Colin Powell has endorsed Obama for President

The only thing Bob unites is two by fours.

Joe knows how to get shit done.

Dillo, if somebody has spent the last 30 years only voting for Republican candidates for pres, its kinda hard for them to claim they're non partisan.

So which Dem candidates did you vote for prez Dillo?

ahhh I get it-----you assume that since a person consistently voted for a party that they are a member of that party and actually thinks that whoever that party nominates is the best person for the job. Every time I have voted I voted for what I thought was the lesser of two evils. I voted for McGovern and I voted for Carter.

Powell should be led before a firing squad and shot to death for his role in getting tens of thousands of US soldiers killed, maimed, and critically wounded with false "evidence" he KNEW was false.
SO, the Powell fraud endorses the Obama fraud .. big deal .. America still loses
Colin Powell endorsing Obama really comes as no surprise to me. Gen Powell has stated previously that companies in the US need to pay more of their fair share (taxes). I'm sure his choice had nothing to do with race at all. I mean that seriously.
But what I don't understand is this: What does the Liberal mind think of A "Warmonger" like Powell, who was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and then Sec of Defense when the Iraq war was launched, endorsing it's supposedly anti-war candidate? Or does that matter? Is Colin Powell that big a fish in their eyes that they would overlook his involvement in the war.

I think only poster BlackAsCoal sees this as a problem as I do.

The only thing Bob unites is two by fours.

Joe knows how to get shit done.

You mean Sam :badgrin:

Bob the Builder is the man but sorry; my vote can only go to one person.

$elmo.jpg

ahhh I get it-----you assume that since a person consistently voted for a party that they are a member of that party and actually thinks that whoever that party nominates is the best person for the job. Every time I have voted I voted for what I thought was the lesser of two evils. I voted for McGovern and I voted for Carter.

Wow, you're old. :D

So you haven't voted for a Democratic prez candidate in 32 years or more.

I voted for Poppy Bush in 1988. Does that make me non-partisan? :eusa_whistle:

I'm guessing Colin endorsed Obama for at least two reasons:

1. The Republican Party has lost its way and left people like Colin Powell behind. (This is true for a great many 'former' Republicans.)
2. Obama is African American.

To Robert and etc:

Nyah, nyah nyanya, nyah.

;) :lol:

:lol: Alright, thirty years ago. I give Dillo credit for voting Carter.

But McGovern? :lol:

That was so bad that delegates put in votes for people like Archie Bunker and Ralph Nader. :rofl:

I have no idea who he is voting for. He may be writing in his wife's name.

I am not particularly testy, but I do wish the left would stop being as blindly partisan as the right.

Who lied us into a war for oil and now isn't sharing the wealth with us? We're paying for iraq and oil companies are profiting. How do you defend that?

The Gao determined that 2/3 us companies don't pay any taxes.

The gop house ways and means gave corporations a tax break to move their operations overseas. How do you defend that?

It was just discovered that the gop created a loophole that allowed offshore companies to dodge 100 billion in taxes. How do you defend that?

Anyone that is middle class and voting gop is underinformed and voting against their own self interests.

Now why aren't you voting democratic? Are you rich, brainwashed and believe what the gop says about democrats, racist or so hung up on abortion and gays that it trumps common sense?

1. The Republican Party has lost its way and left people like Colin Powell behind. (This is true for a great many 'former' Republicans.)

Why do you feel the need to mention #2?

Colin Powell doesn't endorse every African American candidate you know if any in the past.

Who lied us into a war for oil and now isn't sharing the wealth with us? We're paying for iraq and oil companies are profiting. How do you defend that?

The Gao determined that 2/3 us companies don't pay any taxes.

The gop house ways and means gave corporations a tax break to move their operations overseas. How do you defend that?

It was just discovered that the gop created a loophole that allowed offshore companies to dodge 100 billion in taxes. How do you defend that?

Anyone that is middle class and voting gop is underinformed and voting against their own self interests.

Now why aren't you voting democratic? Are you rich, brainwashed and believe what the gop says about democrats, racist or so hung up on abortion and gays that it trumps common sense?

Ah, so now I am republican eh?

Wow, you're old. :D

So you haven't voted for a Democratic prez candidate in 32 years or more.

I voted for Poppy Bush in 1988. Does that make me non-partisan? :eusa_whistle:

Hunh, it might mean that who you voted for has little bearing on whether you are repub, dem, or non partisan.

Almost 57. Hell if I know--it's your theory. Are you ?

I've voted for repubublicans for president in the past.

I've started threads mocking Democratic congressmen, and saying they should be defeated.

But, I would never claim I'm non-partisan.

Neither are you. We're all partisan. Don't you spend most of your time on the board using republican talking points, and criticizing democrats?

Have you started any threads, like I have for democrats, that are highly critical of a republican?

Last edited:

How did the gop leave powell behind? Is he not rich?

How much 'courage' does it take to endorse the person most likely to win? Do you think Powell would have done this if McCain was ahead? Pretty hard sell, since it may have mattered much more to Powell/Obama supporters back when he was taking a pounding from Hillary.

That sounds like sour grapes. Obama has not won yet and McCain is still trying to make inroads into the "middle" with his rovian swiftboating smears. Colin Powell goes a long way to giving him "street cred" with those independents since I don't know a single person who's in the middle who wouldn't vote for Powell for pres notwithstanding his role in helping Bush perpetuate his little fraud.

If he endorsed McCain, every person on the right would have been saying "well, of course he did, he's a republican".

More to the point, Powell said that Palin was not equipped to be CinC in the event she was required to.

non-partisan means you don't belong to a party. It doesn't mean you don't have opinions.

And thinking is another level entirely.

Forum List

Back