Columbia Students

Anyone have a time machine I can use? I want to go back in time to when the younger generation respected their elders & one could punch somebody in the mouth for disrespecting a vet,not to mention a wounded one & nobody would bat an eyelash. Hell they might even give you a pat on the back & buy you a beer after they get done helping you knock their teeth out. It's times like this when I wish they would bring back the draft. Maybe then they would show more appreciation toward a vet who was shot 11 times defending their right to be punk ass pussies.

Another keyboard commando....another warmonger. Just what the board needs...:eusa_whistle:

"It doesn't matter how you feel about the war. It doesn't matter how you feel about fighting, there are bad men out there plotting to kill you."

Unfortunately those men are railroad and agribusiness CEOs

In order to meet the Newscorp standard of civility, they should have held signs like this

angry-child1.jpg

"each generation should be made to bear the burden of its own wars, instead of carrying them on, at the expence of other generations... that each generation should not only bear its own burdens, but that the taxes composing them, should include a due proportion of such as by their direct operation keep the people awake, along with those, which being wrapped up in other payments, may leave them asleep, to misapplications of their money."
-- James Madison, ('Universal Peace' from The National Gazette, February 2, 1792.)

Anyone have a time machine I can use? I want to go back in time to when the younger generation respected their elders & one could punch somebody in the mouth for disrespecting a vet,not to mention a wounded one & nobody would bat an eyelash. Hell they might even give you a pat on the back & buy you a beer after they get done helping you knock their teeth out. It's times like this when I wish they would bring back the draft. Maybe then they would show more appreciation toward a vet who was shot 11 times defending their right to be punk ass pussies.
I'd like to know how you arrived at the idea that this veteran, wounded in Iraq, was defending the right of those protesters to be "punk ass pussies." Please explain.

You say you want to go back in time. How about back to the sixties and the Vietnam protests. Do you believe the American sons and brothers who were needlessly killed and maimed in Vietnam were defending the protesters' right to be "punk ass pussies?" If so, please explain.

I submit that if you wish to go back to a time when our troops were legitimately deployed in the defense of America and Americans you need to go back to the 1940s.

What I'm getting at is the Iraq invasion and occupation came about as the result of calculated criminal deception. It was wholly unnecessary military aggression and a violation of International Law. It was (is) a war crime and has absolutely nothing to do with defending America or American interests. In fact it has caused irreparable harm to our Nation, both materially and in terms of our reputation and status in the world community.

What do unnecessary wars have to do with the soldiers who are doing their jobs fighting them? Other than the obvious? Are you saying that there's no divide between between the two? People join the military for various reasons but once they are on the front lines in the shit,they fight for their brothers & sisters beside them. When many of our soldiers become conflicted when they have to leave battle due to injury or their time is up,the reason they are conflicted is what? Because they feel like they are deserting their objective or their brothers & sisters that they bled with on the battlefield? You like throwing the baby out with the bath water,eh?

And yes they fought for the rights of pussies to be pussies in every example you mentioned. If god forbid we were ever invaded on our own soil,who will be protecting your life & freedom? Big Bird & & the rest of the Sesame Street gang? Are you going to tell them that because they may have done something you think was unnecessary while doing their jobs,you would refuse their help & protection? A group of rangers are the only thing in between you & a death squad. Are you going to tell them "move aside,you unnecessary instruments of unnecessary wars!"? I bet you would think they were pretty damn necessary then. Newsflash,part of their job is protecting you if that situation ever came to be. Yes,even if you are a vet disrespecting draft dodging hippy pussy who spits on vets & calls them baby killers. If you are dead,your need for having rights & freedom kinda dies with you...other than your right to burial of course.

Lastly,soldiers are always legitimately deployed even if the war they are fighting is unnecessary. A. Because again it's their job. B. Because if they don't fight,the kind of pussies who would disrespect a vet shot 11 times while doing his job would get drafted & forced to do something our soldiers do voluntarily every day.

I'd like to know how you arrived at the idea that this veteran, wounded in Iraq, was defending the right of those protesters to be "punk ass pussies." Please explain.

You say you want to go back in time. How about back to the sixties and the Vietnam protests. Do you believe the American sons and brothers who were needlessly killed and maimed in Vietnam were defending the protesters' right to be "punk ass pussies?" If so, please explain.

I submit that if you wish to go back to a time when our troops were legitimately deployed in the defense of America and Americans you need to go back to the 1940s.

What I'm getting at is the Iraq invasion and occupation came about as the result of calculated criminal deception. It was wholly unnecessary military aggression and a violation of International Law. It was (is) a war crime and has absolutely nothing to do with defending America or American interests. In fact it has caused irreparable harm to our Nation, both materially and in terms of our reputation and status in the world community.

