Cognitive disconnect

Blues Man

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2016
I've noticed something in my time here.

We have people who love the idea of saving the planet and these same people seem to hate big corporations like Amazon because they have made Mom and Pop Stores extinct.

But I say you can't eat your cake and have it too.

So if you love saving the planet and fighting climate change you should love Amazon.

Here's why.

Amazon's huge distribution centers minimize fossil fuel use.

When goods are delivered to the DC, entire truck loads are brought in. That is better for the planet than one truck driving miles between small stores and delivering a few things to each one.

When Amazon ships to its customers it is much better for the environment for one truck to deliver to 50 houses than it is for 50 people to drive 50 cars to multiple stores to get their goods.

For those 2 reasons alone all the environmental activists should love Amazon and other companies like Amazon.

And now you can tell anyone who is lamenting the loss of Mom and Pop stores that they are killing the planet

People with credit cards

REally?

I say if you don't use a credit card that gives cash back that you are the one not thinking straight.

I use a cash back credit card for everything which I pay off every month and at the end of the year I get a couple grand back

It's money for nothing

Forum List

Back