Common Core Standards--Yes or NO!

Common Core is not communistic; any who suggest that need to be investigated for mental illness.

The core standards are developed by each state, not the national government.

The error is the mandated testing days.

Turn the standards over to the school districts and let the teachers develop the coursework.

The outcome will be far better than what it is now.

The following is a lie. The standards are developed by each state. We are eliminating you fuck ups from the GOP for good reason. You are no good. No the standards are NOT developed by each state.
You don't even know where you stand on this do you?!

Your concern is that you try to understand where you stand.

I know that you do not get that the states develop the standards.

Common Core is not communistic; any who suggest that need to be investigated for mental illness.

Turn the standards over to the school districts and let the teachers develop the coursework.

No the standards are NOT developed by each state. They were sent down from above--(The Federal Government) based on what a couple of administrators developed.
It 8217 s Official The Feds Control Common Core AFP

The kids are being used as an experiment, and one that is failing quickly.

I agree--the states, especially the school districts should be in charge of their own curriculum. Untie teachers hands and let them know what THEY do best, which is TEACH.

Watch the above videos for clarification on what common core is and where it came from.

Read the common core bill. You obviously haven't. the states that have adopted it are leading the country in math and english. The ones like texas are way behind. The texas Gov looked like a fool on the kelly file the other day being against it. .
Explain Florida

Explain the majority of states that have adopted Common core and are leading the country with it? More relevant question, don't you think? Sorry dude. You are backed into a corner on this.

There is no federal mandate, you bonehead.

Children are to be freed from the tyranny of rote memory....

Nonsense.
That is what I always said too.

You gotta know something, to build on it.

blooms-taxonomy.jpg

Today, they try to skip KNOWLEDGE stage.

No the standards are NOT developed by each state. They were sent down from above--(The Federal Government) based on what a couple of administrators developed.

I agree--the states, especially the school districts should be in charge of their own curriculum. Untie teachers hands and let them know what THEY do best, which is TEACH.

Watch the above videos for clarification on what common core is and where it came from.

Read the common core bill. You obviously haven't. the states that have adopted it are leading the country in math and english. The ones like texas are way behind. The texas Gov looked like a fool on the kelly file the other day being against it. .

Of course YOU have a Link to that claim?

Here's one for you--2014 Common Core test scores from New York State. Of course you'll have to be able to read it and have some reading comprehension skills. The award winning Principle of New York State in 2013, put this together for you.

What new Common Core test scores really show - The Washington Post

Some bonehead above said it was communistic; that was disproved.

Some bonehead above said the feds developed how the standards would be evaluated: that was disproved.

Someone said CC states score better in Math and English: that was proved.

Simple. Don't like it? Opt out and produce poorly educated students.

Some bonehead above said it was communistic; that was disproved.

Some bonehead above said the feds developed how the standards would be evaluated: that was disproved.

Someone said CC states score better in Math and English: that was proved.

Simple. Don't like it? Opt out and produce poorly educated students.

It's not communistic, and no the Feds didn't develop it. The Feds adopted it, along with the governors of states that wanted some of the stimulus money.

They tried to use what Finland is using without consideration that Finland (an entire country) that is no larger than the state of Colorado, who has a much smaller population than the United States along with much smaller sized class rooms is doing better overall in math and other topics of general education.

In our classes, it's not unusual to see 25 plus kids in one elementary class. We have parents who don't care, nor have the interest in helping their kids with their homework, which is now a REQUIREMENT if they expect their kids to survive elementary school today. Many of these parents didn't do well in school themselves.

Then we have the "political correctness" of classes being forced into taking mentally disadvantaged students--(those that are never going to be able to keep up) in classrooms that puts the entire class in constant disruption. There is no way a teacher can teach the class in this type of environment.

I went to my grandson's 1st grade class, to volunteer to help the reading session, and it reminded me of being in a monkey cage at the zoo. The class was so big, you had the good students, along with other students that were held back and who wouldn't sit still, and even refused to read, in the same class. When he hit 3rd grade, my daughter asked the math teacher what homework he needed to make up--as he was sick for a couple of days, he emailed her back and told her to get the information from another 3rd grade student. That was the last straw for her and she moved him into a much less populated school, and he is doing great there.

If you have a kid in elementary school today, and you're not watching what is going on and are not spending one hour a night helping out with homework, you can expect your child to be left so far behind by 4th grade, they'll never catch up.

In my day, we did not have mentally disadvantaged students in our class, and we had A,B,C group type classes. If you were an excellent student you were in C math, English and science classes, B was for average students, and A were the lower end class--(those that needed more help.) EVERYTHING has changed since then.

Last edited:

Of course YOU have a Link to that claim?

