Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

Yup, this is disheartening.

Coca-Cola chief criticises US tax rules - FT.com

Coca-Cola now sees the US becoming a less friendly business environment than China, its chief executive has revealed, citing political gridlock and an antiquated tax structure as reasons its home market has become less competitive.

Muhtar Kent, Coke’s chief executive, said “in many respects” it was easier doing business in China, which he likened to a well-managed company. “You have a one-stop shop in terms of the Chinese foreign investment agency and local governments are fighting for investment with each other,” he told the Financial Times.
In China, they let companies put poison in milk.

What a stupid man.
Before or after execution?

Oh Brother!

Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

I'm all for it! Let's turn the Chyneez into sugar junkies!!! Then we can sell em ding dongs and those pink marshmellow covered cupcakes!!!!

How much sugar cane do they grow in China? Nary a stalk! I like it!!!

Yup, this is disheartening.

Coca-Cola chief criticises US tax rules - FT.com

Coca-Cola now sees the US becoming a less friendly business environment than China, its chief executive has revealed, citing political gridlock and an antiquated tax structure as reasons its home market has become less competitive.

Muhtar Kent, Coke’s chief executive, said “in many respects” it was easier doing business in China, which he likened to a well-managed company. “You have a one-stop shop in terms of the Chinese foreign investment agency and local governments are fighting for investment with each other,” he told the Financial Times.

Let them move the operations over there. See how it goes.

I loved watching protests in Turkey against Coca-Cola. And in India, they used the local water to make their product (along with Pepsi). They got massive lawsuits because people got sick. And they wound up closing those plants.

It seems the corporate person which is coke is anti American and wants to be a commie.

Maybe we should not allow them to "speak" in our elections anymore huh?

Maybe everyone should check and see where GE has sent most of it's jobs. Yea, the same GE that works with the Divider-in-Chief. You realize EZ bake ovens will soon become extinct, a result of government regulations.

RIP Easy Bake oven, the first cooking experience for young children all over the USA.
Yeah.....

"Climb-aboard, girls, and get YOUR first disfiguring-injury, TODAY!!!"

I'm thinkin' Madison Avenue might have a few problems with that pitch.

:eusa_whistle:

At least until the bill comes due editec

By the time the bill comes due, TM, big capital will be thoroughly integrated into another specie.

What?

You never read Altlas Shurgged?

That wasn't a novel, amigo.
....Or, the first-choice for a title.....except Mein Kampf was already taken!!

"Ayn Rand, of course, was a kind of politicized L. Ron Hubbard—a novelist-philosopher who inspired a cult of acolytes who deem her the greatest human being who ever lived. The enduring heart of Rand’s totalistic philosophy was Marxism flipped upside down. Rand viewed the capitalists, not the workers, as the producers of all wealth, and the workers, not the capitalists, as useless parasites."

when you distroy the habitat of an animal how does he adapt?

TM....OPEN YOUR MIND...

Habitats of species have changed since the begfinning of time. Some is man made. Some is species made. Some from natural occueances, such as earthquakes.

Species that can not adapt, die off.....Those that can adapt contiue and thrive.

We destroyed the habitat of pigeons in NYC...and they adapted. They changed their eating habits and no longer just eat insects...now they eat anything. We destroyed the habitat of coyotes in NYC...and they too adapted in a different way...they migrated.
....And, consider how well the Middle Class is adapting to.....

Which is why pigeons are not on any endangered list.

They can live anywhere.

econsystems are interconnected and you might know that if you didnt hate sceince so much.

You should never let a species go by the way side until you can fully determine its impact on the greater econosystem.
How 'bout if they're just takin'-up-space....and, their only impact is constant-irritation (in a Daddy's-Lil'-Frat-Boy/ Loudmouthed-Texan kind o' way.)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUx0a49X9lU]Bush Defeated The Tree - Lewis Black - YouTube[/ame]​

Last edited:
There has never existed a truely free market, yet we are certain it would be wonderful.

Your attrempt to ruin a good debate with your one liners will fail in this one USC....

No, we have never had a comletely free market.
But the "FREE MARKET" we had was working well overall.
You got your stuff....people made money....people were employed.
And no one made you buy anything you didnt want and no one made you work anywhere you didnt want to work.

Umm globalization and free marjket principles are why our jobs are in China.
yes it works out well for coprorations in a short sighted view.
...And, we can't forget those words o' wisdom that "conservatives" always offer....that job-losses (just) might be opening new doors.....

Yeah.....makes ya' proud to be an American.

handjob.gif

(....If your Life's goal is to be a perpetual-sucker .)​

Last edited:
No...you did not.

But you did not criticize Americans for being human....yet you DID make a comment about how business owners should think differently.

And you know...I understand why you did.

But exactly what do you see happening right now? Do you see businesses being given reason to NOT have the right to "be human" and instead do what is best for America?

Maybe we, the people, and the administration should give them more reason to do what is best for America?

Maybe we should stop villifying them for being no different than Americans....and instead, change the rhetoric to more of..."we need you guys...we apprecfiate the fact that you emply millions of Americans. We understand you are human and driven by the desire to acheive success. Yes, we are asking you to be different and to sacrifice. We need your help. We want to do whatever we can to get it"

I dont know.....something tells me the change in rhetoric will help...it certainly wont hurt.

The problem for me, is that *most* people I know and am friends with are business owners.

They don't make their decisions based on rhetoric of politicians. They don't get "scared off to invest" by a speech. This is the real world. If there's money to be made, they'll go for it, and it doesn't matter who's in office just like Coke doesn't give two shits about shaking hands with China.

There's something going on with our economy that nobody wants to admit, and sorry but as an independant it's the right who's fingers are in their ears about it more-so, but noone's innocent. And when I go on, now, to discuss this something, don't for one second pretend, that I'm pretending, that Obama and Democrats aren't involved.

The middle class is shrinking.
Corporate profits are through the roof, and CEO's are making EXPONENTIALLY more money than they EVER have, before.

^ those are all facts, right?

With that, now why is the rhetoric coming FROM CORPORATIONS, that America is making it hard/expensive for them to do business....?
Quite simply.....the Corporates/CEOs/professional-managers are an ABERRATION o' the people who BUILT this Country!!!

They've become a herd o' GUTLESS-WEENIES who know NOTHING about calculated-ri$k....and, will ONLY invest, if they're GUARANTEED MAXIMUM-PROFIT$ in as SHORT-A-TIME-AS-IS-POSSIBLE!!! (i.e. LAZINESS!!!)

I've often-wondered what the source of the girly-man insult is, when "conservative"-women launch it at Libs/Progressives....then, it becomes quite-obvious.

Who's heard that insult, more......than "conservative"-wives, when their old-men are described.

Projection, anyone.

eusa_doh.gif

(Is it any wonder "conservative"-males DREAD an influx o' brown-skinned dudes....willing to work-for-a-living?!!!)

:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back