Coincidence? Drought Calif.. Calif 2nd largest wind capacity...

I know! I read the entire article... my point is that EVEN the attempt to justify a solution has unintended consequences!
Remember the EXPERT said.."I think that these wind farms, especially if they are spaced sufficiently apart, will not have global-scale effects."

He "thinks"????
Well count me skeptical because when utilities first burned coal.. did the "experts" think there ever would be a "global warming" issue due to their CO2 emissions?
Of course not! Nor do the wind farmers see beyond their noses!

At the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, did they even know what C02 was? Much less what the composition of the atmosphere was?

In the 1820's, Joseph Fourier recognized that there was something in the atmosphere that was absorbing some of the outgoing radiant heat from the Earth. By 1858, Tyndall of England was testing the various atmospheric gases for the absorption of infrared.

So, yes, at the beginning of the industrial revolution, it was recognized that CO2 was a GHG. However, even in 1896, when Arrhenius did the first accurate estimates of the increase in temperature with the doubling of CO2, they did not expect us to actually do that by 2100 or sooner.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Did he realize that the rise in temperature lead the rise in CO2? Using Al Gore's famous chart it can be seen that temperature rises and CO2 concentration continues down for about 400 years. Besides why is cooler better?

Coincidence that Calif. suffering through this drought and Obama proposing $1 billion ....

Let me guess: it's Obama's fault that it hasn't rained. :cuckoo:

Well HELL YES!!
After all He IS the Messiah according to the MSM!!
I mean in a way Obama’s standing above the country, above – above the world, he’s sort of God."
Evan Thomas on Hardball, Newsweek?s Evan Thomas: Obama Is ?Sort of God? | NewsBusters

And HE SAID so himself that "This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama
OBAMA CONVERSION STORIES

"We have an amazing story to tell," she said. "This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
-- Michelle Obama

"Obama is, of course, greater than Jesus."
-- Politiken (Danish newspaper)

"No one saw him coming, and Christians believe God comes at us from strange angles and places we don't expect, like Jesus being born in a manger."
--Lawrence Carter

"Many even see in Obama a messiah-like figure, a great soul, and some affectionately call him Mahatma Obama."
-- Dinesh Sharma

"We just like to say his name. We are considering taking it as a mantra."
-- Chicago] Sun-Times

"A Lightworker -- An Attuned Being with Powerful Luminosity and High-Vibration Integrity who will actually help usher in a New Way of Being"
-- Mark Morford
"What Barack Obama has accomplished is the single most extraordinary event that has occurred in the 232 years of the nation’s political history"
-- Jesse Jackson, Jr.

"This was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal."
-- Barack Obama

"Does it not feel as if some special hand is guiding Obama on his journey, I mean, as he has said, the utter improbability of it all?"
-- Daily Kos

"He communicates God-like energy..."
-- Steve Davis (Charleston, SC)

"Not just an ordinary human being but indeed an Advanced Soul"
-- Commentator @ Chicago Sun Times

"I'll do whatever he says to do. I'll collect paper cups off the ground to make his pathway clear."
-- Halle Berry

"A quantum leap in American consciousness"
-- Deepak Chopra

"He is not operating on the same plane as ordinary politicians. . . . the agent of transformation in an age of revolution, as a figure uniquely qualified to open the door to the 21st century."
-- Gary Hart

"Barack Obama is our collective representation of our purest hopes, our highest visions and our deepest knowings . . . He's our product out of the all-knowing quantum field of intelligence."
-- Eve Konstantine

"This is bigger than Kennedy. . . . This is the New Testament." | "I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often. No, seriously. It's a dramatic event."
-- Chris Matthews

"[Obama is ] creative imagination which coupled with brilliance equals wisdom . . . [He is] the man for this time."
-- Toni Morrison

"Obama's finest speeches do not excite. They do not inform. They don't even really inspire. They elevate. . . . He is not the Word made flesh, but the triumph of word over flesh . . . Obama is, at his best, able to call us back to our highest selves."
-- Ezra Klein

"Obama has the capacity to summon heroic forces from the spiritual depths of ordinary citizens and to unleash therefrom a symphonic chorus of unique creative acts whose common purpose is to tame the soul and alleviate the great challenges facing mankind."
-- Gerald Campbell

"We're here to evolve to a higher plane . . . he is an evolved leader . . . [he] has an ear for eloquence and a Tongue dipped in the Unvarnished Truth."
-- Oprah Winfrey

“I would characterize the Senate race as being a race where Obama was, let’s say, blessed and highly favored. That’s not routine. There’s something else going on. I think that Obama, his election to the Senate, was divinely ordered. . . . I know that that was God’s plan."
-- Bill Rush

Is Barack Obama the Messiah?
Want me to go on as to WHY Obama is the Messiah to the vast majority of idiots that voted for him!!!

In Obama's defense, I don't remember where he said he would make it rain. Matter of fact he said he would stop the oceans from rising which implies less rain. So maybe Obama caused all of this. :razz:

Maybe it's because of all the hot air coming out of Sacramento. :eusa_whistle:

WIND_POWER_50M_200x262.jpg

WIND_SPEED_50M_200x262.jpg

And a big problem with onshore wind farms is that they're right on migration lanes of wildfowl.

Coincidence that Calif. suffering through this drought and Obama proposing $1 billion ....

President Obama will pitch a new $1 billion climate change resilience fund during a visit Friday to California.
Obama to pitch $1B climate change 'resilience fund' in California | TheHill

As of 31 December 2013, the top five states with the most wind capacity installed are:
Texas (12,355 MW)
California (5,830 MW)
Iowa (5,178 MW)
Illinois (3,568 MW)
Oregon (3,153 MW)

Wind power in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In 2010 the following article discussed weather changes due to wind farms.....

