Columbia Students

all obie wan has to do is end it. did you vote for hymn?
Assuming you are referring to Obama, I voted for him because it was him or McCain. My first choice was Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel.

I agree with you that Obama could end it if he chose to. I am completely disappointed by him and disgusted with his deceptive nature. But I do maintain he is a distinct improvement over Bush.
Obama an improvement over Bush? Laughable. Obama is quite possibly even worse than carter, that is the bottom of the barrel.

in your OPINION...

and you know what they say about "opinions".

wacko.

why is it posters who use "america" or "patriot" or any other jingoistic BS in their nics are always loons?

like tea people outshouting and shrieking down their elected officials? teaching manners like that?

No.

That is also very rude and unacceptable.

while there are not written rules, being rude just b/c you don't agree with a person is a poor reflection on you, not the person.

All those antics made me keep my distance from the TP.

And if you were pissed at the TP for that, you should be just as pissed at those young adults acting like brats.

I already said both were unacceptable.

Unlike the "T" thing who thanked you for your post.

History is filled with bad things being done to politicians, and with pols doing bad things.
the stress of war drives good people to the edge of sanity.

Get a rifle, your own or a freinds, tuck yourself away somewhere so you can't be seen, aim that rifle at someone, anyone, then imagine pulling the trigger and ending thier life.

It will be unpleasant. And the idea that Vets are killing before being killed doesn't always help.

Now imagine you're standing your ground over something you absolutly beleive in. Imagine someone shooting you, 11 times, yet you live.

You go to give a speech about what you beleive in. You get booed, called a lezbo, and hissed at chumps that don't know anything about what it means to stand for something.

Then hear that someone said "well they do it to politicians."

get it?

It's not the same, not even close.

but that does not excuse what the TP did to pols, but it is NOT on the same level as what those spoiled fucking brats did to that Vet, not even close.

Assuming you are referring to Obama, I voted for him because it was him or McCain. My first choice was Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel.

I agree with you that Obama could end it if he chose to. I am completely disappointed by him and disgusted with his deceptive nature. But I do maintain he is a distinct improvement over Bush.
Obama an improvement over Bush? Laughable. Obama is quite possibly even worse than carter, that is the bottom of the barrel.

in your OPINION...

and you know what they say about "opinions".

wacko.

why is it posters who use "america" or "patriot" or any other jingoistic BS in their nics are always loons?
Ya' mean like the 13 year old kid who was chastised by his liberal principal for flying an american flag on his bike, and was told by said principal he couldn't park it on school grounds unless the flag was taken off......That kid was a loon also, eh?

You remember, when you said that flying an american flag on his bike "was just plain silly"?

What's with you Jillian. What do you have against people showing pride in their country?

Last edited:
how saddening.

What part of this would you change?

Do like my Mom and Dad did.

Teach basic manners.

If you're wondering "what about yourside?" The shouting down of people when they spoke by the TP is what keeps me away from them.

People need to be able to say thier piece in peace. The only exception I tolerate is TV interviews. There's a time limit and poloticians love the sound of thier own voices.

You can't legislate good manners. Long as these folks are painting in the lines..they have every right to disagree.

What part of this would you change?

Teach basic manners.

If you're wondering "what about yourside?" The shouting down of people when they spoke by the TP is what keeps me away from them.

People need to be able to say thier piece in peace. The only exception I tolerate is TV interviews. There's a time limit and poloticians love the sound of thier own voices.

You can't legislate good manners. Long as these folks are painting in the lines..they have every right to disagree.

Not manners but everything else, eh Sallow?:lol:

Teach basic manners.

Not manners but everything else, eh Sallow?:lol:

"What" everything else?

There are some restrictions I'd like to see..true. I don't think people should have the right to "protest" personal religious ceremonies..or protest in front of people's private property. I also think we should do something about politicians and media people lying to the public.

But that's personal opinion..and it would be extremely hard to legislate those things.

O'Reilly called him on it. Or should you be loaned a hearing aid?

