Coming Soon To A Public School Near You?

GubmintSchools.jpg

TRANSLATION: "I cannot dispute the source material, and will therefore make no comment."

Your translator sucks as bad as the rest of your workings.

I said "find the whole report". The cherrypicked clip is obviously out of context.

TRANSLATION: "I cannot dispute the source material, and will therefore make no comment."

I said "find the whole report". The cherrypicked clip is obviously out of context.

What you said is of no consequence. The clip is self-explanatory and in context to its message.

From "big league news" no less!

View attachment 297165

So dispute the source material.

Find the whole report.

What you said is of no consequence. The clip is self-explanatory and in context to its message.

Only if you are a gullible moron.

Oh, wait!

Speak for yourself.
And you too speak for whom? I say most kids can barely print their name at age 6- do you have evidence to the contrary?
I know what I was doing at the age of 5 and 6. Can't say about you. I had somehow gotten very interested in medicine and the local supermarket had volumes of some sort of 12-volume medical encyclopedia for sale, a new volume available on some cardboard endcap every week or month. They were $1 per volume. I was adamant that my dad buy them and he did. I read and studied the whole thing and still have the set! Would you like to see a picture of them and the inside sleeve (early 60s)? I was likewise also began writing around that time, probably my own stories and things and soon typing thereafter on a cheap blue SC little typewriter that had a nice snap-on cover. Soon after that I began buying models of the heart, ear, sinus, the visible man, brain, etc., the local store had models of the human body and I was crazy about them (you assembled, glued and painted them and some of them came apart). Quite a different environment than today. I wish I had kept some of them. One even had a rubber diaphragm to simulate the lungs and we used to stick a cigarette in his mouth and could make him inhale a puff and watch the smoke (the whole thing was clear).

It wasn't long after that I became interested in chemistry and likewise, you could buy all manner of stuff at the local store: I remember having a 50 or 100 chemical chemistry set complete with Gilbert microscope (I still have that), bunsen burner, protozoa chamber, slides, test tubes, rubber tubing, and a variety of flasks from Erlenmeyer to distillation, stands, clamps, the works. This was all before the age of ten or twelve by the most by then my interests had moved onto astronomy. But the medicine/anatomy and story writing definitely started around the age of 5-6 (1962-63).

Re: post 17- one size does not fit all- anecdotal evidence is just that. There are exceptions to every rule, see "one size does not fit all"-

Speak for yourself.
And you too speak for whom? I say most kids can barely print their name at age 6- do you have evidence to the contrary?
I know what I was doing at the age of 5 and 6. Can't say about you. I had somehow gotten very interested in medicine and the local supermarket had volumes of some sort of 12-volume medical encyclopedia for sale, a new volume available on some cardboard endcap every week or month. They were $1 per volume. I was adamant that my dad buy them and he did. I read and studied the whole thing and still have the set! Would you like to see a picture of them and the inside sleeve (early 60s)? I was likewise also began writing around that time, probably my own stories and things and soon typing thereafter on a cheap blue SC little typewriter that had a nice snap-on cover. Soon after that I began buying models of the heart, ear, sinus, the visible man, brain, etc., the local store had models of the human body and I was crazy about them (you assembled, glued and painted them and some of them came apart). Quite a different environment than today. I wish I had kept some of them. One even had a rubber diaphragm to simulate the lungs and we used to stick a cigarette in his mouth and could make him inhale a puff and watch the smoke (the whole thing was clear).

It wasn't long after that I became interested in chemistry and likewise, you could buy all manner of stuff at the local store: I remember having a 50 or 100 chemical chemistry set complete with Gilbert microscope (I still have that), bunsen burner, protozoa chamber, slides, test tubes, rubber tubing, and a variety of flasks from Erlenmeyer to distillation, stands, clamps, the works. This was all before the age of ten or twelve by the most by then my interests had moved onto astronomy. But the medicine/anatomy and story writing definitely started around the age of 5-6 (1962-63).

I had all those models too. My room was filled with body parts, giant insects, spacecraft and monsters. Most popular kid's room on the block.

Re: post 17- one size does not fit all- anecdotal evidence is just that. There are exceptions to every rule, see "one size does not fit all"-
You asked. I skipped several grades then left public school in the 9th altogether for private school. In my experience (I have taught / tutored and still do to this day) the school system has been dumbed down considerably since I was a kid. I feel sorry for kids growing up today as I do the world. I have never seen more idiots.

Forum List

Back