What do unnecessary wars have to do with the soldiers who are doing their jobs fighting them? Other than the obvious? Are you saying that there's no divide between between the two? People join the military for various reasons but once they are on the front lines in the shit,they fight for their brothers & sisters beside them. When many of our soldiers become conflicted when they have to leave battle due to injury or their time is up,the reason they are conflicted is what? Because they feel like they are deserting their objective or their brothers & sisters that they bled with on the battlefield? You like throwing the baby out with the bath water,eh?

And yes they fought for the rights of pussies to be pussies in every example you mentioned. If god forbid we were ever invaded on our own soil,who will be protecting your life & freedom? Big Bird & & the rest of the Sesame Street gang? Are you going to tell them that because they may have done something you think was unnecessary while doing their jobs,you would refuse their help & protection? A group of rangers are the only thing in between you & a death squad. Are you going to tell them "move aside,you unnecessary instruments of unnecessary wars!"? I bet you would think they were pretty damn necessary then. Newsflash,part of their job is protecting you if that situation ever came to be. Yes,even if you are a vet disrespecting draft dodging hippy pussy who spits on vets & calls them baby killers. If you are dead,your need for having rights & freedom kinda dies with you...other than your right to burial of course.

Lastly,soldiers are always legitimately deployed even if the war they are fighting is unnecessary. A. Because again it's their job. B. Because if they don't fight,the kind of pussies who would disrespect a vet shot 11 times while doing his job would get drafted & forced to do something our soldiers do voluntarily every day.

woah! there is a huge difference between doing the duty you have enlisted for, and spreading propaganda for wars that are bankrupting our country. I can respect that he did what he was ordered to do. I cannot respect the latter

don't get me wrong. i respect such rhetoric even less from chickenhawks

Another keyboard commando....another warmonger. Just what the board needs...:eusa_whistle:

I'm just gonna assume that idiotic comments like these are coming from people from non military families that have no concept of making the distinction between war & the soldiers that fight them. In this case I'm against the Iraq war but not against the soldier who was shot 11 times while doing his job fighting in said stupid fucking war. Get it,Sparky? Whistle on that for awhile.

American soldiers who are deployed in a criminal military aggression are not legitimately deployed. If you can't understand that you have a problem with abstract reasoning. There is absolutely nothing legitimate about what we have done and are doing in the Middle East. Our invasion of Iraq was about as legitimate as was the Third Reich's invasion of Poland.

I joined the Marine Corps for four years in 1956. That was a time when no American would have believed how corrupted their Nation's government would become. I would not join the military today unless the U.S. were attacked, which is why my father and two uncles enlisted in 1941.

The student protesters at Columbia (an alma mater, incidentally) are not pussies and to denounce them as such is adolescent and patronizingly unintelligent. They are no different from the students who protested the Vietnam atrocities. They are capable of abstract reasoning and are not receptive to the kind of pseudo-patriotic okey-doke that affects far too many Americans, blinding them to the reality of what their government has done and is doing in the Middle East.

So instead of rationalizing a synthetic purpose for joining the military, which places one in a position to be killed or maimed, or to kill or maim, for absolutely no justifiable or decent reason, you'd be better serving your country, its people and yourself by protesting what you know, or should know, to be wrong in every way. Because as long as there are men, and now women, who are willing to place themselves in harm's way for an enlistment bonus or some perverse desire for adventure we will never withdraw from Iraq or Afghanistan. Soldiers and Marines who enlisted after the Iraq invasion and were killed or wounded are deserving of sympathy, not gratitude. And there is nothing they can say to justify or dignify what the American military has been wrongfully committed to doing in the Middle East. Wrong is wrong and nothing can make it right.

What we are engaged in is another Vietnam. If you approve of it what you should do is enlist tomorrow morning and put your body where your beliefs are. And if there is some reason why you are not eligible for service you really shouldn't be cheering others on.

It doesn't matter that he fought at all, and got shot 11 times. Enough of your fake patriotic heroic bullshit. He goes onto a campus, and tries to essentially advertise for the military, a military that has just fought a criminal war... regardless of the fact that it is the president and government who decides where to deploy our troops and that they must simply do what they are told by the government, these students have a right to express their sentiment at not wanting the military on their campus. Perhaps it was a little misplaced, but this vet has decided to speak and represent a military which has recently committed these crimes... he is going to recieve some flak. I doubt Columbia was the only place, but the New York Post, being a hack publication, knows it will get people angry. It's a shit newspaper, and this whole article was conservatively spun, written to make the soldier look like some hero, and the students look bad. You're an idiot if you join the military, not a hero. Heroes died back in World War II. Every war since that has been complete and utter bullshit simply to make profits for war profiteers and nothing more.

There is more to national defense and security than just protecting the shores or reacting when attacked. Even a lefty administration like the current one understands this. That's why we are still engaged in the Middle East and Gitmo has not closed and probably never will. American interests abroad means military spending double what the rest of the world spends combined. I'm not always thrilled with being the world's police force, but they do not want a world where we are not. Just ask wikileaks.

