Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

of course, you need to toss in the "hate scinece" crap.
I love science...and certainly doint give a crap what you think.

SO I again ask....you deem it approapriate that we decide what species survive and what species dont...based on what we THINK would be in the best interest of the econsytem?

Seems YOU hate science...survival of the fittest is science...and you want to control it

How does a small fish fight a human being?

maybe you should do some sceintific investigation into man made disastors caused by your very thinking

are you aware of what dolphins have begun doing?

They have devised a hunting tactic as a collective. They circle a school of fish and close that circle slowly until the circle is so tight, the fish literally swim into ther mouths. How do those small fish fight it?

They will find a way or they will die off. Dolphin made disaster?

How does a salmon fight off a bear? They actually found a way....they have increased their reproduction.

Survival of the fittest has nothing to do with the intelligence of the animal kingdom. It has to do with adapting to changes in the environment...man made, bear made, dolphin made, or natural occurances.

You do not understand scinece...that is a fact.

So when working people come together and organize as a 'collective', that's an adaptation in reaction to those who threaten, or try to make more difficult, their survival.

Science.

Nothing like 50 cents an hour labor to boost your 'business friendly' cred.

See? This is what the Right admires and advocates - a business environment where the working class is paid next to nothing all for the sake of transferring the value of their labor to the wealthier classes.

Class warfare.

Where were wages discussed in the OP, the discussion is about China being easier to do business with but we are the free people.

Does the Irony elude you?

You are a fucking moron.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have got to be the dumbest individual I have have ever come across.

If you want jobs in this country. If companies are to stay in this counry to provide those jobs then you need a friendly business environment. Thats the bottom line.

Anyone with a brain can understand this.

Thats what leaves TDM out. NO brain and not an ounce of common sense. Jeeze what idiot of monumental proportions.

If it's an unfriendly one, why are corporate profits at an all time high?

It seems the corporate person which is coke is anti American and wants to be a commie.

Maybe we should not allow them to "speak" in our elections anymore huh?

You are a fucking moron.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have got to be the dumbest individual I have have ever come across.

If you want jobs in this country. If companies are to stay in this counry to provide those jobs then you need a friendly business environment. Thats the bottom line.

Anyone with a brain can understand this.

Thats what leaves TDM out. NO brain and not an ounce of common sense. Jeeze what idiot of monumental proportions.

Tell us specifically how you compete with a 50 cents an hour job in China, so as to bring that job to, or back to, the US.

Or, tell us that you admit that job is never coming back here.

If they move to china we have the choice to tarriff their asses to death and allow other soda producers to fill the market share they left behind.

We have fucking power and can do that.

You prefer to go to them on bended knee and beg them to stay.

WHY????

Again with projections. I love how you started your reply with WHAT IF.............

I know you want to be taken seriously too! :lmao:

Why the fuck do you think its great a CEO is in love with a communist country and that we should get all scared he might take his business there?

Because thawt is what the OP was all about.

Oh we are horrible and China is great.

Well fuck him and his shitty product.

See how much he sells in china when the drink to drink if you want to be like Americans is No longer coke but shasta.

His "shitty" product has lots and lots and lots and lots of jobs, right here in the good ole US of A!! But you'd rather they go to another country. What are you going to do when humans start dying from lack of food and shelter?? :cuckoo:

I don't care what you say. You can rationalize this all you want. But the facts are simple and this is what the small business people in America today believe. The Obama Administration HATES BUSINESS! It doesn't matter if they have money or not, if they want to expand or not, or if they want to hire more people or not. They are NOT GOING TO DO IT! Why? Jeeze people, are you really that ignorant. Obamacare is the 500 pound gorilla in the room and NO ONE knows how it is going to affect their bottom line one year or ten years down the road. You ask someone in government and they will tell you, they have NO CLUE. Because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THIS MONSTROSITY!

American businesses are running scared. Obama's jobs bill is more of the same: TAX AND SPEND. The EPA has run amok and is passing and enforcing regulations that God knows who approved before they put them on the books. They show up at local manufacturers plants and they tell them that they can't do this, they can't do that, and they MUST do this. All of it crap and all of it damned expensive.

A friend of mine who owns a manufacturing business and makes coolers for large air conditioners, is having to put in this hugely expensive air purifier because they use welding rods that put off a small amount of toxic gas. Jeeze, really? It's only been doing that for 100 years and guess what. They weld in an OPEN BAY. Yep, it's open on two sides to the outside but the EPA wants them to put in this purifier. My GAWD... count that business gone to Mexico my friends.

The Chinese may have a communist regime, but folks they understand that you can't kick business in the balls and then ask them to be nicer. I wish Obama would take some lessons from the Chinese and be more business friendly...

See? This is what the Right admires and advocates - a business environment where the working class is paid next to nothing all for the sake of transferring the value of their labor to the wealthier classes.

Class warfare.

Where were wages discussed in the OP, the discussion is about China being easier to do business with but we are the free people.

