Companies that will be laying OFF DUE to ObamacARE!!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by healthmyths, Nov 9, 2012.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,849
    Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
    Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees,
    A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:
    Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
    Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
    Covidien - 595 layoffs
    Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
    St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
    Hill Rom - 200 layoffs
    Dana Holding Corp. "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".
    Stryker
    One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December. Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific
    In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs,

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.
    It also means a near immediate impact on the economy. With 20 or so new or higher taxes set to be implemented, ranging from a $123 billion surtax on investment income, through the $20 billion medical device tax, all the way down to the $600 million executive compensation limit, Obamacare will be a nearly unbearable tax burden on the economy.

PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times

2. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223
    I am still trying to identify likely Obama voters to get rid of.

3. LogikAndReazon

LogikAndReazon Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,285
    And everyone of them should clearly be told why....................

4. Black_Label

Black_Label Registered Democrat

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +514
    "Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying of employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law:"

LMAO!!!! The Kochs? Now there's a reliable source! :lmao:

5. HereWeGoAgain

HereWeGoAgain Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,891
    Oh thats easy.....they'll be the brown ones.:D

6. longknife

longknife Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,537
    Well here come some more!

Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 Employees After Obama Victory

After President Barack Obama won reelection, a Las Vegas business owner fired 22 employees because he feared he could no longer keep up with the costs that would be imposed on his business due to regulations such as Obamacare.

The business owner, who asked to remain anonymous, called into 100.5 KXNT and said “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first," the business owner said. "I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees."

More @ Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 Employees After Obama Victory :confused::confused:

7. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,537
    Boeing Announces Layoffs -- After Election

The day after President Obama was elected to a second term, Boeing announced a 30 percent cut in managerial positions in the company.

Those being laid off were told the company is an "affordability drive" which has already allowed it to cut costs by $2.2 billion since 2010. The employees were told the company's goal is to cut another $1.6 billion between 2013 and 2015.

More @ Boeing Announces Layoffs -- After Election

8. SniperFire

SniperFire Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,223

No. We need the mailroom guy. Nobody else will do the work.

9. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,537
  10. longknife

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,537
    Welcome To ObamaWorld: Large Number Of Companies Announce Layoffs Post Election

Written By : William Teach
    November 9, 2012

Quite a few companies are giving their position on the election outcome

(The Blaze) Do elections have consequences? If you have been paying attention to the financial markets, you might think so. Wall Street has had two horrible days since President Obama won a second term.

However, stock prices are not the only thing taking a hit. It appears that the job market is also suffering. In the last 48 hours, the following major corporations have announced layoffs in America (links take you to news stories about the layoffs – with details from the companies):

Some of this is the same as above posts but with direct links to affected companies @ Welcome To ObamaWorld: Large Number Of Companies Announce Layoffs Post Election | Right Wing News

The numbers seem dry but one has to remember that each one is a HUMAN BEING with families who rely on that income.