Here's one for you--2014 Common Core test scores from New York State. Of course you'll have to be able to read it and have some reading comprehension skills. The award winning Principle of New York State in 2013, put this together for you.

Texas Governor Goes Toe To Toe With Former Secretary Of Education On Common Core Tatumba.com

Oreo makes a shallow and specious argument against Finland's education system and that somehow it won't work here. Nonsense.

Oreo makes a shallow and specious argument against Finland's education system and that somehow it won't work here. Nonsense.

It's not working here, and that's the problem. A little reading comprehension will help you out. This 2014 test score study comes from the highest rated Principle in the state of New York, who actually was awarded that title in 2013.

Common Core IS NOT a political issue, as both democrat and republicans supported it. Don't treat it as political.

This is about the kids that are in our educational system and nothing else.

Since you're mainly on this board to put on one liners--you show me some Common Core test Scores with links that would impress me. And I don't want to see any stupid charts that could be made up by anyone.

It's not working here, and that's the problem. A little reading comprehension will help you out. This 2014 test score study comes from the highest rated Principle in the state of New York, who actually was awarded that title in 2013.

Common Core IS NOT a political issue, as both democrat and republicans supported it. Don't treat it as political.

Since you're mainly on this board to put on one liners--you show me some Common Core test Scores with links that would impress me. And I don't want to see any stupid charts that could be made up by anyone.

only NY? I'm nt surprised about NY. It's a liberal state with bad teachers.

It's not just New York, in my state of Colorado we are having problems with Common Core. In fact, Douglas County is having a fit over it. They're standards were actually higher than Common Core's and I believe our state legislature is willing to see those standards, and adopt a policy that if school districts have higher standards (that were actually working in the past)--that they can do away with the Common Core.

"In their list of grievances against the Common Core, the school board members stated that the Common Core is not appropriate for Douglas County because the district’s current Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (GVC) is “more rigorous, more thorough, and more directly tailored to the needs of Douglas County students” than the Common Core national standards."
Colorado School District Rejects Common Core National Standards

It's not just New York, in my state of Colorado we are having problems with Common Core. In fact, Douglas County is having a fit over it. They're standards were actually higher than Common Core's and I believe our state legislature is willing to see those standards, and adopt a policy that if school districts have higher standards (that were actually working in the past)--that they can do away with the Common Core.

"In their list of grievances against the Common Core, the school board members stated that the Common Core is not appropriate for Douglas County because the district’s current Guaranteed and Viable Curriculum (GVC) is “more rigorous, more thorough, and more directly tailored to the needs of Douglas County students” than the Common Core national standards."

Common core raises national standards if the state will accept them and raises student progress, and if a district feels they can up their standards then let them if their students can handle it. That doesn't mean common core is bad it's actually great for the country as a whole and forces the bad districts to do better. That's good for our country in Math and English. I don't see a problem.

Common core raises national standards if the state will accept them and raises student progress, and if a district feels they can up their standards then let them if their students can handle it. That doesn't mean common core is bad it's actually great for the country as a whole and forces the bad districts to do better. That's good for our country in Math and English. I don't see a problem.

According to the Common Core national testing which includes upper income districts, it's failing. It's been failing since it was initiated or for the last 4 years. We have students in school that can barely speak English let alone read it or understand it, that are given these tests which bring the scoring system down. We have mentally challenged kids, those with Downe syndrome or that are severely autistic, in the same classroom with normal students. All of these kids are bunched together and we expect teachers to be able to teach in this enviroment? When the tests scores come in low, who do most people blame? The teacher. There are actually proposals out there to tie in a teachers pay scale according to the test scores, which invites fraud. What about the good teacher that has more of a share of mentally challenged or more kids in her class where parental help and guidance is non existent. What about the teacher who is desperately trying to teach 2nd grade math, but has a few students in that class, that can't read English?

This is what happens when the Federal Government meddles in state and local issues.

Oreo, common core is not going away, it is supported by both parties, so forget it, hmm

Perhaps American pride takes a step waaaaay back and we adopt the Finnish model. Or we can assume that some people should be working lower wage jobs and accept that... which is a version of pure slavery.

We don't want or need factory workers and those jobs are best left for those employers having a very very very hard time filling those useless positions.

Oreo, common core is not going away, it is supported by both parties, so forget it, hmm

I think state legislatures around the country, you know those that are worried about keeping their JOBS are more than a little concerned about Common Core, and are feeling the heat.

I know this is a hot button issue within the Colorado State legislature right now. Douglas County is challenging it, because their standards were higher than common core.

Last edited:
Perhaps American pride takes a step waaaaay back and we adopt the Finnish model. Or we can assume that some people should be working lower wage jobs and accept that... which is a version of pure slavery.

Good grief, Common Core is the Finnish model.

Forum List

Back