As previously mentioned, approving of the present conflict or not should have no influence on one's treatment of American military members. When one tells us that there are bad men out there wanting to hurt you, he is correct. When someone tells a military member that they are not protecting their right to blather on with their lefty shit, they are wrong.

Since others felt a need to disclose their military status, I will tell about mine. I spent 26 years as a Navy Corpsman which included three FMF tours. My son will commission in the U.S. Marine Corps in July. I am not a far right righty since I favor security over freedom. I don't mind being wire-tapped tonight if it keeps me from being dirty bombed or worse on my way to work tomorrow. As John Stuart Mill wrote, the only time freedom should be restricted is when harm will come to others. Even though the free world celebrates with the revolutionaries throughout the Middle East, reality has security lovers like me and hopefully the U.S. government keeping a close watch on the situation. That close watch should be accompanied by swift action whenever and wherever needed if American interests are threatened.

"the Romans fought for Empire. The Pride of that haughty people was to domineer over the rest of Mankind. But this is not our Object. We contend for the Liberty of our Country and the Rights of human Nature. We hope to succeed in so righteous a Contest; and it is our Duty to aquire such Habits, and to cultivate in those who are to come after us such Principles and Manners as will perpetuate to our Country the Blessings which are purchasd with our Toils and Dangers"

-- Samuel Adams; letter to Alexander McDougall (May, 13, 1782)

People raise nasty disrespectful little peices of liberal shit nowadays don't they?

I think it has more to do with the teachers who have taught them then it does the parents who raised them, in most cases, not all....but most.

There is more to national defense and security than just protecting the shores or reacting when attacked. Even a lefty administration like the current one understands this. That's why we are still engaged in the Middle East and Gitmo has not closed and probably never will. American interests abroad means military spending double what the rest of the world spends combined. I'm not always thrilled with being the world's police force, but they do not want a world where we are not. Just ask wikileaks.

As previously mentioned, approving of the present conflict or not should have no influence on one's treatment of American military members. When one tells us that there are bad men out there wanting to hurt you, he is correct. When someone tells a military member that they are not protecting their right to blather on with their lefty shit, they are wrong.

Since others felt a need to disclose their military status, I will tell about mine. I spent 26 years as a Navy Corpsman which included three FMF tours. My son will commission in the U.S. Marine Corps in July. I am not a far right righty since I favor security over freedom. I don't mind being wire-tapped tonight if it keeps me from being dirty bombed or worse on my way to work tomorrow. As John Stuart Mill wrote, the only time freedom should be restricted is when harm will come to others. Even though the free world celebrates with the revolutionaries throughout the Middle East, reality has security lovers like me and hopefully the U.S. government keeping a close watch on the situation. That close watch should be accompanied by swift action whenever and wherever needed if American interests are threatened.

:clap2:

Thank you for your service,sir. Thank your son for me as well.

You might be interested in this..

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

Especially these parts:

Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I like cheap oil as much as the next guy..but our "interests" overseas have nothing whatsoever to do with a defense of our country. They do have alot to do with a de-facto empire egged on by corporate interests such as big oil.

So I am more along the lines of trading with the world..not dominating it.

People raise nasty disrespectful little peices of liberal shit nowadays don't they?

I think it has more to do with the teachers who have taught them then it does the parents who raised them, in most cases, not all....but most.

I totally agree.

Most of these students are taught by liberal professors. Our universities abound with them.

These left wing professors have nothing but disdain for the Military. They pass that disdain onto their students. The good little sheep suck it up and feel wonderful no doubt.

Once they grow up and get out into the real world I'm sure their prospective on the Military changes. One sure hope so.

Not cool.

no. it's not cool, assuming the NY Post accurately portrayed it.

But the difference between the left and right is most on the left would say that it was rude and inappropriate.

If it were a rightwingnut heckling someone they disagree with, they'd be cheering.

so there ya go.

ugly people are just ugly people.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Especially these parts:

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

I like cheap oil as much as the next guy..but our "interests" overseas have nothing whatsoever to do with a defense of our country. They do have alot to do with a de-facto empire egged on by corporate interests such as big oil.

While I appreciate the tutorial, nothing was covered that I did not get in my master of public administration studies. The free world needs the U.S. to manage our interests and in private conversations, they say so. Our overseas interests have lots to do with national defense, regardless of your approval.

The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Especially these parts:

While I appreciate the tutorial, nothing was covered that I did not get in my master of public administration studies. The free world needs the U.S. to manage our interests and in private conversations, they say so. Our overseas interests have lots to do with national defense, regardless of your approval.

Well that's the way it's been mapped. But that's not necessarily reality. Claiming ownership of the resources of foreign countries has..and will have dire consequences.

Trade is usually appreciated. Conquerors..usually are not.

Not the first time these ugly little shits have acted out. They invited the minutemen to speak and then, threw stuff, heckled them and stormed the stage.. ugly little librul twits.

Forum List

Back