Companies that will be laying OFF DUE to ObamacARE!!!

That would not generate a lawsuit. Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.

"Right to work" deals with compelling employees to join a union. What you are referencing is "At Will" employment. And while at will employment means either side can terminate the employment agreement for any reason, should an employer state that the political views of the employee are the reason for termination, they can and will be sued - probably successfully.

Besides, people who get fired from medical supply companies that previously flourished under free enterprise are going to know without being told that ObamaCare caused them to lose their jobs.

I would hope so, but an employer must take care with what is said. Never give a reason for lay off other than "lack of work." If termination is for wrong doing, make sure there is an audit trail that explicitly demonstrates the wrong doing.

ObamaCare is a planned effort to RUIN this nation!

Obama is a goddamned Marxist!

Regardless of the veracity, or lack therein of your statement, an employer must take care during termination to avoid potential liability.

America voted that fuck in for four more years.

Hate to say it but we get what we payed for.

Defense will be cut, and rightly so. One must wonder how many soldiers will be leaving the military and straight onto the UE line. No wars, thank God. Don't need as many soldiers.

Oh we'll have wars, but they will be waged against us without fear of our fighting back.

The real statement you made in this post should make you re-think your ideology but then that might be to much of a task.
The statement...Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.
Isn't it wonderful to give someone complete control.
:whip:

Why are communists so stupid?

"At Will" employment means that EITHER side can terminate the employment for any reason.

Do you think the corner market should be required to gain your permission prior to going out of business? Can they legally stop serving you without your consent? Or do YOU have to get their consent to stop shopping with them? You are buying their service, they are your employee - so don't you need the permission of the government and them to stop shopping with them?

Again, fucking communists are dumb as fence posts.

The real statement you made in this post should make you re-think your ideology but then that might be to much of a task.
The statement...Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.

"Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying of employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law:"

LMAO!!!! The Kochs? Now there's a reliable source! :lmao:
Typical liberal response...the message cannot be true because of the source. What a dickweed!

Only if he wants a lawsuit.
That would not generate a lawsuit. Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.

Besides, people who get fired from medical supply companies that previously flourished under free enterprise are going to know without being told that ObamaCare caused them to lose their jobs.

That's what free enterprise is all about. I take the risks...I use my money to start and run a company..I can hire and fire as I please.

It's when you put the goddamned government in charge of the rules, the goddamned unions in charge of the rules...and they come up with regulations and requirements that can literally keep a company from making a profit and they dare you to fire somebody for any reason. That's when the system is fucked. When people do not have to actually perform their job description to be "entitled" to their job...the system fails.

I think I'll have to start a company now. There will be all these power vacuums where all these companies are giving up their profits for hilarious reasons.

I'll have plenty of business!

Typical liberal response...the message cannot be true because of the source. What a dickweed!

That's what free enterprise is all about. I take the risks...I use my money to start and run a company..I can hire and fire as I please.

It's when you put the goddamned government in charge of the rules, the goddamned unions in charge of the rules...and they come up with regulations and requirements that can literally keep a company from making a profit and they dare you to fire somebody for any reason. That's when the system is fucked. When people do not have to actually perform their job description to be "entitled" to their job...the system fails.

Where is this entitlement of the employers come from?

You are not entitled to someones soul in exchange for giving them a job.

Listen! You are making two different arguments. So stop trying to muddy the conversation and stay on topic.
And as usual. You teaparty people love to insult so if that is all you can do it is a sad case.

Why are communists so stupid?

"At Will" employment means that EITHER side can terminate the employment for any reason.

Do you think the corner market should be required to gain your permission prior to going out of business? Can they legally stop serving you without your consent? Or do YOU have to get their consent to stop shopping with them? You are buying their service, they are your employee - so don't you need the permission of the government and them to stop shopping with them?

Again, fucking communists are dumb as fence posts.

The GOP...

Gov. Mitt Romney

Sen. Scott Brown

Rep. Allen West

Rep. Mia Love

Im glad all the heartless libtards thinks this is so goddamn funny

The only heartless people here are the ones agreeing with ruining peoples lives and drastically reducing profits in order to send a political message.

Actively contributing to the same problem you want solved. Fuck all of them. They deserve to lose all business.

Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees,
A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:
Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs
Dana Holding Corp. "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".
Stryker
One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December. Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific
In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs,

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.
It also means a near immediate impact on the economy. With 20 or so new or higher taxes set to be implemented, ranging from a $123 billion surtax on investment income, through the $20 billion medical device tax, all the way down to the $600 million executive compensation limit, Obamacare will be a nearly unbearable tax burden on the economy.

PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times

YEAH they already are--expect to turn into a 'part-time' job America. Already the last several government released jobs report are showing that. Employers are hiring more part-time employees and are cutting back hours on once was full-time employees.

WELCOME TO OBAMALONI LAND.

"Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying off employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law."

"FreedomWorks originated from a campaign called Citizens for a Sound Economy, which split in two in 2004. CSE was set up by businessman David Koch (Koch Industries). Citizens for a Sound Economy merged with Empower America in 2004 and was renamed FreedomWorks, with Dick Armey, Jack Kemp and C. Boyden Gray serving as co-chairmen, Bill Bennett focusing on school choice as a Senior Fellow, and Matt Kibbe as President and CEO. Empower America was founded in 1993 by William Bennett, former Secretary of HUD Jack Kemp, former Ambassador Jeane J. Kirkpatrick, and former Representative Vin Weber. In December 2006, Steve Forbes joined the board of directors."

dick_armey_libertysummit-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

I think I'll have to start a company now. There will be all these power vacuums where all these companies are giving up their profits for hilarious reasons.

I'll have plenty of business!

You know, running a business is NOT like collecting welfare. With a business, you have to offer VALUE in return for the check.

You won't do well, with a simple chant of "gimmee, gimmee, gimmee."

"Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying of employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law:"

LMAO!!!! The Kochs? Now there's a reliable source! :lmao:

......And, The DICK; Armey!!!!!!!

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

The only heartless people here are the ones agreeing with ruining peoples lives and drastically reducing profits in order to send a political message.

Actively contributing to the same problem you want solved. Fuck all of them. They deserve to lose all business.

You just can't seem to understand that businesses don't owe people jobs. Your boss is not your daddy. It's not his job to see to your welfare outside of work.

Forum List

Back