Colin Powell single-handedly won the 1st Gulf War, should be rewarded by becoming POTUS in 2024..there's a reason Bill Clinton didn't dare cross him

everywhere Powell goes, he is a rock star. the troops adore him, and vice versa

both men hated each other, but it was Dick Cheney who gave Powell his start, recommending him for Chairman Of Joint Chiefs Of Staff to a hesitant Bush 41 White House

while Cheney was aloof, Powell was charismatic, they were really polar opposites

Come on, Powell was a stooge who took credit for other general's accomplishments and played the political game for his entire career. Powell might have some bad things in his past because he was absolutely against running for election.

Yes, he was, as so many others who have dropped out of your clown circus. My parents were both registered Republicans from a red state and they wouldn't recognize the "sloppy seconds" disease that the GOP has become.
Dems stood up and made Cuomo resign. Republicans continue to bury their faces inside Trump's trousers and suck even though he has 26 women who have alleged sexual assault with several lawsuits moving forward in the courts.
Your childish words would sting...if the idea that Joe Biden shouldn't be running a hot dog stand,
let alone be appointed president (he'll soon be gone), didn't make leftist weinies cry.

The same leftist weinies that kept thug, senior killer and female groper Andrew Cuomo in office for ten years.

In other words who takes anything you say seriously? Joe's mal-adminitstration of the office of the presidency has been epically horrific but it looks like it may take the worst foreign policy of the last fifty years to drag Joe out of the White House.

Not because he's fucked up America. But because he's ignored all the advice of administration experts that try to make Grandpa Joe listen and has fucked up a whole vital region now.

He is a geo political disaster.

Last edited:
One thing for sure is that Colin Powell would be a far better President than Joe Biden.

Powell singlehandedly won the Gulf War?

Stormin' Norman would disagree.

Powell was to the right of Cheney, Rumsfeld, and for that matter Genghis Khan

you can't go wrong with Powell

Colin Powel had no wish to run for POTUS. He would never put his family through that meat grinder. I sure don't blame him.

one time, the Washington Post called Powell a "moderate"

Powell immediately instructed an aide: "will you please call the Washington Post and tell them i'm a conservative?"

A leadership anecdote about trust: Powell coming to President Reagan to discuss an issue. Reagan, distracted, cut him off saying, "the squirrels just came up and got the nuts I put out there!"

Powell realized Reagan was saying let me know when this becomes a me problem. Sometimes people need to vent other times need help

Powell is liberal on social issues. he's pro-choice, for example...

during the Air Force's commemoration of Desert Storm 25 years after it happened, Pentagon official Mike Loh reflected on the war. he'd met the entire White House and Pentagon leadership. who, he was asked, was the best politician he'd ever met...he shook his head: "Colin Powell!", he bellowed

Powell was the smartest of the chiefs, but rarely worked on the margins. he is a classic conservative. he never tinkered, ever, but went straight at things. Powell was blunt without being overbearing, serious but not pretentious. he commanded respect, smiled easily at life's ironies, and viewed officers who upbraided their subordinates as undignified. Powell knew how to get things done wtih Casper "Cap" Weinberger. Powell emerged out of Operation Desert Storm as the most influential officer of his generation

Powell is a gifted battlefield commander, understood war, and reveled in it. he is "the Black Eisenhower"

his hero is General Henry Emerson, who toted a revolver during his time in Vietnam, when he used it to kill a team of Vietcong fighters headed down a trench at him

during his 2nd tour in Vietnam, Pwell rescued 4 soldiers from a burning helicopter, an act of bravery that jump-started his career

he has a Purple Heart, a Bronze Star, and 10 other decorations

Legendary diplomat Richard Holbrooke called Powell "a towering figure"

Powell might have been the most powerful chairman of the Joint Chiefs Of Staff since George C Marshall headed the military, but he was also the most political since Douglas MacArthur, who was dismissed by Truman for insubordination

Dope

Powell's appeal to minorities would magnificently scramble America's political arithmetic. he could easily win the black and Latino vote on his way to a LANDSLIDE victory

A Gallup poll in 2002 found that Powell was the most beloved American figure in history. he had an 88 percent favorable rating!

"he would've been president had he chosen to. i hate to psychoanalyze people, but i do wonder what held him back" - Condi Rice on Powell

the 1st Gulf War burnished Powell's legacy, and the 2003 War in Iraq tarnished it. Powell should have resigned, as he was opposed to the war at first

Many leaders, especially on the right, have adopted an ornate, even opaque, rhetorical style. That's not Colin. He valued clarity. And he worked hard at it. You would never mistake where Powell was coming from. That clarity of prose and ideas often made him an open target, especially by those who were made uncomfortable by his assertions.

Forum List

Back