Comunitee.com is a Supporting Vendor!

Negative, you have to Sign Up or log in using FB. Strictly visiting their site is like going to any other News site or website. If people want the full experience they have to Register/Sign Up via their Sign up page or logging in via FB. If you want to connect it to Twitter, you can do that also via the button "connect to Twitter". I know you don't want to do that, I'm just explaining that the site is no different than any other News site unless you Sign Up.

It's like these forums. You can read and surf without registering. If you want to take advantage of certain "perks" you register.

Hopefully that makes sense?
It does. Thanks for the clarification. Hell, I don't do facebook or twitter. No one needs that much access to my private life.
Once you decided to wander around the World Wide Webz your whole private life went out the door.

Yes, but we don't have to enable FB and Twitter et all to turn us into financial derivatives.

I have a Firefox addon called "Ghostery" which blocks banner ads from appearing on my browser. So I have no clue what appears on any thread I visit. Most likely I will not be partaking in or purchasing any of the services they offer, but nonetheless. Had this panned out like I wrongly thought it would, I was prepared to discuss this with Foundry. However, I was dissuaded from doing so. Naturally, this kind of stuff raises Fourth Amendment concerns due to the nature of the sponsor.

Since the nature of this entity has been duly explained, there is no need to worry about it.

OK, so you're at peace with the vendor, cool.
On the second point though, again the Fourth Amendment, like all Amendments, applies to the government. Not to a private enterprise. So unless you're saying this Comunitee entity IS the government, there is no issue Constitutionally speaking.

Actually, if the Constitution applies to how the government treats us, it also applies to how other individuals treat other individuals, namely a corporation vs an individual. I personally see no difference.

It simply doesn't apply. The Constitution sets up what the government can or can't do.

Not speaking of principle or ethics here, just the technical mechanics. It may be wrong, intrusive, alarming and all that, but it's not "unconstitutional".

Once you decided to wander around the World Wide Webz your whole private life went out the door.
Of course, but I at least delude myself into thinking I have some privacy left.

Ever tried running proxy? I have. But safe it to say I won't do it again. I found less complicated ways to maintain what semblance of privacy I have left.

There are a couple of avenues:

Level I: Start Page

Level II: TOR Project

Interesting how some rather capitalist leaning posters have a problem with capitalism. Not in my back yard? :eusa_eh:

Interesting how people confuse capitalism with tyranny.

If I chose not to participate in a website that shares my browsing history with everyone that does not mean I oppose capitalism.

OK, so you're at peace with the vendor, cool.
On the second point though, again the Fourth Amendment, like all Amendments, applies to the government. Not to a private enterprise. So unless you're saying this Comunitee entity IS the government, there is no issue Constitutionally speaking.

Actually, if the Constitution applies to how the government treats us, it also applies to how other individuals treat other individuals, namely a corporation vs an individual. I personally see no difference.

It simply doesn't apply. The Constitution sets up what the government can or can't do.

Not speaking of principle or ethics here, just the technical mechanics. It may be wrong, intrusive, alarming and all that, but it's not "unconstitutional".

I stand corrected.

TemplarKormac what kind of smartphone do you use?

Uhh, a Pantech Breakout. Not top of the line but best I can afford. Runs Android OS 2.3.3. at the moment. Why do you ask?

Well your very worried about security and privacy. Owning a smartphone and using Google services is like running around your city bare nekkid yelling your name, address, surfing habits etc. In other words, you've already been massively exposed.

If your really concerned about privacy throw it away and get a feature phone. Otherwise, all this stuff your doing is pointless.

TemplarKormac what kind of smartphone do you use?

Uhh, a Pantech Breakout. Not top of the line but best I can afford. Runs Android OS 2.3.3. at the moment. Why do you ask?

Well your very worried about security and privacy. Owning a smartphone and using Google services is like running around your city bare nekkid yelling your name, address, surfing habits etc. In other words, you've already been massively exposed.

If your really concerned about privacy throw it away and get a feature phone. Otherwise, all this stuff your doing is pointless.

And, posting a photo of your own fat self is just plain dumb.

Forum List

Back