Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

I don't care what you say. You can rationalize this all you want. But the facts are simple and this is what the small business people in America today believe. The Obama Administration HATES BUSINESS! It doesn't matter if they have money or not, if they want to expand or not, or if they want to hire more people or not. They are NOT GOING TO DO IT! Why? Jeeze people, are you really that ignorant. Obamacare is the 500 pound gorilla in the room and NO ONE knows how it is going to affect their bottom line one year or ten years down the road. You ask someone in government and they will tell you, they have NO CLUE. Because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THIS MONSTROSITY!

American businesses are running scared. Obama's jobs bill is more of the same: TAX AND SPEND. The EPA has run amok and is passing and enforcing regulations that God knows who approved before they put them on the books. They show up at local manufacturers plants and they tell them that they can't do this, they can't do that, and they MUST do this. All of it crap and all of it damned expensive.

A friend of mine who owns a manufacturing business and makes coolers for large air conditioners, is having to put in this hugely expensive air purifier because they use welding rods that put off a small amount of toxic gas. Jeeze, really? It's only been doing that for 100 years and guess what. They weld in an OPEN BAY. Yep, it's open on two sides to the outside but the EPA wants them to put in this purifier. My GAWD... count that business gone to Mexico my friends.

The Chinese may have a communist regime, but folks they understand that you can't kick business in the balls and then ask them to be nicer. I wish Obama would take some lessons from the Chinese and be more business friendly...

Sadly, those on the left have been convinced that what you say is crap.
I am a business planner. I hear the concerns from my clients regularly.
It is not that they think Obama hates business. They dont give a crap about what Obama thinks.
It is simple....they just cant forecast.
And a smart business does not expand when it cant forecast.

Of course you are right about the planning. But if you get these owners into a room where they can't be quoted, you will hear them say that this administration is anti-business. Remember, I talk to my acquaintences at the golf course and at breakfast everyday. We've known each other for years and years. They know that what they tell me is confidential and won't wind up on the front page of a newspaper somewhere.

I can't believe that people cannot see what is happening. I really can't believe that people like "truthmatters" is actually advocating more of the same and that the climate now is actually businesses fault. Don't mind the taxes and regulations???? Oh my GAWD, I'd like to see who actually said that. Someone from Solyndra? The only thing I can assume is that they KNEW they would be quoted and didn't want to wind up being visited by the EPA or some other government agency.

It's like a freakin nightmare... Let's set them on fire and blame them for making us do it... Just makes you want to scream.

the problem is, those on the left with a voice write articles that are misleading like the one truthmatters cited.

Gee...am I to consider myself surprised that a hotel owner does not care about manufacturing regulations?

What is the middle class transforming into if it is changing. I don't know about the shrinking... it seems there is a different type of middle class being discussed than what I am referring to. The monetary value of certain things must become stressed in order for recognition of real value to come about.

Why was money referred to as the root of all evil? It seems quite honestly that money in and of itself is the most acceptable form of symbolic witchcraft. Coca-cola is perhaps doing what it has to for the time being. Afterall, the bigger businesses are our country's face to the world, anyone should understand that. Once we better understand that as a nation and all it implies there may be much better cooperation from the masses who are currently so hellbent on rebellion.

Why was money referred to as the root of all evil?

Greed. Jealousy. Envy. Obsession.

Money is a tool of trade in a Free Market Society TM.

What would you replace it with? Government Dictate? Slavery? Prisons and Mass Graves for those who refuse to fall in line? Who get's to decide in Your Utopian State? How come the Rules never apply to that Class?

Truthmatters is VERY caught up in the idea that China is a communist country without realizing that over the years, China has become a more free country as we have become a more restrictive county. In many areas, I can't see a difference as it is.

Muhtar Kent, CEO of Coca Cola makes somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 million a year.

That doesn't seem all that "unfriendly".

Truthmatters is VERY caught up in the idea that China is a communist country without realizing that over the years, China has become a more free country as we have become a more restrictive county. In many areas, I can't see a difference as it is.

I agree with part of what you say. China, to me, is still a communist country and in no way to I condone Coke comparing them to us.

However, as was said earlier....

As opposed to villifying Coke and saying anyone who agrees with Coke loves communism, we should spend our efforts analyzing WHY companies are starting to say things like this.

Direction, for one. Still State Capitalism is a tool for China to compete with the rest of us. A tool, still under the authority of a Totalitarian State, which can change policy on a dime. Their People are more conditioned and indoctrinated than North Korean's, and even some would say Liberals. :eusa_whistle:

Because they want us to give them EVERYTHING they want.

You corporate whipping boys go right ahead and purpose we kiss their feet.

I say we show them who boss.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BOSS.

go let China be your boss coke

You are a fucking moron.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have got to be the dumbest individual I have have ever come across.

If you want jobs in this country. If companies are to stay in this counry to provide those jobs then you need a friendly business environment. Thats the bottom line.

Anyone with a brain can understand this.