I couldn't be free at 50 cents an hour.

And all the other soda companies can take over the market share coke abandones becasue we dont respond to their threats.

Class warfare.

LOL A non answer. I really didnt expect more. So youre good.

LOL A non answer. I really didnt expect more. So youre good.

Lets see, we have a CEO that says or confirms what we already know. That it is easier to do business overseas.

But instead of asking how we can turn it around, the left wants them to walk the plank.

MY OH MY!!!!

Regulations, taxes aren't killing small business, owners say | McClatchy

Their response was surprising.

None of the business owners complained about regulation in their particular industries, and most seemed to welcome it. Some pointed to the lack of regulation in mortgage lending as a principal cause of the financial crisis that brought about the Great Recession of 2007-09 and its grim aftermath.

Read more: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2011/09/01/122865/regulations-taxes-arent-killing.html#ixzz1ZFpbFgWp

Last edited:

Class warfare.

I'd really like to see where they're paying 50 cents an hour. There are additional costs for importing products, labor is just one of them.

And all the other soda companies can take over the market share coke abandones becasue we dont respond to their threats.

And in the meantime, while you're waiting for mom and pop to get their production up to where Coke is, how are those employees supposed to eat?? Mom and pop can't just move in and take over, it takes money, lots of money. And in case you haven't noticed banks aren't really lending much for start ups or expansion these days.

This is what's wrong, you truly don't understand anything about business!! It all looks so easy. Good business models have a tendency to do that.

Last edited:
I don't care what you say. You can rationalize this all you want. But the facts are simple and this is what the small business people in America today believe. The Obama Administration HATES BUSINESS! It doesn't matter if they have money or not, if they want to expand or not, or if they want to hire more people or not. They are NOT GOING TO DO IT! Why? Jeeze people, are you really that ignorant. Obamacare is the 500 pound gorilla in the room and NO ONE knows how it is going to affect their bottom line one year or ten years down the road. You ask someone in government and they will tell you, they have NO CLUE. Because NO ONE UNDERSTANDS THIS MONSTROSITY!

American businesses are running scared. Obama's jobs bill is more of the same: TAX AND SPEND. The EPA has run amok and is passing and enforcing regulations that God knows who approved before they put them on the books. They show up at local manufacturers plants and they tell them that they can't do this, they can't do that, and they MUST do this. All of it crap and all of it damned expensive.

A friend of mine who owns a manufacturing business and makes coolers for large air conditioners, is having to put in this hugely expensive air purifier because they use welding rods that put off a small amount of toxic gas. Jeeze, really? It's only been doing that for 100 years and guess what. They weld in an OPEN BAY. Yep, it's open on two sides to the outside but the EPA wants them to put in this purifier. My GAWD... count that business gone to Mexico my friends.

The Chinese may have a communist regime, but folks they understand that you can't kick business in the balls and then ask them to be nicer. I wish Obama would take some lessons from the Chinese and be more business friendly...

Sadly, those on the left have been convinced that what you say is crap.
I am a business planner. I hear the concerns from my clients regularly.
It is not that they think Obama hates business. They dont give a crap about what Obama thinks.
It is simple....they just cant forecast.
And a smart business does not expand when it cant forecast.

Regulations, taxes aren't killing small business, owners say | McClatchy

Their response was surprising.

None of the business owners complained about regulation in their particular industries, and most seemed to welcome it. Some pointed to the lack of regulation in mortgage lending as a principal cause of the financial crisis that brought about the Great Recession of 2007-09 and its grim aftermath.

Read more: Regulations, taxes aren't killing small business, owners say | McClatchy

do you read what you provde links to?
If yes, do you look at the facts?

Not one single business owner cited is a MANUFACTURER.

So of course they dont care about MANUFACTURING regulations.

Jeez...I am dealing with morons on here.

What is the middle class transforming into if it is changing. I don't know about the shrinking... it seems there is a different type of middle class being discussed than what I am referring to. The monetary value of certain things must become stressed in order for recognition of real value to come about.

Why was money referred to as the root of all evil? It seems quite honestly that money in and of itself is the most acceptable form of symbolic witchcraft. Coca-cola is perhaps doing what it has to for the time being. Afterall, the bigger businesses are our country's face to the world, anyone should understand that. Once we better understand that as a nation and all it implies there may be much better cooperation from the masses who are currently so hellbent on rebellion.

The flip side is quite clever. As China bleeds off our industries, it doesn't merely sit there getting rich. Our property values decline. Our economy is collapsing. There is a fire sale of investment. China comes back and buys up the United States not only at bargain basement prices, but with extra incentives thrown in. I watched it happen in California, then came to Nevada where the gratitude to China is even MORE pronounced. China isn't merely buying up US acreage, it is buying up the loyalty of Americans. Those that stay here that is. China and Chinese companies have been hiring off the best and brightest of unemployed Americans for many years.

China is only doing what we did to become a great country.

