Complicated question

Semper Fi

VIP Member
Nov 25, 2003
Wisconsin
Does wanting to do something, but condemning those who do make you a hypocrite? I'd say what I was referring to buy everyone would think I'm wierd.

Semper Fi said:
Does wanting to do something, but condemning those who do make you a hypocrite? I'd say what I was referring to buy everyone would think I'm wierd.
Yes, if you do it.

Semper Fi said:

Aw, we already thing you're weird. (just kidding!)

If by people "doing it" you mean the other people take some action, not just think about doing it, and you don't take that action, then I'd agree with Kathianne that it does not make you a hypocrite. It makes you human.

I want and do drink. I condemn kids who drink.

I want to have sex with my wife. I condemn others if THEY have sex with my wife.

So - no..it's not always a bad thing.

Related - I speak out against pre-marital sex, yet I wanted to, and ended up participating in pre-marital sex; although not with my wife.

dmp said:
I want and do drink. I condemn kids who drink.

I want to have sex with my wife. I condemn others if THEY have sex with my wife.

So - no..it's not always a bad thing.

Hypocrite!

:D

Semper Fi said:

Not to be nosy but it would help if you could let us know the specific thing you are talking about.

As dmp pointed out..there could be "interpretations" that would make each instance different.

Don't worry about what we think..it's just us.

GotZoom said:
Not to be nosy but it would help if you could let us know the specific thing you are talking about.

As dmp pointed out..there could be "interpretations" that would make each instance different.

Don't worry about what we think..it's just us.

Welcome back! :beer:

Being tempted is different from giving in to the temptation. So, even if you think a thing is wrong, if you don't give in to the temptation, you're not a hypocrite. And sometimes, you fall off track, and give in "just one time." As long as you are truly trying to work your way out of the behaviour, you're not a hypocrite.

The condemning others thing, though... I would try to steer clear of that, even if you KNOW what they are doing is wrong. You can try to point out to them why it's wrong, trying to steer them back to the right course, but to harbor bad thoughts/feelings for them is just wrong no matter what.

Forum List

Back