Columbia Students

Not the first time these ugly little shits have acted out. They invited the minutemen to speak and then, threw stuff, heckled them and stormed the stage.. ugly little librul twits.

And their same likes potend to project what they do on Tea Party folks?

Let them continue. They only serve to paint themselves into the corner if irrelevance.

They paint their own labels on themselves as kooks and nutburgers, and they do it very well.

I'd like to know how you arrived at the idea that this veteran, wounded in Iraq, was defending the right of those protesters to be "punk ass pussies." Please explain.

You say you want to go back in time. How about back to the sixties and the Vietnam protests. Do you believe the American sons and brothers who were needlessly killed and maimed in Vietnam were defending the protesters' right to be "punk ass pussies?" If so, please explain.

I submit that if you wish to go back to a time when our troops were legitimately deployed in the defense of America and Americans you need to go back to the 1940s.

What I'm getting at is the Iraq invasion and occupation came about as the result of calculated criminal deception. It was wholly unnecessary military aggression and a violation of International Law. It was (is) a war crime and has absolutely nothing to do with defending America or American interests. In fact it has caused irreparable harm to our Nation, both materially and in terms of our reputation and status in the world community.

What do unnecessary wars have to do with the soldiers who are doing their jobs fighting them? Other than the obvious? Are you saying that there's no divide between between the two? People join the military for various reasons but once they are on the front lines in the shit,they fight for their brothers & sisters beside them. When many of our soldiers become conflicted when they have to leave battle due to injury or their time is up,the reason they are conflicted is what? Because they feel like they are deserting their objective or their brothers & sisters that they bled with on the battlefield? You like throwing the baby out with the bath water,eh?

And yes they fought for the rights of pussies to be pussies in every example you mentioned. If god forbid we were ever invaded on our own soil,who will be protecting your life & freedom? Big Bird & & the rest of the Sesame Street gang? Are you going to tell them that because they may have done something you think was unnecessary while doing their jobs,you would refuse their help & protection? A group of rangers are the only thing in between you & a death squad. Are you going to tell them "move aside,you unnecessary instruments of unnecessary wars!"? I bet you would think they were pretty damn necessary then. Newsflash,part of their job is protecting you if that situation ever came to be. Yes,even if you are a vet disrespecting draft dodging hippy pussy who spits on vets & calls them baby killers. If you are dead,your need for having rights & freedom kinda dies with you...other than your right to burial of course.

Lastly,soldiers are always legitimately deployed even if the war they are fighting is unnecessary. A. Because again it's their job. B. Because if they don't fight,the kind of pussies who would disrespect a vet shot 11 times while doing his job would get drafted & forced to do something our soldiers do voluntarily every day.
American soldiers who are deployed in a criminal military aggression are not legitimately deployed. If you can't understand that you have a problem with abstract reasoning. There is absolutely nothing legitimate about what we have done and are doing in the Middle East. Our invasion of Iraq was about as legitimate as was the Third Reich's invasion of Poland.

I joined the Marine Corps for four years in 1956. That was a time when no American would have believed how corrupted their Nation's government would become. I would not join the military today unless the U.S. were attacked, which is why my father and two uncles enlisted in 1941.

The student protesters at Columbia (an alma mater, incidentally) are not pussies and to denounce them as such is adolescent and patronizingly unintelligent. They are no different from the students who protested the Vietnam atrocities. They are capable of abstract reasoning and are not receptive to the kind of pseudo-patriotic okey-doke that affects far too many Americans, blinding them to the reality of what their government has done and is doing in the Middle East.

So instead of rationalizing a synthetic purpose for joining the military, which places one in a position to be killed or maimed, or to kill or maim, for absolutely no justifiable or decent reason, you'd be better serving your country, its people and yourself by protesting what you know, or should know, to be wrong in every way. Because as long as there are men, and now women, who are willing to place themselves in harm's way for an enlistment bonus or some perverse desire for adventure we will never withdraw from Iraq or Afghanistan. Soldiers and Marines who enlisted after the Iraq invasion and were killed or wounded are deserving of sympathy, not gratitude. And there is nothing they can say to justify or dignify what the American military has been wrongfully committed to doing in the Middle East. Wrong is wrong and nothing can make it right.

What we are engaged in is another Vietnam. If you approve of it what you should do is enlist tomorrow morning and put your body where your beliefs are. And if there is some reason why you are not eligible for service you really shouldn't be cheering others on.

When our soldiers came back from Vietnam & went through the gauntlets of protesters spitting on them & calling them baby killers,did the protesters ask who was drafted & who volunteered before they spit on them? Abstract reason that. If you can't see the tragic irony there,I'm gonna have to question your ability to abstract reason. No matter the reason for war or whether our soldiers fought voluntarily or by force,they always seem to get the shaft in some way. A soldier fights a war such as WW2 & comes back a hero & rightfully so. A soldier fights in a war such as Vietnam & he's a baby killer who should be ashamed,spit on & exiled? To add insult to injury,the ones who come back wounded mentally,physically or both get shitty aftercare. But they only deserve our sympathy,not our gratitude & respect,right?

