Starbucks in Saudi Arabia refuses to serve women

Damn I miss those days of dragging women around by their hair !!

Good news though, Muslims are bringing the past back !! Liberals rejoice !

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
diarrhea of the mouth constipation of the brain

you talk with out the facts or engaging our brain.

Did no one check the news?
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
No, I don't approve of the rules in saudi where women are concerned, but all this fuss over a few days till a wall could be replaced.

You guys really are making a mountain over a mole hill. It is not up to Starbucks to change saudi moral laws because a wall had to be replaced and it tools
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
took a few days to get permits, material and workers to finish it.

You are not going to change the laws of the land over a few days without a coffee.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

>>
Starbucks issued the following statement to CNN: "At Starbucks, we adhere to the local customs of Saudi Arabia by providing separate entrances for families as well as single people. In addition, all our stores provide equal amenities, service, menu, and seating to men, women and families."
The statement continues: "We are working as quickly as possible as we refurbish our Jarir store so that we may again welcome all customers in accordance with local customs."
On Monday, Starbucks shared an update: "Starbucks welcomes all customers, including women and families, to enjoy the Starbucks experience. We have worked with local authorities to obtain approval to refurbish one of our stores in Jarir, which was originally built without a gender wall. That meant it could only accommodate men in accordance with local law.
"This was the only such Starbucks store in Saudi Arabia. During construction, the store could only accommodate and serve single men, and a poster was placed at the store entrance as required by local law.
The statement went on: "We are pleased to share that the store is now accessible to single men on one side as well as women and families on the other side. Starbucks has now 78 stores in Saudi Arabia and all stores cater to both families and singles, except for one that is exclusively reserved for women and families."<<

This Starbucks in Saudi Arabia Has Banned Women from Entering the Establishment — See the Crazy Reason Why

I realize that in that part of the world we have grown accustomed to hearing about this sort of mistreatment of women, but should Starbucks be apart of it?
Hey if that's what their magical being says to do, who are you or I to infringe on their religious freedoms?

In Saudi Arabia Freedom of religion is severely limited. Islam is the official religion.
The Government prohibits the public practice of other religions.

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
No, I don't approve of the rules in saudi where women are concerned, but all this fuss over a few days till a wall could be replaced.

You guys really are making a mountain over a mole hill. It is not up to Starbucks to change saudi moral laws because a wall had to be replaced and it tools
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You are not going to
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Starbucks issued the following statement to CNN: "At Starbucks, we adhere to the local customs of Saudi Arabia by providing separate entrances for families as well as single people. In addition, all our stores provide equal amenities, service, menu, and seating to men, women and families."
The statement continues: "We are working as quickly as possible as we refurbish our Jarir store so that we may again welcome all customers in accordance with local customs."
On Monday, Starbucks shared an update: "Starbucks welcomes all customers, including women and families, to enjoy the Starbucks experience. We have worked with local authorities to obtain approval to refurbish one of our stores in Jarir, which was originally built without a gender wall. That meant it could only accommodate men in accordance with local law.
"This was the only such Starbucks store in Saudi Arabia. During construction, the store could only accommodate and serve single men, and a poster was placed at the store entrance as required by local law.
The statement went on: "We are pleased to share that the store is now accessible to single men on one side as well as women and families on the other side. Starbucks has now 78 stores in Saudi Arabia and all stores cater to both families and singles, except for one that is exclusively reserved for women and families."<<

That's interesting. Although I had no idea going for a cup of coffee could be so complicated!

Oh, and that's diarrhea of the keyboard

This Starbucks in Saudi Arabia Has Banned Women from Entering the Establishment — See the Crazy Reason Why

I realize that in that part of the world we have grown accustomed to hearing about this sort of mistreatment of women, but should Starbucks be apart of it?
Hey if that's what their magical being says to do, who are you or I to infringe on their religious freedoms?

In Saudi Arabia Freedom of religion is severely limited. Islam is the official religion.
So it's wrong for religious people in Saudi Arabia to impose their beliefs on others? Typical secular Obamabot.

So it's wrong for religious people in Saudi Arabia to impose their beliefs on others? Typical secular Obamabot.

Someone should start a GoFundMe page for the Starbucks of Saudi Arabia.

While I am no fan of Saudi Arabia, I fail to see the rightwing outrage over this one

From the OP
The reason? Because a barrier inside the store separating families from singles recently fell down. The store is temporarily asking women to have a man purchase their desired items.

Saudi Arabia has strict prohibitions on single women mingling in a social situation. A woman who does so is considered a slut.

Barring women while the barrier is being rebuilt does not seem much of an outrage

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

You are not going to change the laws of the land over a few days without a coffee.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
>>

So if there is, say, a Starbucks in the South and someone requests a drink with a Confederate flag on it, are they to follow the local customs and oblige them?

While I am no fan of Saudi Arabia, I fail to see the rightwing outrage over this one

From the OP
The reason? Because a barrier inside the store separating families from singles recently fell down. The store is temporarily asking women to have a man purchase their desired items.

Saudi Arabia has strict prohibitions on single women mingling in a social situation. A woman who does so is considered a slut.

Barring women while the barrier is being rebuilt does not seem much of an outrage

Notice the males are not considered the slut, hence the hypocrisy.

The left seems willing to oblige the Islamic war on women just so long as they are making money doing it. The left has no moral high ground when it comes to the rights of women, but of course, we already knew that.

Continue to chug down your over priced drinks lefties and enjoy knowing you are paying a corporation that is at war with women

From the OP

The left seems willing to oblige the Islamic war on women just so long as they are making money doing it.

Not my religion
I think all religions have stupid rules. But if you are naïve enough to join one, I guess you got to follow the rules

Muslims are very protective of women, as are orthodox Jews and many fundamentalist Christians

While we may mock them, they look at our women running around dressed like whores with disgust

From the OP

The left seems willing to oblige the Islamic war on women just so long as they are making money doing it.

Not my religion
I think all religions have stupid rules. But if you are naïve enough to join one, I guess you got to follow the rules

Muslims are very protective of women, as are orthodox Jews and many fundamentalist Christians

While we may mock them, they look at our women running around dressed like whores with disgust

Last I checked Christians were offended at the cups made by Starbucks and they were ridiculed. Is it OK to shun one culture but bow to another, especially when that culture is at war with women?

From the OP

Not my religion

Last I checked Christians were offended at the cups made by Starbucks and they were ridiculed. Is it OK to shun one culture but bow to another, especially when that culture is at war with women?

If not for the fact that women voluntarily accept those rules when they join the religion.......I might be offended

Religious people are idiots. They voluntarily accepts rules and live their lives to appease some imaginary creature

Nothing I can do about it

But they wouldn't do things like that here, because we are nice to them. And the lack of desert. Yes, the lack of desert. After 20K years, they are tired of it and are now lashing out..

Forum List

Back