Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

I would love to see more Mom and Pops get the market share that "people" like coke are willing to abandon for a communist country.

There has never existed a truely free market, yet we are certain it would be wonderful.

Your attrempt to ruin a good debate with your one liners will fail in this one USC....

No, we have never had a comletely free market.
But the "FREE MARKET" we had was working well overall.
You got your stuff....people made money....people were employed.
And no one made you buy anything you didnt want and no one made you work anywhere you didnt want to work.

Umm globalization and free marjket principles are why our jobs are in China.
yes it works out well for coprorations in a short sighted view.
It does not work out well for the USA though.

For the USA as a country?
No. It does not.
But that is what the entire debate in this thread is about.
American citizens buy what they want for selfish reasons. They buy cheaper so they have more to spend on other things (and yes, there are the destitute that buy cheaper to feed their kids)....but I am talking overall.
And US corporatiions make decisions that are in the best interest of THEIR bottom lines..

So in essence, as a country, no..it is not in the best interest.

For the American People? Seems they have decided they dont care...as long as it works for them personally....

Which is why pigeons are not on any endangered list.

They can live anywhere.

econsystems are interconnected and you might know that if you didnt hate sceince so much.

You should never let a species go by the way side until you can fully determine its impact on the greater econosystem.

of course, you need to toss in the "hate scinece" crap.
I love science...and certainly doint give a crap what you think.

SO I again ask....you deem it approapriate that we decide what species survive and what species dont...based on what we THINK would be in the best interest of the econsytem?

Seems YOU hate science...survival of the fittest is science...and you want to control it

How does a small fish fight a human being?

maybe you should do some sceintific investigation into man made disastors caused by your very thinking

No...you did not.

But you did not criticize Americans for being human....yet you DID make a comment about how business owners should think differently.

And you know...I understand why you did.

But exactly what do you see happening right now? Do you see businesses being given reason to NOT have the right to "be human" and instead do what is best for America?

Maybe we, the people, and the administration should give them more reason to do what is best for America?

Maybe we should stop villifying them for being no different than Americans....and instead, change the rhetoric to more of..."we need you guys...we apprecfiate the fact that you emply millions of Americans. We understand you are human and driven by the desire to acheive success. Yes, we are asking you to be different and to sacrifice. We need your help. We want to do whatever we can to get it"

I dont know.....something tells me the change in rhetoric will help...it certainly wont hurt.

The problem for me, is that *most* people I know and am friends with are business owners.

They don't make their decisions based on rhetoric of politicians. They don't get "scared off to invest" by a speech. This is the real world. If there's money to be made, they'll go for it, and it doesn't matter who's in office just like Coke doesn't give two shits about shaking hands with China.

There's something going on with our economy that nobody wants to admit, and sorry but as an independant it's the right who's fingers are in their ears about it more-so, but noone's innocent. And when I go on, now, to discuss this something, don't for one second pretend, that I'm pretending, that Obama and Democrats aren't involved.

The middle class is shrinking.
Corporate profits are through the roof, and CEO's are making EXPONENTIALLY more money than they EVER have, before.

^ those are all facts, right?

With that, now why is the rhetoric coming FROM CORPORATIONS, that America is making it hard/expensive for them to do business, when they THEMSELVES aren't taking their TRADITIONAL FRACTION, OF THE PIE, OF THEIR BUSINESSES, but taking larger cuts of that pie than ever before............to an exponential degree, even.............as opposed to taking 1 of the 75 million they're making and giving everyone on the floor a raise and thus the ability to purchase more, boost the economy...etc.

Now, being that Corps are seeming to do so well for themselves, in a recessed economy, as they stand by and watch small businesses fizzle out becuase THEY (the corporations) have most of the employees, and THEY(the corporations) aren't giving them the adequate buying power to SHOP these mom and pop shops, DESPITE having record capital to do so.............

Why would they ever seek improvement in a recessed economy when all the small people die mout and they're the only place to shop anymore, and are making money hand over fist?

But the rhetoric from them is that American Government makes it hard to do business for them?

Jarhead, it's not a wonder to me why people "villainize" corporations............it's a wonder to me why anyone wouldn't.

It's easy to politicise it, call it class warfare, etc. .....meanwhile forgive and forget that there IS a class war going on, and we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt who's winning..........and using Washington as a tool to win even better.

I dont disagree.

But if Americans really cared about what you say here, they would stop supporting the corporations they villify.

But they dont. They continue to buy their products.

Me? I dont like the fact that there is a national "drug store" taking over my community. There are 4 CVS's within a 3 mile radius.

I still use and will always use the local merchant pharmacy.
I dont use Home Depot...I use my local hardware store.....and only go to home depot for things my local hardware store doesnt carry.