IMO,we should have never got involved with the Middle East in the first place,just like many other conflicts,occupations or whatever our government has got us into past or present. But it is what is. Like it or not,we are in for the long haul. I myself only approve of wars that are necessary. Would our soldiers be more legitimately deployed if they were drafted & forced to fight our government's dirty wars? You can't have it both ways. If nobody shows up to fight,guess what happens. You think a protest sign is going to make you exempt from being drafted?

Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

Mock and Jeer a wounded Iraq war vet as he tried to speak.

Columbia University students heckled a war hero during a town-hall meeting on whether ROTC should be allowed back on campus.

"Racist!" some students yelled at Anthony Maschek, a Columbia freshman and former Army staff sergeant awarded the Purple Heart after being shot 11 times in a firefight in northern Iraq in February 2008. Others hissed and booed the veteran.

Maschek, 28, had bravely stepped up to the mike Tuesday at the meeting to issue an impassioned challenge to fellow students on their perceptions of the military.

"It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting," said Maschek. "There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

Matthew McDermott
CLASH: Veteran Anthony Maschek (above, with fiancée Angela O'Neill) faced heckling from fellow Columbia students over ROTC.
Several students laughed and jeered the Idaho native, a 10th Mountain Division infantryman who spent two years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington recovering from grievous wounds

Read more: Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

People raise nasty disrespectful little peices of liberal shit nowadays don't they?

Everyone has the right to free speech. That man fought for and nearly died for that right.

Why would any decent human use this right we cherrish to treat a Veteran in such a way?

What's missing in a persons soul that they don't stop and think before doing such a vile thing?

Doesn't matter, in 20 years liberals will say it didn't happen and those that show that it did are just clever liars.

Everyone has the right to free speech. That man fought for and nearly died for that right.

Why would any decent human use this right we cherrish to treat a Veteran in such a way?

What's missing in a persons soul that they don't stop and think before doing such a vile thing?

Doesn't matter, in 20 years liberals will say it didn't happen and those that show that it did are just clever liars.

Sure..everyone has the right to free speech. Even speech you disagree with. Like Students protesting the military.

There is more to national defense and security than just protecting the shores or reacting when attacked. Even a lefty administration like the current one understands this. That's why we are still engaged in the Middle East and Gitmo has not closed and probably never will. American interests abroad means military spending double what the rest of the world spends combined. I'm not always thrilled with being the world's police force, but they do not want a world where we are not. Just ask wikileaks.

As previously mentioned, approving of the present conflict or not should have no influence on one's treatment of American military members. When one tells us that there are bad men out there wanting to hurt you, he is correct. When someone tells a military member that they are not protecting their right to blather on with their lefty shit, they are wrong.

Since others felt a need to disclose their military status, I will tell about mine. I spent 26 years as a Navy Corpsman which included three FMF tours. My son will commission in the U.S. Marine Corps in July. I am not a far right righty since I favor security over freedom. I don't mind being wire-tapped tonight if it keeps me from being dirty bombed or worse on my way to work tomorrow. As John Stuart Mill wrote, the only time freedom should be restricted is when harm will come to others. Even though the free world celebrates with the revolutionaries throughout the Middle East, reality has security lovers like me and hopefully the U.S. government keeping a close watch on the situation. That close watch should be accompanied by swift action whenever and wherever needed if American interests are threatened.

:clap2:

Thank you for your service,sir. Thank your son for me as well.

Thank you.

Sure..everyone has the right to free speech. Even speech you disagree with. Like Students protesting the military.

so you see no difference between a recruiter takening some shit at a stand and a specific member getting treated like crap?

This is what's wrong.

You have no reference of proper conduct and respect. That man paid for his respect in blood, and has earned a few moments of silence while he spoke.

so you see no difference between a recruiter takening some shit at a stand and a specific member getting treated like crap?

This is what's wrong.

You have no reference of proper conduct and respect. That man paid for his respect in blood, and has earned a few moments of silence while he spoke.

John Kerry paid for respect in blood..look where it got him.

That's the country folks...

This is what's wrong.

Kerry's subsequent actions negated any respect a rational; person might have for him.

This is what's wrong.

Kerry's subsequent actions negated any respect a rational; person might have for him.

Never mind John Fing Kerry is a liar...

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

This is what's wrong.

In my book..it doesn't give anyone a license to lie about his service.

You can disagree with his viewpoint all you want.

This is what's wrong.

And when he was given crap?

Honorable men told those people to stfu. Until it was found out he was full of shit about what he did.

This is what's wrong.

And when he was given crap?

Honorable men told those people to stfu. Until it was found out he was full of shit about what he did.

They were told to STFU after the election. Mission accomplished.

Do I have your permission to not respect him?

You don't need my permission. Just as the folks at Columbia don't need any permission or are compelled to respect anyone for anything.

It's the country folks..

There's a vast difference between disagreeing and making a public spectacle of yourself to shit on another person, let alone a Vet.

Forum List

Back