Colin Powell has endorsed Obama for President

:lol: so he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.

No :lol:

But McGovern? I guess since he was running against Nixon I would for him but McGovern? :lol:

McGovern made a as bad VP pick as McCain did. (And no, I'm not comparing the two personally.)

How did the gop leave powell behind? Is he not rich?

I think you're missing his point. The GOP DID leave Powell behind along with most of the real centrists and real conservatives. I'm not one to generally jump to X's defense, but he's dead right about that. See, you should be glad for that type of attitude. It proves not everyone on the right is a wingnut. I find it comforting to be reminded of that in the midst of all the Sawwah Bawwacuda stuff about "real pro-America states".

non-partisan means you don't belong to a party. It doesn't mean you don't have opinions.

And thinking is another level entirely.

Party registration is only one measure of partisanship.

Bill O'Reilly claims he's a registered independent. But, 90% of the time he's either defending Bush, McCain, and Palin, or he's criticizing liberals.

Bill O'Reilly is a partisan conservative. It doesn't matter what his party registration is;.

Well, there's the problem. You are using one definition of partisan and other people may use a different definition.

We should chuck partisan out the window and talk issues. There's an idea, eh?

non-partisan means you don't belong to a party. It doesn't mean you don't have opinions.

And thinking is another level entirely.

Nobody is non-partisan on this board then because everyone has a opinion and voices it. :lol:

Colin Powell endorsing Obama really comes as no surprise to me. Gen Powell has stated previously that companies in the US need to pay more of their fair share (taxes). I'm sure his choice had nothing to do with race at all. I mean that seriously.
But what I don't understand is this: What does the Liberal mind think of A "Warmonger" like Powell, who was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and then Sec of Defense when the Iraq war was launched, endorsing it's supposedly anti-war candidate? Or does that matter? Is Colin Powell that big a fish in their eyes that they would overlook his involvement in the war.

I think only poster BlackAsCoal sees this as a problem as I do.

Liberals have a good heart .. but unfortunately they don't usually come with the strength to fight.

They see Powell as just a good guy led badly .. and .. going out on the limb .. don't properly judge him because he's black. .. as if it's somehow doing black people a favor.

Wanna do us a favor .. take a firm stand against the war on drugs and the racist criminal system in America.

Then I'd be impressed.

But to those who aren't paying attention .. Powell isn't celebrated in the black community. Most of us recognize what he is. We saw what he was during Vietnam and recognize how he rose to "the top."

We also recognize who's image of a "hero" he fits.

Powell was instrumental in the deception that has led to the greatest military and political disaster in American history. He stood silent while US troops, young US troops were marched off to their deaths for profit. NOW he tells us he knew .. trying to wash the blood off his hands.

At anytime during the dying, he could have stood up and told the truth.

He backs Obama NOW ... but he knew the truth in 2004 and he could have spoken the truth before Bush was elected .. more importantly, before more US troops went to their deaths .. before we started melting babies

If that is someone's opinion of honor, integrity, courage, or a dedication to the troops .. that person would be a fool .. in my opinion of course.

Why don't we try using the real definition of the word.

Partisan means being PARTIAL to a cause or group or concern. Everyone is PARTISAN. The question is ... whether one is partisan above all else.

The answer, I would think, is that it depends on how devoted one is to a political issue.

I've voted for repubublicans for president in the past.

I've started threads mocking Democratic congressmen, and saying they should be defeated.

But, I would never claim I'm non-partisan.

Neither are you. We're all partisan. Don't you spend most of your time on the board using republican talking points, and criticizing democrats?

Have you started any threads, like I have, that are highly critical of a republican?

God forbid you be called a non-partisan huh? :lol: I don't start many threads and am content for the most part to comment or respond to what happens to be posted. I criticize or praise behavior and ideas. I ask questions , sometimes for answers, sometimes to stimulate thought. Sometimes I just make fun of all of us trying to predict what will happen next or guess what someone REALLY is thinking.
Sometimes I just just feel like blowing off steam or throwing out things that cross my mind. You can take a look for yourself at what threads I have started. It's available for anyone to look at.

Partisan means being PARTIAL to a cause or group or concern. Everyone is PARTISAN. The question is ... whether one is partisan above all else.

The answer, I would think, is that it depends on how devoted one is to a political issue.

Which is why I began using the hyphenated hyper-partisan. We all know who they are.

God forbid you be called a non-partisan huh? :lol: I don't start many threads and am content for the most part to comment or respond to what happens to be posted. I criticize or praise behavior and ideas. I ask questions , sometimes for answers, sometimes to stimulate thought. Sometimes I just make fun of all of us trying to predict what will happen next or guess what someone REALLY is thinking.
Sometimes I just just feel like blowing off steam or throwing out things that cross my mind. You can take a look for yourself at what threads I have started. It's available for anyone to look at.

I'm looking forward to you starting threads criticizing republicans and conservatives, and to your measured and equal defense of democrats and liberals, if you really are an independent-thinking non-partisan.

Ah, so now I am republican eh?

Politics is very confusing for most people. Maybe you just don't know whatto think/do. Most voters are in that position.

You don't like democratic partisans, right? Do you remember republicans being non partisan when they got bush elected twice?

And I'm sorry if i'm voting for the better man and not the lesser of two evils. I don't see obama as an evil. Now bush, tom delay and mccain? pure greed and evil.

Did you hear powell? Mccan will continue to push the republican agenda. If you like their agenda or think obama's agenda is worse, vote mccain. Then you will lose your job to china or india. Because that is their agenda. Huge difference. Why would you be for that unless you yourself have an offshore company?

Why are you ok with iraq having a surplus and we spend $10 bill a month in iraq?

I'm looking forward to you starting threads criticizing republicans and conservatives, and to your measured and equal defense of democrats and liberals, if you really are an independent-thinking non-partisan.

oh boy--well, you keep score for me and tell me how I'm doing ok ?:rolleyes:

Exactly.

I'm a partisan liberal. That means, I don't agree with every Democrat, and I even start threads criticizing some democrats.

Dillo is a partisan conservative. Even if he doesn't like some republicans. Everyone know it. I don't know why its even debatable.

Endorsements are a sign that people think you are too stupid to chose the 'right" person.

:cuckoo:

An endorsment is a statement letting people know that you support this person and here's why. That's it. The people who think that we're too stupid to make up our minds on our own are the Republicans by placing those godforsaken robocalls.

Politics is very confusing for most people. Maybe you just don't know whatto think/do. Most voters are in that position.

You don't like democratic partisans, right? Do you remember republicans being non partisan when they got bush elected twice?

And I'm sorry if i'm voting for the better man and not the lesser of two evils. I don't see obama as an evil. Now bush, tom delay and mccain? pure greed and evil.

Did you hear powell? Mccan will continue to push the republican agenda. If you like their agenda or think obama's agenda is worse, vote mccain. Then you will lose your job to china or india. Because that is their agenda. Huge difference. Why would you be for that unless you yourself have an offshore company?

Why are you ok with iraq having a surplus and we spend $10 bill a month in iraq?

Tell me you don't really believe Obama is going to do any better on corporate influence?

How much of that 10 million do you think Obama will be spending in Afghanistan and bombing innocent people in Pakistan?

:cuckoo:

An endorsment is a statement letting people know that you support this person and here's why. That's it. The people who think that we're too stupid to make up our minds on our own are the Republicans by placing those godforsaken robocalls.

Why do I need to even know who some famous person wants to be president and even moreso, why should I care ?

Forum List

Back