I don't want to watch this again. Give me the time sig where Kerry "lied".

Too bad. You saw it. Figure it out. You're a big boy, are you not?

I am a big man. I just hit 50 2 weeks ago.

And I saw it.

They had differences of opinion. But I didn't see any lies. This is why I am asking you to point them out.

I don't want to watch this again. Give me the time sig where Kerry "lied".

Too bad. You saw it. Figure it out. You're a big boy, are you not?

I am a big man. I just hit 50 2 weeks ago.

And I saw it.

They had differences of opinion. But I didn't see any lies. This is why I am asking you to point them out.

So what's your problem then? John F'ing kerrys' statements were full of fraud.

Sorry you don't know enough of the history of the subject to address it.

That's your problem. Not for me to point out to you.

There is more to national defense and security than just protecting the shores or reacting when attacked. Even a lefty administration like the current one understands this. That's why we are still engaged in the Middle East and Gitmo has not closed and probably never will. American interests abroad means military spending double what the rest of the world spends combined. I'm not always thrilled with being the world's police force, but they do not want a world where we are not. Just ask wikileaks.

As previously mentioned, approving of the present conflict or not should have no influence on one's treatment of American military members. When one tells us that there are bad men out there wanting to hurt you, he is correct. When someone tells a military member that they are not protecting their right to blather on with their lefty shit, they are wrong.

Since others felt a need to disclose their military status, I will tell about mine. I spent 26 years as a Navy Corpsman which included three FMF tours. My son will commission in the U.S. Marine Corps in July. I am not a far right righty since I favor security over freedom. I don't mind being wire-tapped tonight if it keeps me from being dirty bombed or worse on my way to work tomorrow. As John Stuart Mill wrote, the only time freedom should be restricted is when harm will come to others. Even though the free world celebrates with the revolutionaries throughout the Middle East, reality has security lovers like me and hopefully the U.S. government keeping a close watch on the situation. That close watch should be accompanied by swift action whenever and wherever needed if American interests are threatened.
All of the above amounts to one of the most articulate rationalizations for choosing to be a military lifer I've ever come across. You've really got yourself talked into it.

What are you trying to say here, that there was a good reason for the 58,000 Americans who died in Vietnam and the hundreds of thousands maimed and disfigured -- not to mention the hundreds of thousands of innocent Vietnamese who were killed and maimed? If so, please explain that reason.

Are you trying to say there was a good reason for the 4,000+ (thus far) who died in Iraq and the 100,000+ more who are maimed and/or disfigured there -- not to mention the tens of thousands of Iraqis, who never did a damn thing to us, killed or maimed? If so, please explain that reason.

There is a big psychological difference between you and me. I chose to fulfill my military obligation and when that was done I got out. Nothing they could say could get me to ship over because in my opinion military life Sucks with a capital S! You chose to stay in the military for twenty-six years, so it's understandable why you feel the need to glorify the reason. But please don't insult the intelligence of those of us who don't think it's a good idea to place our lives, or the lives of our loved ones, at the disposal of a self-serving aristocratic bastard like George W. Bush. Because that's exactly what the contemporary military is about.

This is not the 1950s. This is a much different America. Military service is no longer the patriotic obligation of every able-bodied young man. The American military has morphed into a de facto mercenary entity the current purpose of which bears no resemblance to the just and noble purpose it served in the 1940s.

There is more to national defense and security than just protecting the shores or reacting when attacked. Even a lefty administration like the current one understands this. That's why we are still engaged in the Middle East and Gitmo has not closed and probably never will. American interests abroad means military spending double what the rest of the world spends combined. I'm not always thrilled with being the world's police force, but they do not want a world where we are not. Just ask wikileaks.

As previously mentioned, approving of the present conflict or not should have no influence on one's treatment of American military members. When one tells us that there are bad men out there wanting to hurt you, he is correct. When someone tells a military member that they are not protecting their right to blather on with their lefty shit, they are wrong.

