Columbia Students

Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

Mock and Jeer a wounded Iraq war vet as he tried to speak.

Columbia University students heckled a war hero during a town-hall meeting on whether ROTC should be allowed back on campus.

"Racist!" some students yelled at Anthony Maschek, a Columbia freshman and former Army staff sergeant awarded the Purple Heart after being shot 11 times in a firefight in northern Iraq in February 2008. Others hissed and booed the veteran.

Maschek, 28, had bravely stepped up to the mike Tuesday at the meeting to issue an impassioned challenge to fellow students on their perceptions of the military.

"It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting," said Maschek. "There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

Matthew McDermott
CLASH: Veteran Anthony Maschek (above, with fiancée Angela O'Neill) faced heckling from fellow Columbia students over ROTC.
Several students laughed and jeered the Idaho native, a 10th Mountain Division infantryman who spent two years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington recovering from grievous wounds

Read more: Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

People raise nasty disrespectful little peices of liberal shit nowadays don't they?

You act like such a snobby little bitch! It's hilarious. Thank you.

I think, libruls think, their shit don't stink. can you just imagine them disrespecting a vet who has served his country? One wouldn't think so would one?

LMAO! You do it to me almost on a daily basis WT. There is no difference I can see as a twice wounded combat vet. Sounds like you could use a big cup of STFU this morning. LOL!

What kind of person talks like that? You fuckin 9 years old? Grow up. Oh wait, you can't, you subscribe to ignorance. Carry on.

I think, libruls think, their shit don't stink. can you just imagine them disrespecting a vet who has served his country? One wouldn't think so would one?

LMAO! You do it to me almost on a daily basis WT. There is no difference I can see as a twice wounded combat vet. Sounds like you could use a big cup of STFU this morning. LOL!
So, are you going to denounce what those LIBERAL students did to a fellow vet wounded in war?

I'm smellin' a rat here, people.........Nothing worse than poser rats.:eusa_liar:

Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

Columbia University students heckled a war hero during a town-hall meeting on whether ROTC should be allowed back on campus.

"Racist!" some students yelled at Anthony Maschek, a Columbia freshman and former Army staff sergeant awarded the Purple Heart after being shot 11 times in a firefight in northern Iraq in February 2008. Others hissed and booed the veteran.

Maschek, 28, had bravely stepped up to the mike Tuesday at the meeting to issue an impassioned challenge to fellow students on their perceptions of the military.

"It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting," said Maschek. "There are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

Matthew McDermott
CLASH: Veteran Anthony Maschek (above, with fiancée Angela O'Neill) faced heckling from fellow Columbia students over ROTC.
Several students laughed and jeered the Idaho native, a 10th Mountain Division infantryman who spent two years at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington recovering from grievous wounds

Read more: Wounded Iraq veteran jeered for speaking in Columbia University ROTC debate - NYPOST.com

People raise nasty disrespectful little peices of liberal shit nowadays don't they?

Columbia has a history of drowning out what they don't want to hear. this is however, apparently a new low. John Dewey pick up the red courtesy phone.

That's one of the cool things about this country. The military is beholden to the civilians..and not the other way around.:clap2:

So a few bad apples at a school mean all college students are liberal shits, but a few bad apples at a Tea Party rally are just that, bad apples that do not represent the whole.

Good to see the old double standard is in full swing.

Columbia has a history of drowning out what they don't want to hear. this is however, apparently a new low. John Dewey pick up the red courtesy phone.

That's one of the cool things about this country. The military is beholden to the civilians..and not the other way around.:clap2:

Non Sequitur

So a few bad apples at a school mean all college students are liberal shits, but a few bad apples at a Tea Party rally are just that, bad apples that do not represent the whole.

Good to see the old double standard is in full swing.

thats already been established has it not?

and I personally, never singled out a grp. I said Columbia.

and a Columbia auditorium is not a come on come all protest. if this were a one off, and non selective I would agree. the admin. there has allowed this happen time and again. they know who the students are and apparently don't have an issue with it. and its stretched beyond 4 years, easily. Thats imho, leads to a systemic issue...no?

Anyone have a time machine I can use? I want to go back in time to when the younger generation respected their elders & one could punch somebody in the mouth for disrespecting a vet,not to mention a wounded one & nobody would bat an eyelash. Hell they might even give you a pat on the back & buy you a beer after they get done helping you knock their teeth out. It's times like this when I wish they would bring back the draft. Maybe then they would show more appreciation toward a vet who was shot 11 times defending their right to be punk ass pussies.

College students are 12 year olds in a 20 year old body. Why would anyone be surprised by this behavior?

College students are 12 year olds in a 20 year old body. Why would anyone be surprised by this behavior?

12 is being generous. My son is 11 & knows better & he didn't even grow up in a military family like I did. Sadly,my father & all my uncles on both sides who served in either WW2,Korea or both passed away long before he got a chance to get to know them. Even without that exposure,he still gets it.

Anyone have a time machine I can use? I want to go back in time to when the younger generation respected their elders & one could punch somebody in the mouth for disrespecting a vet,not to mention a wounded one & nobody would bat an eyelash. Hell they might even give you a pat on the back & buy you a beer after they get done helping you knock their teeth out. It's times like this when I wish they would bring back the draft. Maybe then they would show more appreciation toward a vet who was shot 11 times defending their right to be punk ass pussies.
I'd like to know how you arrived at the idea that this veteran, wounded in Iraq, was defending the right of those protesters to be "punk ass pussies." Please explain.

You say you want to go back in time. How about back to the sixties and the Vietnam protests. Do you believe the American sons and brothers who were needlessly killed and maimed in Vietnam were defending the protesters' right to be "punk ass pussies?" If so, please explain.

I submit that if you wish to go back to a time when our troops were legitimately deployed in the defense of America and Americans you need to go back to the 1940s.

What I'm getting at is the Iraq invasion and occupation came about as the result of calculated criminal deception. It was wholly unnecessary military aggression and a violation of International Law. It was (is) a war crime and has absolutely nothing to do with defending America or American interests. In fact it has caused irreparable harm to our Nation, both materially and in terms of our reputation and status in the world community.

I'd like to know how you arrived at the idea that this veteran, wounded in Iraq, was defending the right of those protesters to be "punk ass pussies." Please explain.

You say you want to go back in time. How about back to the sixties and the Vietnam protests. Do you believe the American sons and brothers who were needlessly killed and maimed in Vietnam were defending the protesters' right to be "punk ass pussies?" If so, please explain.

I submit that if you wish to go back to a time when our troops were legitimately deployed in the defense of America and Americans you need to go back to the 1940s.

What I'm getting at is the Iraq invasion and occupation came about as the result of calculated criminal deception. It was wholly unnecessary military aggression and a violation of International Law. It was (is) a war crime and has absolutely nothing to do with defending America or American interests. In fact it has caused irreparable harm to our Nation, both materially and in terms of our reputation and status in the world community.

all obie wan has to do is end it. did you vote for hymn?

all obie wan has to do is end it. did you vote for hymn?
Assuming you are referring to Obama, I voted for him because it was him or McCain. My first choice was Dennis Kucinich or Mike Gravel.

I agree with you that Obama could end it if he chose to. I am completely disappointed by him and disgusted with his deceptive nature. But I do maintain he is a distinct improvement over Bush.

How%2BAbout%2BRooting%2Bfor%2BUs.jpg

Matthew McDermott

I'll bet very FEW if any of these little Statist freaks has ever been out of the Country, much less ther State or County...and suffer from denial of the real world.

Forum List

Back