According to temperature readings from one of the oldest wind farms in the U.S., near Palm Springs, Calif., the turbines make it warmer at night and cooler during the day, generally speaking.

"For most regions, the mean temperatures may not change by much because the warming and cooling effects may cancel out," says atmospheric scientist Somnath Baidya Roy of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, co-author of the study published online October 4 in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.
"Wind power is on the verge of an explosive growth. It features prominently in the future energy policy of all industrial economies.
Hence, we have a unique opportunity to solve a problem even before it becomes a major issue."
How Wind Turbines Affect Your (Very) Local Weather - Scientific American

This picture shows what`s happening downwind from a large wind farm:
image-642148-breitwandaufmacher-kyqe.jpg

The blades generate a vortex, lowering the pressure which then condenses moisture.

kh4f9f9856.jpg

....which some people mistake for "chem trails" and post the "evidence" on Youtube.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnWO5KT8IhI"]Chemtrail Tanker Up-Close with ON and OFF Spraying - YouTube[/ame]

This is just one the many examples of the "internet-dumbing-down-effect".
It`s getting worse as the internet has been expanded to the point where every idiot can publish his crap.
What makes it even worse is that all it takes now, to prove a theory is a large enough consensus amongst the idiots who publish crap.
Crap like:
https://www.skepticalscience.com/4-...nd-widget-raise-awareness-global-warming.html
4 Hiroshima bombs per second: a widget to raise awareness about global warming

When I mention this in public talks, I see eyes as wide as saucers. Few people are aware of how much heat our climate system is absorbing. To actively communicate our planet's energy imbalance, Skeptical Science is releasing the Skeptical Science Heat Widget.

Last edited:
You are aware that growing trees across every square inch of American soil is still not enough to counteract the damage caused by deforestation around the world, right?

That's what "logging has shifted to overseas" means- global deforestation.
Deforestation Facts, Deforestation Information, Effects of Deforestation - National Geographic
Deforestation: Facts, Causes & Effects | LiveScience
Deforestation and Its Extreme Effect on Global Warming - Scientific American

let the world worry about their forests.

we have enough.

oh, and GW is a NORMAL and BENEFICIAL CYCLICAL change. Not related to human activity whatsoever.

Unless you want to experience the Ice Age.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....... A normal and beneficial cyclical change, unless we want an ice age? So, what are you saying here? That if we do not keep increasing the GHGs in the atmosphere, we will have an ice age? If the GHGs that we create are preventing an ice age, how is that 'normal'?

Fresh water shortages are not just restricted to California.

On 17 January, scientists downloaded fresh data from a pair of Nasa satellites and distributed the findings among the small group of researchers who track the world's water reserves. At the University of California, Irvine, hydrologist James Famiglietti looked over the data from the gravity-sensing Grace satellites with a rising sense of dread.

The data, released last week, showed California on the verge of an epic drought, with its backup systems of groundwater reserves so run down that the losses could be picked up by satellites orbiting 400km above the Earth's surface.

"It was definitely an 'oh my gosh moment'," Famiglietti said. "The groundwater is our strategic reserve. It's our backup, and so where do you go when the backup is gone?"

That same day, the state governor, Jerry Brown, declared a drought emergency and appealed to Californians to cut their water use by 20%. "Every day this drought goes on we are going to have to tighten the screws on what people are doing," he said.

Seventeen rural communities are in danger of running out of water within 60 days and that number is expected to rise, after the main municipal water distribution system announced it did not have enough supplies and would have to turn off the taps to local agencies.

There are other shock moments ahead – and not just for California – in a world where water is increasingly in short supply because of growing demands from agriculture, an expanding population, energy production and climate change.

"Almost all of those red hotspots correspond to major aquifers of the world. What Grace shows us is that groundwater depletion is happening at a very rapid rate in almost all of the major aquifers in the arid and semi-arid parts of the world."

The Middle East, north Africa and south Asia are all projected to experience water shortages over the coming years because of decades of bad management and overuse.

Why global water shortages pose threat of terror and war | Environment | The Observer

Uh, here's a tidbit of science for you, g5. Ever since water first formed on this planet, there has been the same amount of water since. For billions of years. You do realize that the Earth is comprised of 70% water, right?

Come on, kid, are you really that stupid at 25 years of age? About 75% of the surface of the earth is covered with water. The Earth is comprised of 99.999999999999999% rock and iron. Perhaps a little less vino when you are posting would help.

At the beginning of the Industrial Revolution, did they even know what C02 was? Much less what the composition of the atmosphere was?

In the 1820's, Joseph Fourier recognized that there was something in the atmosphere that was absorbing some of the outgoing radiant heat from the Earth. By 1858, Tyndall of England was testing the various atmospheric gases for the absorption of infrared.

So, yes, at the beginning of the industrial revolution, it was recognized that CO2 was a GHG. However, even in 1896, when Arrhenius did the first accurate estimates of the increase in temperature with the doubling of CO2, they did not expect us to actually do that by 2100 or sooner.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Did he realize that the rise in temperature lead the rise in CO2? Using Al Gore's famous chart it can be seen that temperature rises and CO2 concentration continues down for about 400 years. Besides why is cooler better?

In the special case of the Milankovic Cycles, you are correct. But the increase of CO2 by 40% in the atmosphere can be directly laid at the feet of the burning of fossil fuels. You see, we know how much coal and oil we have burned, and how much CO2 results from that burning. We know the amount that the oceans and vegatation absorbs, and how much each emit.

Who said cooler was better? A rapid cooling or warming both result in rapid climate change, and endanger the agriculture that a world with 7 billion people depend on.

Forum List

Back