Color Me Shocked!!!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
This latest missive from City Journal just came in....

....and pertains to two groups which share a number of characteristics.

And....relates to a third group with an ingrained propensity.

The first two groups....Asians and Jewish folks.

1. ".... in a federal civil rights complaint charging Harvard University with discrimination against Asian-American applicants. The complaint documents a pattern of bias, at Harvard and other Ivy League colleges, that, in its methods and its impact, closely parallels the imposition of de facto Jewish quotas at these schools in the 1920s. By spotlighting how racial preferences for other minorities have ironically contributed to this reprise of Harvard’s bigoted past, with Asians playing the role of modern-day Jews, the plaintiffs hope to prompt the Supreme Court to overturnBakkev. Regents of the University of California, its 1978 decision allowing the use of such preferences in college admissions. For, as the complaint starkly illustrates, whatever merit affirmative action may once have had, it is a policy relic of an essentially biracial society of the 1970s that has become ludicrous in the multiracial America of 2016.

2. The anti-Semitic history is eye-popping. Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz calls the Harvard Plan “one of the most shameful episodes in the history of American higher education in general, and of Harvard College in particular.” The SFA complaint draws on Dershowitz’s research and that of sociologist Jerome Karabel, whose 2005 bookThe Chosen: The Hidden History of Admission and Exclusion at Harvard, Yale, and Princetonchronicles this story.

As early as 1907, the dean of financial aid expressed his preference for “sons of families that have been American for generations” rather than the “increasing class [of] foreigners, and especially the Russian Jews.”

3. Admissions records at Harvard and other elite colleges over the past quarter-century reveal an uncannily similar treatment of Asian-Americans. Asians, of course, have often been termed the “New Jews” in reference to their focus on academic achievement. But as Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Golden observed in a chapter with that title in his 2006 book The Price of Admission: How America’s Ruling Class Buys Its Way into Elite Colleges—and Who Gets Left Outside the Gates, this status has also meant “inheriting the mantle of the most disenfranchised group in college admissions. The nonacademic admissions criteria established to exclude Jews, from alumni child status to leadership qualities, are now used to deny Asians.”

4. To put it another way: Asians need SAT scores 140 points higher than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics, and an incredible 450 points higher than blacks (out of 1,600 points) to get into these schools. An Asian applicant with an SAT score of 1,500, that is, has the same chance of being accepted as a white student with a 1,360, a Latino with a 1,230, or an African-American with a 1,050. Among candidates in the highest (1,400–1,600) SAT range, 77 percent of blacks, 48 percent of Hispanics, 40 percent of whites, and only 30 percent of Asians are admitted."
Fewer Asians Need Apply by Dennis Saffran, City Journal Winter 2016

Now this: the very same political perspective is responsible for the discrimination.
Yup...

Liberals and Progressives.

Color me shocked!

"Now, let's go back to Jane Dou. She didn't end up at the center of the Harvard suit accidentally. She was discovered through a broad-based campaign conducted by SFFA founder Edward Blum — a frustrated Republican congressional candidate who has chosen to make a career out of waging war on laws and policies that give "special privileges" to minorities. Dou was someone Blum wanted -- a student willing to serve as a test case in a high-profile attack on affirmative action."
Harvard lawsuit is not what it seems (Opinion) - CNN.com

Just another Hitler Youth...
Students.PNG

AA works, and a Private institution can admit whomever they damn well please or, don't you believe in Property Rights?

See what I mean about you not being able to help yourself????

One stupid post after another.

I would have said you are lying...but you've proven yourself too stupid to lie.

Or....do you imagine a university or college could have a no-gays or no-blacks policy????

This latest missive from City Journal just came in....

....and pertains to two groups which share a number of characteristics.

And....relates to a third group with an ingrained propensity.

The first two groups....Asians and Jewish folks.

1. ".... in a federal civil rights complaint charging Harvard University with discrimination against Asian-American applicants. The complaint documents a pattern of bias, at Harvard and other Ivy League colleges, that, in its methods and its impact, closely parallels the imposition of de facto Jewish quotas at these schools in the 1920s. By spotlighting how racial preferences for other minorities have ironically contributed to this reprise of Harvard’s bigoted past, with Asians playing the role of modern-day Jews, the plaintiffs hope to prompt the Supreme Court to overturnBakkev. Regents of the University of California, its 1978 decision allowing the use of such preferences in college admissions. For, as the complaint starkly illustrates, whatever merit affirmative action may once have had, it is a policy relic of an essentially biracial society of the 1970s that has become ludicrous in the multiracial America of 2016.

2. The anti-Semitic history is eye-popping. Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz calls the Harvard Plan “one of the most shameful episodes in the history of American higher education in general, and of Harvard College in particular.” The SFA complaint draws on Dershowitz’s research and that of sociologist Jerome Karabel, whose 2005 bookThe Chosen: The Hidden History of Admission and Exclusion at Harvard, Yale, and Princetonchronicles this story.

