Common core math problems ..

Are you serious right now? That problem is simple. I find it hard to believe anyone got into any deep mathematics couldn't solve that very simple problem.

The electrical engineer couldn't figure it out.

The answer is that jack started out right, jumping by 100's three times, but then he started jumping by 10's, six times, instead of jumping by ten once, and by one six times.

Common core math is all about trying, its obvious to see..there is no correct answers in a mathematics way.
Really? Now I am interested..

Question 17 from the same anti common core website you got your question from, was based on the answers from question 15 and question 16.

Showing that many questions on the test, are based on answers to previous questions.

So logic says you answer question 24 comparing Midnight to Rusty, is, based on question 23 about Rusty.
Right, both questions were deceptive, when shown alone.

Fort fun Indiana read the entire link, radical right keeps on claiming he has the link to the other questions..but won't post them and his link is blured

Common core math is all about trying, its obvious to see..there is no correct answers in a mathematics way.
Really? Now I am interested..

Question 17 from the same anti common core website you got your question from, was based on the answers from question 15 and question 16.

Showing that many questions on the test, are based on answers to previous questions.

So logic says you answer question 24 comparing Midnight to Rusty, is, based on question 23 about Rusty.
Right, both questions were deceptive, when shown alone.

Fort fun Indiana read the entire link, radical right keeps on claiming he has the link to the other questions..but won't post them and his link is blured
Either there was more information involved not shown, or it was just a case of poor textbook editing. This has literally nothing to do with common core methods, so I don't get the point. That being the case, it makes it seem even MORE likely to me that there is deception, here..

Common core math is all about trying
No, it's about gaining an intuitive sense of numbers, and being able to handle math in your head.

Exactly. It's to figure out if the answer they got from their calculator makes sense.

Like when you accidently hit the X key instead of the + key, and you get an answer in the thousands, that you figured should have been in the low hundreds.

No, it's about gaining an intuitive sense of numbers, and being able to handle math in your head.

Exactly. It's to figure out if the answer they got from their calculator makes sense.

Like when you accidently hit the X key instead of the + key, and you get an answer in the thousands, that you figured should have been in the low hundreds.
EXACTLY.

Now you're a liar in addition to being a fraud. I made no such claim. I searched for the question on google, where I found it referred to as a middle school (not first grade like you claimed) question. And later I googled the picture, and found it on anti common core blogs.

We had common core in Morocco so did most countries, and we scored always higher than american students....even when we came here and we took math, the average of us scored A+ easily, so did so many of my friends from Asia and Europe while american students did struggle. Is that right path to get students interested in math and encourage more to pursue higher math.

American students are trained to be mindless Democrats, so beating them in math is no big deal
If that makes you feel better, beleive it.

We had common core in Morocco so did most countries, and we scored always higher than american students....even when we came here and we took math, the average of us scored A+ easily, so did so many of my friends from Asia and Europe while american students did struggle. Is that right path to get students interested in math and encourage more to pursue higher math.

American students are trained to be mindless Democrats, so beating them in math is no big deal

This isn't math it's word scramble ...like this one, are teachers trying to teach children how to lie?

Yes officer I had 8 beers + 5 beers so that equals 10 beers

View attachment 172436
I o what do you suggest to change it to?

This isn't math it's word scramble ...like this one, are teachers trying to teach children how to lie?

Yes officer I had 8 beers + 5 beers so that equals 10 beers

View attachment 172436

If that were my kid Id go to the school and give the teacher a Sonny Corleone Garbage can lid beating

"You common core my kid again, I'll kill ya"
Then you just home school your kid.

Well there is this also...

Moroccan Math and Science Education Struggling, But Improving: Survey
I have tons of friends that went on to study both Europe/US/Canada they all excel in most subjects especially science and math.
We always joked about how easy it's here in the US comparecomparsd to Europe for example. It's a known fact...an internet search can' help you with that, weve lived it.

It looks like the complete question to me

cimg0172-1-jpg.172501

You're a shithead moron. They talk about Midnight, giving the amount he eats in a week, and have you calculate what he eats in a day, and then compare it to RUSTY, who must have been the subject of a previous question.

Why try to bullshit people?
Typical rightwing tactic of providing content out of context to support their propaganda

The test obviously requires you to solve parts of the problem as you go along

Come on someone here at USMB can help me figure out my first grade home work...

What's the answer to these two simple common core math questions?

View attachment 172410

View attachment 172411

You silly thing. You left out part of the question.You will never figure it out until you read the entire thing. Ask your teacher for help.

What part of the question? Can you read them....

What's the answers

Undefined.

Greg

According to the left, math is about feelings. There is no right or wrong.

cimg0172-1-jpg.172501

You're a shithead moron. They talk about Midnight, giving the amount he eats in a week, and have you calculate what he eats in a day, and then compare it to RUSTY, who must have been the subject of a previous question.

Typical rightwing tactic of providing content out of context to support their propaganda

So now arthimitic is a story board? A book ? Word scramble?

1 + 1 =?

But in this case it's not arithmetic...its a damn story board ...thats reading trying to figure out the right answer that the teacher wants you to find..

It's not teach children how to think, but what you want them to think... indoctrination.

Well there is this also...

Moroccan Math and Science Education Struggling, But Improving: Survey
I have tons of friends that went on to study both Europe/US/Canada they all excel in most subjects especially science and math.
We always joked about how easy it's here in the US comparecomparsd to Europe for example. It's a known fact...an internet search can' help you with that, weve lived it.

Then where is these great mathematical wizards from Europe/mocco solving string theory or quantum physics?

cimg0172-1-jpg.172501

1 + 1 =?

But in this case it's not arithmetic...its a damn story board ...thats reading trying to figure out the right answer that the teacher wants you to find..

It's not teach children how to think, but what you want them to think... indoctrination.
Actually, the information needed to solve the problem was provided in the previous question

Information deceptively left out of the OP

Math problems in real life are not given to you as....1 + 1

cimg0172-1-jpg.172501

1 + 1 =?

Actually, the information needed to solve the problem was provided in the previous question

7 cups ?

cimg0172-1-jpg.172501

1 + 1 =?

7 cups ?

Since when do you make arthimitic a story board...?

A boss tells you to make sure you have 50 widgets in inventory, you see you have 9 left, are you going to order 50 widgets @ $10,000 grand a piece or order 41?

EXACTLY.

Exactly what? Hey did you know you can write shell oil on a calculator by doing this?

710 77342

Turn your calculator upside down, it's a fossil fuel conspiracy I tell you !!!!!

Forum List

Back