Companies that will be laying OFF DUE to ObamacARE!!!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees,
A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:
Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs
Dana Holding Corp. "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".
Stryker
One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December. Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific
In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs,

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.
It also means a near immediate impact on the economy. With 20 or so new or higher taxes set to be implemented, ranging from a $123 billion surtax on investment income, through the $20 billion medical device tax, all the way down to the $600 million executive compensation limit, Obamacare will be a nearly unbearable tax burden on the economy.

PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times

"Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying of employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law:"

LMAO!!!! The Kochs? Now there's a reliable source! :lmao:

Well here come some more!

Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 Employees After Obama Victory

After President Barack Obama won reelection, a Las Vegas business owner fired 22 employees because he feared he could no longer keep up with the costs that would be imposed on his business due to regulations such as Obamacare.

The business owner, who asked to remain anonymous, called into 100.5 KXNT and said “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

“I’ve done my share of educating my employees. I never tell them which way to vote. I believe in the free system we have, I believe in the right to choose who they want to be president, but I did explain as a business owner that I have always put my employees first," the business owner said. "I always made sure that when I went without a paycheck that made sure they were paid. And I explained that I always put them first and unfortunately I’m at a point where I’m being forced to have to worry about me and my family now and a business that I built from just me to 114 employees."

More @ Vegas Business Owner Fires 22 Employees After Obama Victory :confused::confused:

Boeing Announces Layoffs -- After Election

The day after President Obama was elected to a second term, Boeing announced a 30 percent cut in managerial positions in the company.

Those being laid off were told the company is an "affordability drive" which has already allowed it to cut costs by $2.2 billion since 2010. The employees were told the company's goal is to cut another $1.6 billion between 2013 and 2015.

More @ Boeing Announces Layoffs -- After Election

Welcome To ObamaWorld: Large Number Of Companies Announce Layoffs Post Election

Written By : William Teach
November 9, 2012

Quite a few companies are giving their position on the election outcome

(The Blaze) Do elections have consequences? If you have been paying attention to the financial markets, you might think so. Wall Street has had two horrible days since President Obama won a second term.

However, stock prices are not the only thing taking a hit. It appears that the job market is also suffering. In the last 48 hours, the following major corporations have announced layoffs in America (links take you to news stories about the layoffs – with details from the companies):

Some of this is the same as above posts but with direct links to affected companies @ Welcome To ObamaWorld: Large Number Of Companies Announce Layoffs Post Election | Right Wing News

The numbers seem dry but one has to remember that each one is a HUMAN BEING with families who rely on that income.

Way to go Ohio
After Obama reelection coal company CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs
On Wednesday, Murray also laid off 54 people at American Coal, one of his subsidiary companies, and 102 at Utah American Energy, blaming a “war on coal” by the administration of President Barack Obama.”

Murray Energy is the country’s largest privately owned coal mining company, with about 3,000 employees producing about 30 million tons of bituminous coal a year, according to its Web site.
After Obama reelection CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs - The Washington Post

Over the next 3 yrs. Let's just see how this all pans out.

Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality
Welch Allyn, a company that manufactures medical diagnostic equipment in central New York, announced in September that they would be laying off 275 employees,
A short list of other companies facing future layoffs at the hands of Obamacare:
Smith & Nephew - 770 layoffs
Abbott Labs - 700 layoffs
Covidien - 595 layoffs
Kinetic Concepts - 427 layoffs
St. Jude Medical - 300 layoffs
Hill Rom - 200 layoffs
Dana Holding Corp. "$24 million over the next six years in additional U.S. health care expenses".
Stryker
One of the biggest medical device manufacturers in the world, Stryker will close their facility in Orchard Park, New York, eliminating 96 jobs in December. Worse, they plan on countering the medical device tax in Obamacare by slashing 5% of their global workforce - an estimated 1,170 positions.