As early as 1907, the dean of financial aid expressed his preference for “sons of families that have been American for generations” rather than the “increasing class [of] foreigners, and especially the Russian Jews.”

3. Admissions records at Harvard and other elite colleges over the past quarter-century reveal an uncannily similar treatment of Asian-Americans. Asians, of course, have often been termed the “New Jews” in reference to their focus on academic achievement. But as Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Golden observed in a chapter with that title in his 2006 book The Price of Admission: How America’s Ruling Class Buys Its Way into Elite Colleges—and Who Gets Left Outside the Gates, this status has also meant “inheriting the mantle of the most disenfranchised group in college admissions. The nonacademic admissions criteria established to exclude Jews, from alumni child status to leadership qualities, are now used to deny Asians.”

4. To put it another way: Asians need SAT scores 140 points higher than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics, and an incredible 450 points higher than blacks (out of 1,600 points) to get into these schools. An Asian applicant with an SAT score of 1,500, that is, has the same chance of being accepted as a white student with a 1,360, a Latino with a 1,230, or an African-American with a 1,050. Among candidates in the highest (1,400–1,600) SAT range, 77 percent of blacks, 48 percent of Hispanics, 40 percent of whites, and only 30 percent of Asians are admitted."

Now this: the very same political perspective is responsible for the discrimination.
Yup...

Liberals and Progressives.

Color me shocked!
The lack of Asian Oscar nominees is also mind boggling.

AA works, and a Private institution can admit whomever they damn well please or, don't you believe in Property Rights?

Or....do you imagine a university or college could have a no-gays or no-blacks policy????
A private institution is allowed to have a No *******, No Faggots, No Bitches policy, or did you not learn that in Korea?

A private institution is allowed to have a No *******, No Faggots, No Bitches policy, or did you not learn that in Korea?

Could you name a few with those policies?

No faggots - Bob Jones university. No ******* - none that I know of. No Bitches - Hampden-Sydney and Wabash colleges.

The point has been made, Private Property exists and Private Institutions can, very often, exclude anyone they like for any reason they like...

"The Asian population, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Vietnamese, et al., makes up less than 6 percent of the American population yet are 21 percent at Harvard."
Is It Fair or Unfair: The Harvard Admission Process?

Yep, no Gooks or Chinks have a chance of getting in it seems...

"To put it another way: Asians need SAT scores 140 points higher than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics, and an incredible 450 points higher than blacks (out of 1,600 points) to get into these schools. An Asian applicant with an SAT score of 1,500, that is, has the same chance of being accepted as a white student with a 1,360, a Latino with a 1,230, or an African-American with a 1,050. Among candidates in the highest (1,400–1,600) SAT range, 77 percent of blacks, 48 percent of Hispanics, 40 percent of whites, and only 30 percent of Asians are admitted."

Change that policy.....chop chop!

"The Asian population, Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Vietnamese, et al., makes up less than 6 percent of the American population yet are 21 percent at Harvard."
Is It Fair or Unfair: The Harvard Admission Process?

Yep, no Gooks or Chinks have a chance of getting in it seems...

"To put it another way: Asians need SAT scores 140 points higher than whites, 270 points higher than Hispanics, and an incredible 450 points higher than blacks (out of 1,600 points) to get into these schools. An Asian applicant with an SAT score of 1,500, that is, has the same chance of being accepted as a white student with a 1,360, a Latino with a 1,230, or an African-American with a 1,050. Among candidates in the highest (1,400–1,600) SAT range, 77 percent of blacks, 48 percent of Hispanics, 40 percent of whites, and only 30 percent of Asians are admitted."

Change that policy.....chop chop!
The policy works, at least they believe it does and seeing as they are a Private Institution they can do as they damn well please eh? That at least is what Conservatives used to believe.

Suddenly life must now be fair, equal? Interesting...

Only stupid people think the way you do...
Affirmative-action has destroyed Indians, it only encourages weakness...

No faggots - Bob Jones university. No ******* - none that I know of. No Bitches - Hampden-Sydney and Wabash colleges.

The point has been made, Private Property exists and Private Institutions can, very often, exclude anyone they like for any reason they like...
So I can exclude anyone I want from my business?
All on private property.
:bsflag:

All on private property.
That depends on the business? Is it a Public Accommodation? No, you say, then exclude away...

AA worked like a charm. It's why people were willing to elect a ****** President, they'd actually met one or two...

AA worked like a charm. It's why people were willing to elect a ****** President, they'd actually met one or two...
Na, not really.
It's just appeasement, A byproduct of the weak society....

All on private property.
That depends on the business? Is it a Public Accommodation? No, you say, then exclude away...
So now you claim universities are not public accommodation.
What a nutter.

All on private property.
So now you claim universities are not public accommodation.
What a nutter.
A Private University? Yeah, not a fucking Public Accommodation, dumbass. It's ain't a Motel 6 with a Denny's next door...

Forum List

Back