Cold blooded murder.

Someone reported Ian David Long for acting bizarrely and making threats. A crisis team came out, talked to him said he was fine and 12 people are dead.

If what gave rise to this red flag warning was threats to go on a shooting spree at the nearest elementary school maybe his guns should be taken.

I want to hang seditious lefty politicians from lamp posts. Should I not be allowed to have rope?

You have a knife and tell your next door neighbor that you are on your way to the preschool to hack up four year olds. Should you have that knife?
It would be hard to justify letting someone threatening to shoot up a school, a bar, a concert actually carry through on the basis of protecting second amendment rights. One of the first things we ask is didn't anyone know? Were there any signs?

I can't help but be reminded of the couple that opened fire at their workplace. They were killing infidels. And someone knew. A neighbor had identified suspicious behavior but said nothing. She didn't want to be an anti Islamic racist. Should she have said something? The wife of one of the Boston bombers watched her husband build bombs in the kitchen. Should she have said something?

It isn't so easy. Without knowing more about this case I'm reserving judgment. There are too many times I'd turn in a rat bastard myself.

It isn't exactly a case of the cops grabbing someone's guns.

Why was this guy an extreme risk? Who called? Who was he threatening?
They were there to take his guns. They killed him.

This:

Inalienable Rights.png

Someone reported Ian David Long for acting bizarrely and making threats. A crisis team came out, talked to him said he was fine and 12 people are dead.

If what gave rise to this red flag warning was threats to go on a shooting spree at the nearest elementary school maybe his guns should be taken.

I want to hang seditious lefty politicians from lamp posts. Should I not be allowed to have rope?

You have a knife and tell your next door neighbor that you are on your way to the preschool to hack up four year olds. Should you have that knife?
It would be hard to justify letting someone threatening to shoot up a school, a bar, a concert actually carry through on the basis of protecting second amendment rights. One of the first things we ask is didn't anyone know? Were there any signs?

I can't help but be reminded of the couple that opened fire at their workplace. They were killing infidels. And someone knew. A neighbor had identified suspicious behavior but said nothing. She didn't want to be an anti Islamic racist. Should she have said something? The wife of one of the Boston bombers watched her husband build bombs in the kitchen. Should she have said something?

It isn't so easy. Without knowing more about this case I'm reserving judgment. There are too many times I'd turn in a rat bastard myself.

Ian Long wasn't threatening a school tho. So your made up fantasy was just that; a fantasy.

Anyone who would shoot at police should not have a gun. You guys would prefer he went and killed his family or killed innocent people? We need to disarm the crazies.

We? You ain't no cop, pussy.
He shouldn't be shooting at police.

Someone bangs on my door a little after 5 am and I'm half asleep, people might get shot, cop or no cop.
Then you are also an idiot who would be dead. He talked to the officers and knew who they were. Better this than he be the next mass shooter.

Anyone who would shoot at police should not have a gun. You guys would prefer he went and killed his family or killed innocent people? We need to disarm the crazies.
Stop trying to derail the thread traitor.

We? You ain't no cop, pussy.
He shouldn't be shooting at police.

Someone bangs on my door a little after 5 am and I'm half asleep, people might get shot, cop or no cop.
Then you are also an idiot who would be dead. He talked to the officers and knew who they were. Better this than he be the next mass shooter.

The law as it is written in Maryland is still one step away from total gun confiscation, irregardless of what did or didn't happen in this situation.

The inaction of other gun owners on this mans behalf; is a sneak peek at the fate that awaits all gun owners that "government" decides need neutralizing.
A brief "Whew! Glad it wasn't me. That was fucked up..." And then they'll return to their regularly scheduled programming...

The inaction of other gun owners on this mans behalf; is a sneak peek at the fate that awaits all gun owners that "government" decides need neutralizing.
A brief "Whew! Glad it wasn't me. That was fucked up..." And then they'll return to their regularly scheduled programming...

When that happens, hopefully I'll be dead. If not, then I'm out of this gulag.

I guess the conservative's excuse of " he should have obeyed the police officer's order" doesn't apply in this situation.

Right?

This order was done in accordance to the law. The state had to prove he is a danger to himself or other people. They have to have concrete evidence of this.

The state and police followed the law. The man was clearly a danger to people. I'm sorry he was killed. I guess his guns were worth more to him than his life. Since that's obviously clear, how many other people would he have killed or injured if the police had not been alerted to him?

I guess the conservative's excuse of " he should have obeyed the police officer's order" doesn't apply in this situation.

Right?

This order was done in accordance to the law. The state had to prove he is a danger to himself or other people. They have to have concrete evidence of this.

The state and police followed the law. The man was clearly a danger to people. I'm sorry he was killed. I guess his guns were worth more to him than his life. Since that's obviously clear, how many other people would he have killed or injured if the police had not been alerted to him?
Let's see the proof.

When people extoll the virtue of law enforcement... And place the belief that they are somehow "super patriotic"...
I have to wonder... Where are the accounts from officers who refused to follow an order because they believed it was unconstitutional?

Ian Long wasn't threatening a school tho. So your made up fantasy was just that; a fantasy.
We don't know who he was threatening. We know that he was threatening and a crisis team passed him. That's why 12 people are dead today.

Forum List

Back