College Football Hall of Fame snubs

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
This years group snubbed a few that were ultra deserving.

I think Danny Wuerffel should have been in. Derrick Thomas certainly should have.

But the biggest snub this year is not either of those, but Tommy Frazier.

College Football HOF is sort of under the radar.

You read about iton page 6 of thes ports section.

No Tebow??

:lol:

"To be eligible for the Hall of Fame players must have been named a First Team All-America by a major/national selector as recognized and utilized by the NCAA for their consensus All-America teams; played their last year of intercollegiate football at least ten years prior; played within the last 50 years and cannot be currently playing professional football."

No Tebow??

"To be eligible for the Hall of Fame players must have been named a First Team All-America by a major/national selector as recognized and utilized by the NCAA for their consensus All-America teams; played their last year of intercollegiate football at least ten years prior; played within the last 50 years and cannot be currently playing professional football."

joke (j
omacr.gif
k)n.1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

No Tebow??

joke (j
omacr.gif
k)n.1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

Eh, its hard to read sarcasm or dry humor online. With the Tebow-mania out there I wasn't sure.

Joe Montana should be in the College Football Hall of Fame just on the basis of the 1979 Cotten Bowl.

what Montana did in 2 Cotton Bowl.s was awesom

Defeated #1 Texas 38-10 in the 1978 Cotton Bowl

Then the historic comeback in the Chickon Soup Bowl against Houston in 1979

Wasnt drafted until the 3rd round

should have won the Heismann Trophy

Last edited:
what Montana did in 2 Cotton Bowl.s was awesom

Defeated #1 Texas 38-10 in the 1978 Cotton Bowl

Then the historic comeback in the Chickon Soup Bowl against Houston in 1978

Wasnt drafted until the 3rd round

should have won the Heismann Trophy

Billy Sims won the Heisman in '78. Not exactly a shabby RB.

Not sure why Montana hasn't been put in the College HoF. Probably because he is mostly known for his pro career.

Montana made a name for himself for his coolness under pressure. Not sure his stats were stellar in college.

The idea that there is a college football HOF seems completely unnecessary to me.

I think college and pro football are completely different. And some players excell in college and never get off the ground in the pros, not for lack of talent but because of the teams, coaches, personal stuff or whatever.

The idea that there is a college football HOF seems completely unnecessary to me.

I think college and pro football are completely different. And some players excell in college and never get off the ground in the pros, not for lack of talent but because of the teams, coaches, personal stuff or whatever.

Even still. Coaches are getting paid handsomely. Players are getting free room/board/education and plenty of glory. They have the opportunity to make the grown man's HOF if they keep going strong. A College Football HOF just symbolizes the excesses of our society.

The Seahwaks could have drafted Montnana.

Probably win 4 Super Bowls

Instead went with this smuck from a college which no longer exists./

Forum List

Back