College football playoffs and bowls were aweful

Wow, you found a 15 year old story about a booster (not a University employee) paying a high school coach (again, not an employee of the University) to steer a player towards Alabama. It was not a secret. Bama got some heavy penalties and we moved on.

As I said, that was 15 years ago. The kids playing for Alabama now would have been between 3 and 8 years old. Saban got there in 2007. Nothing since then except a few minor, self-reported violations. Certainly nothing resembling cheating to win. We win the old fashioned way.
And if there's any funny business I suspect it happens at every school. I know it has at Michigan so I can't really say anything.

Anyways, of course bama is the best. Im just having fun. How else would you expect a Michigan guy to act after that embarrassing lose. But it was a great season for msu. We beat Michigan and last years national champs at Michigan and in Ohio then knocked off undefeated Iowa.

A. We had injuries
B. We played good the first half.
C. It was fixed/ msu was robbed.
D. Who cares.
E. We'll get em next year
F. If I had NFL potential, I'd go down south too. Right now its ten degrees in Michigan. But why Alabama? I would play in Florida or California. I don't get why you guys are so good. Are a lot of the players home grown?

Bama has tradition, they have coaching, the have prestige, they have a huge fan base. Also Bama is committed to making sure the player gets a degree.
I knew an msu lineman years ago. People treated him like a God in east Lansing.

Now imagine you are a God in an entire state. There's no pro teams. People eat sleep and shit bama. Must be amazing.

I have never been to Bama, I have been to Tennessee and it is crazy and then you think, he'll this isn't even Bama! To have such loyal fans, is incredible.

Think that's something? If we win it all again this year, you should come to the shindig we throw in celebration. Last few times they've done it at the stadium.

Or better yet, come to A-Day. 100,000 fans at Spring Practice is even more impressive.....and it's free.
I really do think we would be a lot more into msu and uofm if we didn't have 4 professional sports. My brother went to msu and I know he didnt watched every game this year. I bet you didn't miss one bama game

And if there's any funny business I suspect it happens at every school. I know it has at Michigan so I can't really say anything.

Anyways, of course bama is the best. Im just having fun. How else would you expect a Michigan guy to act after that embarrassing lose. But it was a great season for msu. We beat Michigan and last years national champs at Michigan and in Ohio then knocked off undefeated Iowa.

A. We had injuries
D. Who cares.
F. If I had NFL potential, I'd go down south too. Right now its ten degrees in Michigan. But why Alabama? I would play in Florida or California. I don't get why you guys are so good. Are a lot of the players home grown?

Bama has tradition, they have coaching, the have prestige, they have a huge fan base. Also Bama is committed to making sure the player gets a degree.

Now imagine you are a God in an entire state. There's no pro teams. People eat sleep and shit bama. Must be amazing.

I have never been to Bama, I have been to Tennessee and it is crazy and then you think, he'll this isn't even Bama! To have such loyal fans, is incredible.

Think that's something? If we win it all again this year, you should come to the shindig we throw in celebration. Last few times they've done it at the stadium.

Or better yet, come to A-Day. 100,000 fans at Spring Practice is even more impressive.....and it's free.
I really do think we would be a lot more into msu and uofm if we didn't have 4 professional sports. My brother went to msu and I know he didnt watched every game this year. I bet you didn't miss one bama game

Do any of your professional sports not suck? Oh yeah, Hockey ain't bad I've heard...assuming anyone watching it. Curling might have a bigger audience. Actually I think I'd rather watch curling, it's more interesting.

And hell no we don't miss Bama games. No self-respecting SEC football fan misses any games. We have an atmosphere pro sports teams only dream of. Even Vandy fans pack out the place, and they've ALWAYS been terrible.

Wow, you found a 15 year old story about a booster (not a University employee) paying a high school coach (again, not an employee of the University) to steer a player towards Alabama. It was not a secret. Bama got some heavy penalties and we moved on.

As I said, that was 15 years ago. The kids playing for Alabama now would have been between 3 and 8 years old. Saban got there in 2007. Nothing since then except a few minor, self-reported violations. Certainly nothing resembling cheating to win. We win the old fashioned way.

A. We had injuries
D. Who cares.

I'd love to head down there, I have heard it is incredible.

I don't get why you guys are so good.

A lot of people don't get it. I think a lot of credit has to be given to Coach Saban and his staff, the commitment to excellence they have instilled in everyone involved with the program from top to bottom has played a tremendous role in our recent success. But I also think it's much more than just that. First of all, he's not the same Nick Saban who coached at MSU or even LSU. We lucked out and landed a man who had come into his own as a head coach. He had honed his skills and satisfied his pangs to coach at the next level, realized his potential at the college level and was poised to deliver his best performance when he stepped off that plane in Tuscaloosa. However, that's still not all...

When you walk through the Bryant Museum and gaze upon the history and tradition that is Alabama football, it commands your respect. It's starts way before Bear Bryant. It's Pooley Hubert telling Johnny Mack Brown to run as fast as he can and look for the ball... 30 yards later and a TD that shocked the nation as a bunch of "hayseeds" from Alabama upset the undefeated and seemingly invincible Washington Huskies to win the 1926 Rose Bowl. It's over 100 years of pride and dedication with what it means to wear that crimson uniform.

Have you ever wondered why you never see Alabama fans tearing down the goal posts after beating the #1 team in the nation? It's because we're champions, we expect to be there and behave like we've been there before. An NCAA-record 62 postseason bowl appearances... 35 bowl victories, also an NCAA record. 25 SEC Championships. 23 10-game or more winning streaks and 19 seasons with a 10–0 start. 34 10-win seasons ...All NCAA records.

A. We had injuries
D. Who cares.

I'd love to head down there, I have heard it is incredible.

YOu really should experience game day in Tuscaloosa. The only game I went to this year was a cupcake game against North Charleston. The campus was full of tailgaiters. The stadium was full of fans. On a Saturday with a big game it is exponentially more insane.

A. We had injuries
D. Who cares.

I haven't missed a game. I am from Tuscaloosa, but I live in Atlanta. There are plenty of things to do. But I want my Alabama football.

Forum List

Back