Concealed carry for 50 years, then he holds suspect for police, no shots fired...police thank him.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
This man had his concealed carry permit for 50 years........and then he needed it.....and then he doesn't fire a shot...simply holds the guy for the police. Did anyone see this on their local or national news? I thought not....

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.

This man had his concealed carry permit for 50 years........and then he needed it.....and then he doesn't fire a shot...simply holds the guy for the police. Did anyone see this on their local or national news? I thought not....

CCW Permit Holder In CA Holds Burglar At Gunpoint With His Glock Until Police Arrive

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA — A pocket-carrying homeowner took matters into his own hands when he saw someone walking around inside his home as he was outside doing yard work.

That homeowner, who did not want to be identified, says he’s had his concealed carry permit for 50 years in California and it’s the first time he’s ever been forced to draw.

When police arrived, accompanied by helicopter with a good visual on the situation, they found the homeowner with his Glock trained on the suspect, 54-year-old Enrique Garza.

Police hailed the homeowner’s actions, saying it was a good thing his gun wasn’t sitting inside a safe, out of reach when needed most.

“If not for having a CCW, he probably wouldn’t have his gun on him, it probably would have been locked in a safe, and he wouldn’t have had access to it in order to hold this suspect accountable,” said Fresno County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Tony Botti.

“You have to learn to be careful in this world, because there’s a lot of crazy people out there,” said the homeowner.

The Fresno County Sheriff’s Office mentioned that before the attacks in San Bernardino, concealed carry permits were issued in about one month. Now after the attacks, demand has skyrocketed, which has created a longer wait time of up to 10 months for permits to be issued.
50 years, never needed a gun, didn't need it this time. Onward...

But, we've always been told there would be blood in the streets if a ccw holder pulled his gun. That can't be wrong can it?

Anti-gun loons hate the fact that private citizens, armed with firearms, are able to defend themselves and their property.
Actually they hate the fact that so many people are killed by things most people no longer need.

Except for the people who need them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered....you know...except for those people...

And considering that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack, according to bill clinton and barak obama....that is a lot of guns needed by a lot of people....

Anti-gun loons hate the fact that private citizens, armed with firearms, are able to defend themselves and their property.
Actually they hate the fact that so many people are killed by things most people no longer need.

Except for the people who need them to keep from being raped, robbed and murdered....you know...except for those people...

And considering that Americans use guns 1.5 million times a year to stop violent criminal attack, according to bill clinton and barak obama....that is a lot of guns needed by a lot of people....
Save the dogma. No one has any good numbers, and it's nothing like much nor did most who pulled a gun actually need to, they just thought they did. Oh, big scary guy was walking towards me so I pulled a gun and he (wisely) ran away. He must have been planning on _______ing me, or walking to the store for chips and beer.

Enrique Garza was inside the man's home. He should have been shot dead where he stood. Enrique Garza will no doubt be freed and left to rob again.

Save the dogma. No one has any good numbers, and it's nothing like much nor did most who pulled a gun actually need to, they just thought they did. Oh, big scary guy was walking towards me so I pulled a gun and he (wisely) ran away. He must have been planning on _______ing me, or walking to the store for chips and beer.
Wow, what a monumental trivialization of a serious issue.

Actually he used the gun to subdue the piece of shit criminal until the cops could get there

Tell me how would he have done that without a gun?

And talking out of you ass does not make you a knowledgeable person.....you have no clue what you are talking about. There is 40 years of actual research on the subject.......

But on tv they show the cops shoot the guy and plant a gun next to his dead body? At least that's how the Hollywood tv shows write the scripts...

Actually he used the gun to subdue the piece of shit criminal until the cops could get there

One, it wasn't necessary. Two, there is no two.

And talking out of you ass does not make you a knowledgeable person.....you have no clue what you are talking about. There is 40 years of actual research on the subject.......
40 years of research and no one has anything like a valid number. That's because it's fucking nonsense, in most cases.

One, it wasn't necessary. Two, there is no two.

So how would he have detained the piece of shit criminal then?

Forum List

Back