Thats what leaves TDM out. NO brain and not an ounce of common sense. Jeeze what idiot of monumental proportions.

If it's an unfriendly one, why are corporate profits at an all time high?

You tell me?

Better questioin why is UE at 9.2%. Why are businesses leaving this country to do business overseas?

I agree with part of what you say. China, to me, is still a communist country and in no way to I condone Coke comparing them to us.

However, as was said earlier....

As opposed to villifying Coke and saying anyone who agrees with Coke loves communism, we should spend our efforts analyzing WHY companies are starting to say things like this.

I would think that with the backing of strong Governments, who run cover for them, they sleep with less disturbance. You know, like what Obama does for the Union's. :)

Muhtar Kent, CEO of Coca Cola makes somewhere in the neighborhood of $12 million a year.

That doesn't seem all that "unfriendly".

Not sure why that matters.
Actually, it doesnt matter.

The botom line...he is paid his salary to ensure that he keps operating costs as low as he can without compromising the market share of the company.

Do you suggest that he should ignore his responsibilities and NOT lok to minimize operating costs?

Would you agree with your wife paying more for a product becuase she bought it in a store where a friend of hers works as opposed to buying it 2 doors down for 1/3 the price?

Heck...would you buy a TV from a friend for $2000 when you can get it for $700 2 doors down? If you were wealthy, would you STILL buy a tv from a friend for 2000 when you can buy it for 700 two doors down? Or would you say to your frined, "lower your price becuase I would much prefer buying it from you"

Funny...we have athletes who make much more than that to work for 6 months. Yet, the stadiums are filled BY Americans.

You think those athletes would make nearly that kind of money if the fans stopped supporting the team?

You want Coke to be your new master.

WHY?

We have plenty of companies to fill their slot who will do it with much joy and profit.

To hell with coke they can go to China and be a communist "person"

Because they want us to give them EVERYTHING they want.

You corporate whipping boys go right ahead and purpose we kiss their feet.

I say we show them who boss.

THE AMERICAN PEOPLE ARE BOSS.

go let China be your boss coke

you dont want the corporations to give you everything YOU want?

Jeez...I look at your posts, and it certainly seems you do.

So tell me, why should you get everything you want but the corporations need to not get what they want?

WHY?

We have plenty of companies to fill their slot who will do it with much joy and profit.

Projections again?

Why are your arguments so weak?

You are a fucking moron.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have got to be the dumbest individual I have have ever come across.

If you want jobs in this country. If companies are to stay in this counry to provide those jobs then you need a friendly business environment. Thats the bottom line.

Thats what leaves TDM out. NO brain and not an ounce of common sense. Jeeze what idiot of monumental proportions.

You tell me?

Better questioin why is UE at 9.2%. Why are businesses leaving this country to do business overseas?

In case you haven't noticed, everyone is sitting on money, even the banks. Sitting on $ doesn't make any profit. So why are they hoarding it GT??

Last edited:

You tell me?

In case you haven't noticed, everyone is sitting on money, even the banks. Sitting on $ doesn't make any profit. So why are they hoarding it??

Risk and uncertainty.

Hey, I know lets call for more regulation and higher taxes.

WHY?

I agree. So dont buy coke.
I know if they take jobs overseas, I wont.
That will be my choice.

But you know something?

People that love the taste of coke will buy it anyway. And if it is on sale? They will most certainly buy it.

You speak big TM......the left speaks big TM.

But when it comes down to it, the left still does what is in their personal interest...regardless of their convictions.

Companies like coke would lose the US market share if people were true to their convictions.

But they are not. They are selfish. And thus? They ask the government to do their dirty work.

WHY?

I agree. So dont buy coke.
I know if they take jobs overseas, I wont.
That will be my choice.

But you know something?

People that love the taste of coke will buy it anyway. And if it is on sale? They will most certainly buy it.

You speak big TM......the left speaks big TM.

But when it comes down to it, the left still does what is in their personal interest...regardless of their convictions.

Companies like coke would lose the US market share if people were true to their convictions.

But they are not. They are selfish. And thus? They ask the government to do their dirty work.

I suspect Coke would lose It's convictions before losing the US Market. Unless you want to argue that it is a Catch-22, for Coke who's reason for being is Markets. They are not going to act against their markets. Maybe what they are trying to tell the Administration is to stop, imitating something China at least on the Surface, is turning away from. I think the True Statist's are lured into the power craze, and that is a hard habit to break.

You are a fucking moron.

You tell me?

Because labor intensive businesses can pay 50 cents an hour for labor in China. We cannot compete with that,

without paying comparable wages.

You tell me?

In case you haven't noticed, everyone is sitting on money, even the banks. Sitting on $ doesn't make any profit. So why are they hoarding it??

Risk and uncertainty.

Hey, I know lets call for more regulation and higher taxes.

Maybe we can incorporate a new Swallow Tax? How about a new Pee Tax?

Forum List

Back