Since others felt a need to disclose their military status, I will tell about mine. I spent 26 years as a Navy Corpsman which included three FMF tours. My son will commission in the U.S. Marine Corps in July. I am not a far right righty since I favor security over freedom. I don't mind being wire-tapped tonight if it keeps me from being dirty bombed or worse on my way to work tomorrow. As John Stuart Mill wrote, the only time freedom should be restricted is when harm will come to others. Even though the free world celebrates with the revolutionaries throughout the Middle East, reality has security lovers like me and hopefully the U.S. government keeping a close watch on the situation. That close watch should be accompanied by swift action whenever and wherever needed if American interests are threatened.
All of the above amounts to one of the most articulate rationalizations for choosing to be a military lifer I've ever come across. You've really got yourself talked into it.

What are you trying to say here, that there was a good reason for the 58,000 Americans who died in Vietnam and the hundreds of thousands maimed and disfigured -- not to mention the hundreds of thousands of innocent Vietnamese who were killed and maimed? If so, please explain that reason.

Are you trying to say there was a good reason for the 4,000+ (thus far) who died in Iraq and the 100,000+ more who are maimed and/or disfigured there -- not to mention the tens of thousands of Iraqis, who never did a damn thing to us, killed or maimed? If so, please explain that reason.

There is a big psychological difference between you and me. I chose to fulfill my military obligation and when that was done I got out. Nothing they could say could get me to ship over because in my opinion military life Sucks with a capital S! You chose to stay in the military for twenty-six years, so it's understandable why you feel the need to glorify the reason. But please don't insult the intelligence of those of us who don't think it's a good idea to place our lives, or the lives of our loved ones, at the disposal of a self-serving aristocratic bastard like George W. Bush. Because that's exactly what the contemporary military is about.

This is not the 1950s. This is a much different America. Military service is no longer the patriotic obligation of every able-bodied young man. The American military has morphed into a de facto mercenary entity the current purpose of which bears no resemblance to the just and noble purpose it served in the 1940s.

The problem resides within YOU. Wake the hell up.

[...]

You've made a valid observation. The phenomenon is discussed at length in Dr. Erich Fromm's, Escape From Freedom, in which he identifies the authoritarian personality, which is clearly reflected in the kind of jingoism you refer to above. It is the same phenomenon that attended the rise of the Third Reich.

It is a compelling, however redundant, need to identify with a strong and domineering entity. It is the symbolic worship of authority.

[...]

You've made a valid observation. The phenomenon is discussed at length in Dr. Erich Fromm's, Escape From Freedom, in which he identifies the authoritarian personality, which is clearly reflected in the kind of jingoism you refer to above. It is the same phenomenon that attended the rise of the Third Reich.

It is a compelling, however redundant, need to identify with a strong and domineering entity. It is the symbolic worship of authority.

lol! More Leftist Wingnut BullShit. That's no reason to call this brave young man a "Racist." Shame on you Leftist nutters. You can try and justify your stupidity if you want to but common sense thinking people aren't buying it. I actually hope all those Leftist idiots in that audience who called him a "Racist" die very slow & painful deaths from massive rectal hemorrhaging. Have a nice day. :)

[...]

lol! More Leftist Wingnut BullShit. That's no reason to call this brave young man a "Racist." Shame on you Leftist nutters. You can try and justify your stupidity if you want to but common sense thinking people aren't buying it. I actually hope all those Leftist idiots in that audience who called him a "Racist" die very slow & painful deaths from massive rectal hemorrhaging. Have a nice day. :)

Justifying their stupidity? How about breathing the same air? They are a waste of protoplasm.

[...]

What a fuckin' douchebag........Paranoid lil' liberal punk.......Nothin' new to see here.

Same ol same ol

Christ, liberals are whimpy fuckin' idiots!:cuckoo:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just heard the clip on this... what a bunch of idiots. And the irony is, no doubt they see themselves at he best and the brightest; they are neither. They're pathetic and useless and will be the first to demand protection at the mere hint of any trouble.

Fucking cowards.

Forum List

Back