College Football recruiting

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
The Crimson Tide is about to nail another top level recruiting class. The 2014 season should be another huge one!!

How is your team doing?

Today is the day we find out who gets the players they want.

Y! SPORTS

Looks like Alabama may pull in another #1 recruiting class.

Y! SPORTS

Don't worry Lane Kiffin has been losing with 5 stars for a long time.

As a head coach? Sure.

As an offensive coordinator? Hardly. And if you think there is any doubt who is the head coach at Alabama, you haven't paid attention to the way Nick Saban runs things.

Y! SPORTS

As a head coach? Sure.

As an offensive coordinator? Hardly. And if you think there is any doubt who is the head coach at Alabama, you haven't paid attention to the way Nick Saban runs things.

He was co offensive coordinator- Steve Sarkisian ran the offense.

As a head coach? Sure.

Ok, but my point that he wasn't losing as offensive coordinator still holds with him being the co-offensive coordinator.

He coached the receivers and took over as recruiting coordinator at USC as well. He did both quite well. As a coordinator at Alabama he will not have a free rein. He will do fine for us.

And with the defensive recruits coming in, the defensive players remaining, and the revamping of the defensive coaching staff, Bama's defense will return to what it should have been.

We'll win most and knock off some top ranked teams. That is more than Ohio State can say they have done in under Urban.

As a head coach? Sure.

Ok, but my point that he wasn't losing as offensive coordinator still holds with him being the co-offensive coordinator.

He coached the receivers and took over as recruiting coordinator at USC as well. He did both quite well. As a coordinator at Alabama he will not have a free rein. He will do fine for us.

And with the defensive recruits coming in, the defensive players remaining, and the revamping of the defensive coaching staff, Bama's defense will return to what it should have been.

We'll win most and knock off some top ranked teams. That is more than Ohio State can say they have done in under Urban.

I'm sure he will do fine. Saban was 19-8 and a loss to a non BCS team in his bowl game after 2 years at Alabama. And Saban was NOT dealing with sanctions.

I'm sure he will do fine. Saban was 19-8 and a loss to a non BCS team in his bowl game after 2 years at Alabama. And Saban was NOT dealing with sanctions.

In his 8th game as head coach of Alabama, Saban beat a team that ended up ranked higher than #15 in the AP poll (TN was ranked 12th in final AP poll). Something Urban has yet to do.

As for the non-BCS team that beat Alabama, that team ended up as the #2 team in the country according to the AP poll. So its not as if they were a weak team. We finished 12-0 in the regular season in 2008.

I hope Ohio State does do well. I was hoping Bama would play them in the BCS Championship game this last season. Maybe they'll meet in the play-offs for the 2014 season.

In his 8th game as head coach of Alabama, Saban beat a team that ended up ranked higher than #15 in the AP poll (TN was ranked 12th in final AP poll). Something Urban has yet to do.

As for the non-BCS team that beat Alabama, that team ended up as the #2 team in the country according to the AP poll. So its not as if they were a weak team. We finished 12-0 in the regular season in 2008.

I hope Ohio State does do well. I was hoping Bama would play them in the BCS Championship game this last season. Maybe they'll meet in the play-offs for the 2014 season.

Well if recruiting is an indication they will....

What do you like about Alabama's class this year?

Well if recruiting is an indication they will....

What do you like about Alabama's class this year?

The two cornerbacks. Both are top level players and should help with our problems against the pass.

ROLL TIDE!!!

Rashaan Evans committed to the Crimson Tide! The #1 OLB and the #15 overall player comes from Auburn AL and was thought to be a sure locked for Auburn Univ.

Now we see what Saban & Co. can do with the best recruiting class ever.

6 Five Star recruits and a host of talent, including some spots we needed.

ROLL TIDE!!

Now we see what Saban & Co. can do with the best recruiting class ever.

6 Five Star recruits and a host of talent, including some spots we needed.

ROLL TIDE!!

How many 5 stars have won the Heisman? I can only think of Tim Tebow. Ingram was a 3 star.

Given the number of national championships Alabama has won v. the single Heisman, I am less concerned.

Not all 5 star recruits turn into top players. But talent usually wins out. Saban has had success recruiting. And that success translated to top level teams overall.

Also, I don't think a defensive player has ever won the Heisman. But great defenses have won championships.

I know 2 defensive players have finished high in the Heisman voting in the last few years. Both were then humiliated in the BCS Championship games against Bama. Honey-Badger and the guy with the imaginary g/f.

Also, I don't think a defensive player has ever won the Heisman. But great defenses have won championships.

I know 2 defensive players have finished high in the Heisman voting in the last few years. Both were then humiliated in the BCS Championship games against Bama. Honey-Badger and the guy with the imaginary g/f.

I believe the DB from scUM is the only defensive player to win the Heisman.

Forum List

Back