Here is a clue for you.

They leave a processing plant behind, shasta buys it and produces a coke like mix and takes over the American market share coke left behind.

We create tarriffs on the COKE brand so high it guarentees the new shasta product sells.

Coke gets china we get the same crappy soda from another company that is ever expanding to fill cokes old shoes.

You people seem to think that the current corps are magic or something.

When Mervins died did Kholes fill the market share slot?

YES!

get it

The realities of business eludes you. You think this is a matter of a single plant, factory or store.

China is building a self contained city in Iowa. It's not the only one. China recently bought 9,000 acres of land in southern Nevada to build a solar power farm, a factory to make the solar panels and an industrial park to make the other parts necessary for these panels. Nevada told China that it would not sell the land, but lease it. China said "No you won't. You'll sell, at rock bottom rates" Nevada caved in. Once Nevada was on the ropes. China said "Oh by the way, we're also buying up 14,000 more acres of land to build a self contained village." See while these factories (all non union) will employ 7,000 Americans, all the supervisory staff will be coming over from China and they will need someplace to live. It isn't stopping there. There aren't 7,000 workers in southern Nevada. Americans will move here to get a job with a new Chinese companies. Chinese businessmen are buying land to build homes, apartments, strip malls, grocery stores, a hospital. Churches around here have Sunday services to pray for China's success. A success that means tens of thousands of Americans are going to owe China their jobs, homes and schools. In a year, southern Nevada, parts of California and Arizona will be Chinese territory. Unquestioned and fiercely loyal. The American manufacturing response was Solyandra!

I could spend another page or two with what China is doing to replace the United States with China right here in the United States.

If you think, and I have no idea why you would, that tariffs are going to help put companies out of business, you should reexamine that. High tariffs would result in a trade war. You won't be trading Coke for Shasta. You won't be able to buy that new TV, DVD player, the IPhone will be $5,000.00. We don't have that manufacturing in this country any more. We don't make a single television set in this country any more. Then of course, what trade treaties does China have and with who? India, Brazil, Russia. The BRIC nations for sure. Who else would join? China influenced Pacific Rim nations like New Zealand and Australia? Surely. China will dangle Chinese investment and the US will have the standard of living of Somalia overnight. Because of American policies like the Endangered Species Act and the EPA, we import most of our food. It's not like we have the ability to comply and recreate our food production ability.

American corps ARE MAGIC. They provide jobs, give people the opportunity to have nice comfortable lives, raise well fed children. American corps are not the only magicians in town. We are killing these geese and the golden eggs they lay.

Your view is very narrow and does not reflect reality at all. I can't fault you for this. You made decisions on what you know. You just don't know enough.

Sadly, those on the left have been convinced that what you say is crap.
I am a business planner. I hear the concerns from my clients regularly.
It is not that they think Obama hates business. They dont give a crap about what Obama thinks.
It is simple....they just cant forecast.
And a smart business does not expand when it cant forecast.

Of course you are right about the planning. But if you get these owners into a room where they can't be quoted, you will hear them say that this administration is anti-business. Remember, I talk to my acquaintences at the golf course and at breakfast everyday. We've known each other for years and years. They know that what they tell me is confidential and won't wind up on the front page of a newspaper somewhere.

I can't believe that people cannot see what is happening. I really can't believe that people like "truthmatters" is actually advocating more of the same and that the climate now is actually businesses fault. Don't mind the taxes and regulations???? Oh my GAWD, I'd like to see who actually said that. Someone from Solyndra? The only thing I can assume is that they KNEW they would be quoted and didn't want to wind up being visited by the EPA or some other government agency.

It's like a freakin nightmare... Let's set them on fire and blame them for making us do it... Just makes you want to scream.

Last edited:
What is the middle class transforming into if it is changing. I don't know about the shrinking... it seems there is a different type of middle class being discussed than what I am referring to. The monetary value of certain things must become stressed in order for recognition of real value to come about.

Why was money referred to as the root of all evil? It seems quite honestly that money in and of itself is the most acceptable form of symbolic witchcraft. Coca-cola is perhaps doing what it has to for the time being. Afterall, the bigger businesses are our country's face to the world, anyone should understand that. Once we better understand that as a nation and all it implies there may be much better cooperation from the masses who are currently so hellbent on rebellion.

The irony?

If Coca Cola did what was best for "America" and it started to struggle finacially and it turned to the tax payer for a bailout....the tax payer would respond with "why should we bail you out for a failed business model?"

The bottom line is this. Americans (and himans in general) will always do what they deem is in their best interest. Americans will buy what is least expensive. Business owners will operate at the lowest cost possible in an effort to maximize their profits without having to compromise their market share.

But it seems the American people want lower prices regardless of whether it is American made.....but they want business owners to be patriotic and do for America and not themselves.

Simple...you dont like the business practice of a company? Suck it up, dont buy their product, and help their competition....oh yeah....and maybe it best not to work for them as well?

Forum List

Back