SO we can have government jump on the bandwagon of villifying those corporations for political expediency...or we can just forget them and let nature take its course.

There are others of the same species that will do that. I can assure you the bug and rat population won't increase if the spotted owl is extinct.

But yoou are not suggesting just letting an owl die out.

You are suggesting these laws are worthless and none of them should be in place.

Then you call yourself naturegirl?

You obviously have NO interests in nature if you dont understand mans modern impact of species.

Whoa, you know nothing about nature!! Nature is survival of the fittest!! It's natural selection for a species to become extinct. Have you ever seen a mountain lion eat a goat?? That is nature, if we protect all the goats will mountain lions become extinct?? If we don't protect all the goats, mountain lions will survive. Don't go telling me about nature, you have no idea what you're talking about!! :eek:

How is it "survival of the fittest" if humans decimate an animal population? How is that the "natural" order of things?

As to China and Coke...So what if they make Coke in China to sell to the Chinese? 'Bout damn time they bought our shit instead of us always buying their shit.

And of course China is more "business friendly". Their government subsidizes the shit out of everything.

They can live anywhere.

econsystems are interconnected and you might know that if you didnt hate sceince so much.

You should never let a species go by the way side until you can fully determine its impact on the greater econosystem.

I do believe you mean ecosystem. There's your science major!! :lol:

I would love to see more Mom and Pops get the market share that "people" like coke are willing to abandon for a communist country.

What market was abandoned?

I swear you guys just like to read your own type.

If they move to china we have the choice to tarriff their asses to death and allow other soda producers to fill the market share they left behind.

We have fucking power and can do that.

You prefer to go to them on bended knee and beg them to stay.

WHY????

No...you did not.

But you did not criticize Americans for being human....yet you DID make a comment about how business owners should think differently.

And you know...I understand why you did.

But exactly what do you see happening right now? Do you see businesses being given reason to NOT have the right to "be human" and instead do what is best for America?

Maybe we, the people, and the administration should give them more reason to do what is best for America?

Maybe we should stop villifying them for being no different than Americans....and instead, change the rhetoric to more of..."we need you guys...we apprecfiate the fact that you emply millions of Americans. We understand you are human and driven by the desire to acheive success. Yes, we are asking you to be different and to sacrifice. We need your help. We want to do whatever we can to get it"

I dont know.....something tells me the change in rhetoric will help...it certainly wont hurt.

The problem for me, is that *most* people I know and am friends with are business owners.

They don't make their decisions based on rhetoric of politicians. They don't get "scared off to invest" by a speech. This is the real world. If there's money to be made, they'll go for it, and it doesn't matter who's in office just like Coke doesn't give two shits about shaking hands with China.

There's something going on with our economy that nobody wants to admit, and sorry but as an independant it's the right who's fingers are in their ears about it more-so, but noone's innocent. And when I go on, now, to discuss this something, don't for one second pretend, that I'm pretending, that Obama and Democrats aren't involved.

The middle class is shrinking.
Corporate profits are through the roof, and CEO's are making EXPONENTIALLY more money than they EVER have, before.

^ those are all facts, right?

With that, now why is the rhetoric coming FROM CORPORATIONS, that America is making it hard/expensive for them to do business, when they THEMSELVES aren't taking their TRADITIONAL FRACTION, OF THE PIE, OF THEIR BUSINESSES, but taking larger cuts of that pie than ever before............to an exponential degree, even.............as opposed to taking 1 of the 75 million they're making and giving everyone on the floor a raise and thus the ability to purchase more, boost the economy...etc.

Now, being that Corps are seeming to do so well for themselves, in a recessed economy, as they stand by and watch small businesses fizzle out becuase THEY (the corporations) have most of the employees, and THEY(the corporations) aren't giving them the adequate buying power to SHOP these mom and pop shops, DESPITE having record capital to do so.............

Why would they ever seek improvement in a recessed economy when all the small people die mout and they're the only place to shop anymore, and are making money hand over fist?

But the rhetoric from them is that American Government makes it hard to do business for them?

Jarhead, it's not a wonder to me why people "villainize" corporations............it's a wonder to me why anyone wouldn't.

It's easy to politicise it, call it class warfare, etc. .....meanwhile forgive and forget that there IS a class war going on, and we KNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt who's winning..........and using Washington as a tool to win even better.

I dont disagree.

But if Americans really cared about what you say here, they would stop supporting the corporations they villify.

But they dont. They continue to buy their products.

Me? I dont like the fact that there is a national "drug store" taking over my community. There are 4 CVS's within a 3 mile radius.

