Comic Books getting into the act.

Marvel Comics' depiction of anti-tax protesters inspires anger, apology - Yahoo! News

Simply unbelievable. Do freedom and tax relief so threaten the left that no boundaries exist?

The VAST LEFT WING CONSPIRACY EXPANDS TO INCLUDE......

COMIC BOOKS!?!?!? OH NOES!

Seriously, this is getting a bit ridiculous. Aren't you guys supposed to be all about freedom of speech? Since when is literature (if you consider comics literature) supposed to be free from bias?

From all the threads started here every day about "libs" who are protesting free speech - like the Focus on the Family Superbowl ad - why do you cons have such a problem with free speech?

Seriously, this is getting a bit ridiculous. Aren't you guys supposed to be all about freedom of speech? Since when is literature (if you consider comics literature) supposed to be free from bias?

From all the threads started here every day about "libs" who are protesting free speech - like the Focus on the Family Superbowl ad - why do you cons have such a problem with free speech?

You should read the fine print to their statements. It's not free speech. It's our kind of free speech.

Marvel Comics' depiction of anti-tax protesters inspires anger, apology - Yahoo! News

Simply unbelievable. Do freedom and tax relief so threaten the left that no boundaries exist?

ive seen it work both ways Doc.....so calm down....

"Both ways"? You mean liberals are just as hypocritical?

I'm shocked.

Seriously, the "they did it first" excuse didn't work in kindergarten, and it's not going to work now.

You should read the fine print to their statements. It's not free speech. It's our kind of free speech.

Anyone with intelligence realizes its freedom with respect to someone's government not with respect to someone's wishes. There was a christian guy who got kicked out of a mall in california. That clearly was a violation of his freedom of speech but since it was not done by the government then it was well within the rights of the mall owner because the mall owner, like everyone else, doesn't have to respect your rights to free speech. This is why it is legal to tell someone to 'shut up' but its illegal for the government to do so.

Anyone with intelligence realizes its freedom with respect to someone's government not with respect to someone's wishes. There was a christian guy who got kicked out of a mall in california. That clearly was a violation of his freedom of speech but since it was not done by the government then it was well within the rights of the mall owner because the mall owner, like everyone else, doesn't have to respect your rights to free speech. This is why it is legal to tell someone to 'shut up' but its illegal for the government to do so.

Are you trying to imply that Marvel violated some law? Whackjob.

Are you trying to imply that Marvel violated some law? Whackjob.

Did I say that? I don't think I did but was merely pointing out that no one is breaking any aspect of the first amendment by demanding that Marvel take down that comic.

Marvel is a business, and they broke one of the major rules of business, they offended a part of the buying public over political ideology.

This is why Marvel appologized and pulled the references, it was bad for business.

Did I say that? I don't think I did but was merely pointing out that no one is breaking any aspect of the first amendment by demanding that Marvel take down that comic.

The Tea Parties pressured Marvel to get rid of it. Imagine if one of them was President and it was a news piece that was demanded to be taken down because it offended the tea party?

Or how about this:

Barack Obama pressures Fox News to take down joke about his Administration.

All of a sudden, you'd be flipping the fuck out calling for his impeachment.

This is a form of censorship and it's wrong. Try to spin that.

Marvel is a business, and they broke one of the major rules of business, they offended a part of the buying public over political ideology.

This is why Marvel appologized and pulled the references, it was bad for business.

See my post above.

The Tea Parties pressured Marvel to get rid of it. Imagine if one of them was President and it was a news piece that was demanded to be taken down because it offended the tea party?

Or how about this:

Barack Obama pressures Fox News to take down joke about his Administration.

All of a sudden, you'd be flipping the fuck out calling for his impeachment.

This is a form of censorship and it's wrong. Try to spin that.
What US president was portrayed as a bad guy and linked with setting up a monarchy in 'Captain America?'

Glenn Beck and Michael Moore do just fine, and they insult large portions of the potential market for a living.

Marvel apologized because the men are all castrated.

Spook

The DC Comics character Poison Ivy is a notorious eco-terrorist. She is one of the featured villains in the upcoming television series "Gotham" (Fox TV).

Hey, we can mix accidental politics with comic books...as long as the media is available.

ca.jpg

"Both ways"? You mean liberals are just as hypocritical?

I'm shocked.

Seriously, the "they did it first" excuse didn't work in kindergarten, and it's not going to work now.
And yet the left has used that very excuse since 2009 with everything that Obama has done. Fast and Furious? Why Bush had a similar program first. Patriot Act? Well republicans created it so they are to blame for the Dems renewing it for 6 years. War in the Middle east? Well Bush did it first. Shall I go on?

Forum List

Back