Commentary- Cheating is Cheating!!! the Corrupt World of MLB

hylandrdet

Oct 5, 2004
Tennessee
OK, let's get this straight. You can't take steroids, but you can alter the ball, steal signals, make dangerous slides and intentionally hit players with baseballs. :wtf:

As we dwell upon the scandals concerning Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire, Sammy Sosa, Jose Canseco and now Raphael Palmeiro, I still can't help but to realize that major league baseball is nothing more than sports enternainment, much like the WWE!!! Why? Because like Vince McMahon, Bud Selig, also known as B.S., has consistently "turned the other cheek", when it comes to maintaining the integrity of the game and chose whatever it took to market the product.

Take for example the steroids scandal. Yes it's cheating, but what about the other forms of cheating.

Ask the "Brooklin Dodgers" fans about the famous "The Giants Win the Pennant" game. Many of them still complain that the Giants were stealing signals during that game.

What about Don Drysdale? Hall of Famer and the master of the "spitball", the most illegal form of pitching in baseball.

Then you have Sammy Sosa. When in doubt, either use a corked bat or dropkick the crap out of anyone who attempts to tag you out.

What about Roger Clemens, who was quoted as to be interested on how Barry Bond's patented elbow pad could hold up to his fastball? Roger plunked Barry three days later, right on the padded elbow.

Cheating is Cheating, period!!! To place one form of cheating above the others is hypocritical PERIOD!!! To decide who goes into the Hall of Fame based on a sliding scale of cheating is crazy, PERIOD!!! To have the most immoral leadership in MLB history, in charge of it all, is like having the prisoners running the prison, PERIOD!!!

Love to hear your thoughts!

Well, let's see:

Stealing signals: yeah, it's probably cheating, but if you're communicating one the playing field, and the other team can figure it out, get some new signals.

Intentional beaning of players: it's illegal, and last time I checked, it gets a pitcher tossed from the game.

Corked bats and altered balls have been illegal for some time, and MLB enforces those rules pretty well, as far as I can tell.

I hope that the league cracks down on steroid use harder than it has. First offense ought to be a one-month suspension, second offense should be a lifetime ban.

gop_jeff said:
Well, let's see:

Stealing signals: yeah, it's probably cheating, but if you're communicating one the playing field, and the other team can figure it out, get some new signals.

Intentional beaning of players: it's illegal, and last time I checked, it gets a pitcher tossed from the game.

Corked bats and altered balls have been illegal for some time, and MLB enforces those rules pretty well, as far as I can tell.

I hope that the league cracks down on steroid use harder than it has. First offense ought to be a one-month suspension, second offense should be a lifetime ban.

I agree. Stealing signals from the other team is no different than using a foreign language to communicate with each other (that the other team doesn't understand).

Beaning and corked bats: illegal and ejection. Problem solved.

The steroid policy is a joke. If they are serious their "sentences" would be serious too.

Every sport has "cheating." Football - pulling a jersey and trying to get away with it. Soccer - the goalie moves off his line before he is suppose to during a penalty kick. Hockey - kicking the puck in to the net.

All minor when you look at the big picture.

Here is one that amazes me. Nascar - one driver bumping another car in the back. These guys are driving at high speeds and it is "common practice" to tap another car? And if that care spins out into the infield or the wall, then so be it?

Innocent? Remember Dale Earnhardt?

Forum List

Back