I still use and will always use the local merchant pharmacy.
I dont use Home Depot...I use my local hardware store.....and only go to home depot for things my local hardware store doesnt carry.

SO we can have government jump on the bandwagon of villifying those corporations for political expediency...or we can just forget them and let nature take its course.

I don't know if you noticed lately, but wages are down, poverty is at an all time high, and the middle class is disappearing.

When Corporations are the only thing people can afford anymore, it's hard to say with a straight face, for me anyways, that we can somehow (being employees of these Corps, most of us ourselves) change this with our pocket books. That's what I mean about the free market theory, and this is exactly why we're "supposed to" have monopoly laws.

Goldman Sachs owns and runs this Country.

If they move to china we have the choice to tarriff their asses to death and allow other soda producers to fill the market share they left behind.

WHY????

Again with projections. I love how you started your reply with WHAT IF.............

I know you want to be taken seriously too! :lmao:

They can live anywhere.

I do believe you mean ecosystem. There's your science major!! :lol:

I have never claimed a science major or great spelling.

Facts are facts and you wnat to avoid them by pretending this about spelling.

They can live anywhere.

of course, you need to toss in the "hate scinece" crap.
I love science...and certainly doint give a crap what you think.

SO I again ask....you deem it approapriate that we decide what species survive and what species dont...based on what we THINK would be in the best interest of the econsytem?

Seems YOU hate science...survival of the fittest is science...and you want to control it

How does a small fish fight a human being?

maybe you should do some sceintific investigation into man made disastors caused by your very thinking

are you aware of what dolphins have begun doing?

They have devised a hunting tactic as a collective. They circle a school of fish and close that circle slowly until the circle is so tight, the fish literally swim into ther mouths. How do those small fish fight it?

They will find a way or they will die off. Dolphin made disaster?

How does a salmon fight off a bear? They actually found a way....they have increased their reproduction.

Survival of the fittest has nothing to do with the intelligence of the animal kingdom. It has to do with adapting to changes in the environment...man made, bear made, dolphin made, or natural occurances.

You do not understand scinece...that is a fact.

Nothing like 50 cents an hour labor to boost your 'business friendly' cred.

See? This is what the Right admires and advocates - a business environment where the working class is paid next to nothing all for the sake of transferring the value of their labor to the wealthier classes.

Class warfare.

But yoou are not suggesting just letting an owl die out.

You are suggesting these laws are worthless and none of them should be in place.

Then you call yourself naturegirl?

You obviously have NO interests in nature if you dont understand mans modern impact of species.

Whoa, you know nothing about nature!! Nature is survival of the fittest!! It's natural selection for a species to become extinct. Have you ever seen a mountain lion eat a goat?? That is nature, if we protect all the goats will mountain lions become extinct?? If we don't protect all the goats, mountain lions will survive. Don't go telling me about nature, you have no idea what you're talking about!! :eek:

How is it "survival of the fittest" if humans decimate an animal population? How is that the "natural" order of things?

As to China and Coke...So what if they make Coke in China to sell to the Chinese? 'Bout damn time they bought our shit instead of us always buying their shit.

And of course China is more "business friendly". Their government subsidizes the shit out of everything.

That would make humans the fittest. The world will not come to an end if the spotted owl cannot find a way to adapt. And it won't cost jobs if it should become extinct. Do I wish it would, absolutely not but have you looked at how much protected land the US Government owns?? Not to mention state and local protected areas.

This is absolutely a ridiculous conversation. Just as telling everyone it's OK for businesses to go to a country that is more business friendly. Stop and think do you want jobs or do you want one species of owl or fish??

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqN3amj6AcE&feature=player_embedded]BBC Speechless As Trader Tells Truth: "The Collapse Is Coming...And Goldman Rules The World" - YouTube[/ame]

It seems the corporate person which is coke is anti American and wants to be a commie.

Maybe we should not allow them to "speak" in our elections anymore huh?

You are a fucking moron.

Jesus H. Christ on a crutch. You have got to be the dumbest individual I have have ever come across.

If you want jobs in this country. If companies are to stay in this counry to provide those jobs then you need a friendly business environment. Thats the bottom line.

Anyone with a brain can understand this.

Thats what leaves TDM out. NO brain and not an ounce of common sense. Jeeze what idiot of monumental proportions.

WHY????

Again with projections. I love how you started your reply with WHAT IF.............

I know you want to be taken seriously too! :lmao:

Why the fuck do you think its great a CEO is in love with a communist country and that we should get all scared he might take his business there?

Because thawt is what the OP was all about.

Oh we are horrible and China is great.

Well fuck him and his shitty product.

See how much he sells in china when the drink to drink if you want to be like Americans is No longer coke but shasta.

Forum List

Back