Concealed carry for 50 years, then he holds suspect for police, no shots fired...police thank him.

Anti-gun loons hate the fact that private citizens, armed with firearms, are able to defend themselves and their property.
Actually they hate the fact that so many people are killed by things most people no longer need.

Except for the people who need them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered....you know...except for those people...

And considering that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack, according to bill clinton and barak obama....that is a lot of guns needed by a lot of people....
Save the dogma. No one has any good numbers, and it's nothing like much nor did most who pulled a gun actually need to, they just thought they did. Oh, big scary guy was walking towards me so I pulled a gun and he (wisely) ran away. He must have been planning on _______ing me, or walking to the store for chips and beer.

And talking out of you ass does not make you a knowledgeable person.....you have no clue what you are talking about. There is 40 years of actual research on the subject.......
40 years of research and no one has anything like a valid number. That's because it's fucking nonsense, in most cases.

No one needs a number, valid or invalid, nor the approval of people with your opinion on the matter. There is a right to firearms, and the right of law abiding citizens to carry them.

So long as the amendment is law, anything you people say or do in opposition to it could not be more irrelevant.

Anti-gun loons hate the fact that private citizens, armed with firearms, are able to defend themselves and their property.
Actually they hate the fact that so many people are killed by things most people no longer need.

Except for the people who need them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered....you know...except for those people...

And considering that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack, according to bill clinton and barak obama....that is a lot of guns needed by a lot of people....
Save the dogma. No one has any good numbers, and it's nothing like much nor did most who pulled a gun actually need to, they just thought they did. Oh, big scary guy was walking towards me so I pulled a gun and he (wisely) ran away. He must have been planning on _______ing me, or walking to the store for chips and beer.

And talking out of you ass does not make you a knowledgeable person.....you have no clue what you are talking about. There is 40 years of actual research on the subject.......
40 years of research and no one has anything like a valid number. That's because it's fucking nonsense, in most cases.

Nope.....40 years of research puts the number on average at about 1.5 million.....if you average the number of all the studies that are non military and non police self defense shootings..........

40 years of actually studying the issue by both government and private researchers.....many of them anti gun researchers trying to aid gun control......and 1.5 million.....

Here you go...the average of the 16 studies that don't include police or military...2 million...

I just averaged the studies......which were conducted by different researchers, from both private and public researchers, over a period of 40 years looking specifically at guns and self defense....the name of the researcher is first, then the year then the number of times they determined guns were used for self defense......notice how many of them there are and how many of them were done by gun grabbers like the clinton Justice Dept. and the obama CDC

And these aren't all of the studies either...there are more...and they support the ones below.....

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....
GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--
------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops, military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

No one needs a number, valid or invalid, nor the approval of people with your opinion on the matter. There is a right to firearms, and the right of law abiding citizens to carry them.

So long as the amendment is law, anything you people say or do in opposition to it could not be more irrelevant.
So, what are you so worried about then?

Because totalitarians never give up....you guys will never stop trying to disarm people....

I'm not worried about anything. As far as I'm concerned the war is over. We won.

I just occasionally enjoy batting around board chew-toys.

Forum List

Back