Concord PD Requests a BEARCAT to Deal With “Domestic Terrorists”

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The Concord (NH) PD has applied for a Lenco BEARCAT, according to the Union Leader, the application states “Groups such as the Sovereign Citizens, Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire are active and present daily challenges,” in addition to organized groups, it cited “several homegrown clusters that are anti-government and pose problems for law enforcement agencies.”

The NHCLU Executive Director Devon Chaffee said, “It’s far from clear to us why an armored vehicle would be necessary to address what are generally, by and large, non-violent movements that in fact provide little or no threat to the security of our state.”

Concord PD Requests a BEARCAT to Deal With ?Domestic Terrorists?, Including Free Staters and Occupy New Hampshire? - Free Keene

In other words, the Concord Police Department needs an armored military vehicle to protect them from non-violent "domestic terrorist" organizations like the Free State Project.

From the Free State Project's website:

The Free State Project is an effort to recruit 20,000 liberty-loving people to move to New Hampshire. We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from any and all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors, who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else.

A New Strategy for Liberty in Our Lifetime | Free State Project

I don't know about you, but they sound mighty dangerous to me.

This is the kind of stupid pig bullshit that I've been preaching to you about. Of all states, I can't believe anyone in NH would have approved this intentional militarization of the jackbooted goon police forces in this country.

This is the kind of stupid pig bullshit that I've been preaching to you about. Of all states, I can't believe anyone in NH would have approved this intentional militarization of the jackbooted goon police forces in this country.

Well they're being challenged on it at least, but New Hampshire isn't immune from power hungry cops and government officials.

Well they're being challenged on it at least, but New Hampshire isn't immune from power hungry cops and government officials.

No place is. The state I live in had the dubious distinction of having one of the first drone programs in the state Crapitol and then they crashed their expensive toy to pieces. WIN!

No place is. The state I live in had the dubious distinction of having one of the first drone programs in the state Crapitol and then they crashed their expensive toy to pieces. WIN!

The only good thing about the State is that its officials are basically inept.

Forum List

Back