Boston Scientific
In October of 2009, Boston Scientific CEO Ray Elliott, warned that proposed taxes in the health care reform bill could "lead to significant job losses" for his company. Nearly two years later, Elliott announced that the company would be cutting anywhere between 1,200 and 1,400 jobs,

In March of 2010, medical device maker Medtronic warned that Obamacare taxes could result in a reduction of precisely 1,000 jobs.
It also means a near immediate impact on the economy. With 20 or so new or higher taxes set to be implemented, ranging from a $123 billion surtax on investment income, through the $20 billion medical device tax, all the way down to the $600 million executive compensation limit, Obamacare will be a nearly unbearable tax burden on the economy.

PICKET: Companies plan massive layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality - Washington Times

Wait til the democrats slash the defense spending. There will be massive lay offs. Oh. and we can't have no damn pipeline either but here, let's send 20Billion to Brazille so they can drill and provide they people with fuel.. Yay for the demoncraps.

And see this is just the start!
Here are the ACTUAL DEDUCTIONS and amounts that in 2008 were deducted from tax returns...

So Obamacare will continue to cost employers money... here is the solution:
Employers will no longer be able if those evil TAX LOOPHOLES are closed DEDUCT employee health and pension benefits a total of $250 billion that was taken off their taxes BUT now will NO longer be offered to employees and where will the employees go .. IF THEY ARE STILL EMPLOYED!!!

Amount of
Deduction Type of deduction that government ALLOWS tax payer to subtract from taxes

• [*]$131.0 billion Exclusion of employer medical insurance premiums and medical care
    [*]$117.7 Net exclusion of pension contributions and earnings
    [*]$ 88.5 Deductibility of mortgage interest on owner-occupied homes
    [*]$55.9 Accelerated depreciation of machinery and equipment
    [*]$49.1 Deductibility of non-business state and local taxes
    [*]$46.8 Deductibility of charitable contributions
    [*]$31.5 Deferral of income from controlled foreign corporations
    [*]$30.0 Capital gains exclusion on home sales
    [*]$29.1 Deductibility of State and local property tax on owner-occupied homes
    [*]$28.4 Child credit
    [*]$24.2 Capital gains (except agriculture,timber, and coal)
    [*]$21.5 Step-up basis of capital gains at death
$653.7 billion

Last edited:
"Freedom Works has put together a list of companies that will be laying of employees as a result of President Barack Obama's health care law:"

Typical liberal response...the message cannot be true because of the source. What a dickweed!

And everyone of them should clearly be told why....................

Only if he wants a lawsuit.
That would not generate a lawsuit. Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.

Besides, people who get fired from medical supply companies that previously flourished under free enterprise are going to know without being told that ObamaCare caused them to lose their jobs.

ObamaCare is a planned effort to RUIN this nation!

Obama is a goddamned Marxist!

The real statement you made in this post should make you re-think your ideology but then that might be to much of a task.
The statement...Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.
Isn't it wonderful to give someone complete control.
:whip:

Typical liberal response...the message cannot be true because of the source. What a dickweed!

And everyone of them should clearly be told why....................

Only if he wants a lawsuit.
That would not generate a lawsuit. Companies in right to work states can fire anybody for any reason. They can state the reason or not.

Besides, people who get fired from medical supply companies that previously flourished under free enterprise are going to know without being told that ObamaCare caused them to lose their jobs.

ObamaCare is a planned effort to RUIN this nation!

Obama is a goddamned Marxist!

Murray Energy in Ohio. In six weeks Ohio might be regretting their decision.

Robert E. Murray read a prayer to a group of company staff members on the day after the election, lamenting the direction of the country and asking: “Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

After Obama reelection CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs - The Washington Post

America voted that fuck in for four more years.

Hate to say it but we get what we payed for.

Defense will be cut, and rightly so. One must wonder how many soldiers will be leaving the military and straight onto the UE line. No wars, thank God. Don't need as many soldiers.

Forum List

Back