shows it's ignorance. This liberal student could not even answer her direct questions--while referring to WW2 to an enemy that will do anything--including blowing up their own kids--to slaughter Americans. Condi was right--they weren't there--& they still do not understand what terrorists are capable of--even after fighting them for the last several years.

THE ULTIMATE LIBERAL DENIAL--If one of these superior brains had a family member that was captured by a terrorist organization--due to be beheaded within a few hours, & the CIA had caught one of them, that was NOT talking--THEY WOULD HAVE Barack Obama & Eric Holder's number on SPEED dial BEGGING them to waterboard this terrorist, in order to save their family members life.

Exactly.

One's liberal views are so often views of convenience.

I know this all too well...

Would it bother you if it turns out that Condi is gay and a fomrer Black panther??

You mean if she was a Democrat?

Good point

Would you vote for Rice if she was a dem??
i likely wouldnt vote for her as a republican
depending on WHO the dems put up against her
and it would also depend on what the job was she was running for
say the senate, i would be more likely than not, to vote for her over Olympia Snowe

Just remember this--you have to make an idea PUBLIC before you can make it DOMESTIC POLICY acceptable by the PUBLIC!!

Change "Terrorists" to "Violent American citizen" and you have a domestic policy. Remember--what would you do if an American tried to kill Thousands--no millions of his/her fellow citizens?

Let us not forget that the proof is held by the very Government that wish to oppress said citizenry!!

She doesn't have to 'defend' anything.

Don't any of you understand the law?

You can't create a law today and retroactivily try someone for violating it in the past.

The worst that can be done to her is brow beatings and bitching and whining.

Leagally, nothing.

If Holder does try it, such cases would would be thrown out as unconstitutional, so spare us about her having to 'defend her ass.'

"Maybe before you make allegations about Guantanamo Bay you should read".

[youtube]i6b_MaBNrmY&e[/youtube]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I just love it when people who "think they know stuff" just because they've watched a few news items on Fox or MSNBC, or read a few left or right leaning blogs, think they can hold a candle to a professional politician in a one on one debate.

Without the internet to hand, most people couldn't argue their way out of a paper bag.

Within half an hour, that kid will have Googled a dozen different illustrations of why she is wrong. But I'll bet he doesn't spend a minute researching the illustrations to find out whether they stand up to scrutiny.

I just love it when people who "think they know stuff" just because they've watched a few news items on Fox or MSNBC, or read a few left or right leaning blogs, think they can hold a candle to a professional politician in a one on one debate.

Without the internet to hand, most people couldn't argue their way out of a paper bag.

Within half an hour, that kid will have Googled a dozen different illustrations of why she is wrong. But I'll bet he doesn't spend a minute researching the illustrations to find out whether they stand up to scrutiny.

I only watched the first couple of minutes of the clip, but even though I disagree with the torture of prisoners, I think she did a good job of explaining her/their position. I also respect the fact that she gave him a chance to ask the questions he did.

The guy is obviously not a professional. I don't think he should be ridiculed for asking questions even if his point of view is wrong. What I wouldn't give for a few minutes to sit down with someone like Barack Obama, whom I disagree with and simply ask a few questions. I think doing so, might give me a whole new impression of the man as I would think maybe this person got of Condelezza Rice.

Immie

I love that woman,, see how patient she was? didn't shout him down or talk over him... that's a remarkable difference in the way the left operates.

well, it's easy to be patient when one doesn't have to deal with someone as stupid as you are.

:eusa_whistle:

oh...and it IS torture. that's why we prosecuted the Japanese for doing it. :cuckoo:

Exactly.

One's liberal views are so often views of convenience.

I know this all too well...

Yep! you got that right. often they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.. the one's I've seen anywhoo! :eusa_whistle:

I love that woman,, see how patient she was? didn't shout him down or talk over him... that's a remarkable difference in the way the left operates.

well, it's easy to be patient when one doesn't have to deal with someone as stupid as you are.

oh...and it IS torture. that's why we prosecuted the Japanese for doing it. :cuckoo:
and those japanese were prosecuted for NUMEROUS other things as well
not just waterboarding, and the style of waterboarding they used was VASTLY different

and those japanese were prosecuted for NUMEROUS other things as well
not just waterboarding, and the style of waterboarding they used was VASTLY different

the left have had this pointed out to them a numbers of times.. you'll get bruises beating your head on that stoopit brick wall.

Forum List

Back