Coca-Cola CEO says China friendlier to Business than US

The realities of business eludes you. You think this is a matter of a single plant, factory or store.

China is building a self contained city in Iowa. It's not the only one. China recently bought 9,000 acres of land in southern Nevada to build a solar power farm, a factory to make the solar panels and an industrial park to make the other parts necessary for these panels. Nevada told China that it would not sell the land, but lease it. China said "No you won't. You'll sell, at rock bottom rates" Nevada caved in. Once Nevada was on the ropes. China said "Oh by the way, we're also buying up 14,000 more acres of land to build a self contained village." See while these factories (all non union) will employ 7,000 Americans, all the supervisory staff will be coming over from China and they will need someplace to live. It isn't stopping there. There aren't 7,000 workers in southern Nevada. Americans will move here to get a job with a new Chinese companies. Chinese businessmen are buying land to build homes, apartments, strip malls, grocery stores, a hospital. Churches around here have Sunday services to pray for China's success. A success that means tens of thousands of Americans are going to owe China their jobs, homes and schools. In a year, southern Nevada, parts of California and Arizona will be Chinese territory. Unquestioned and fiercely loyal. The American manufacturing response was Solyandra!

I could spend another page or two with what China is doing to replace the United States with China right here in the United States.

If you think, and I have no idea why you would, that tariffs are going to help put companies out of business, you should reexamine that. High tariffs would result in a trade war. You won't be trading Coke for Shasta. You won't be able to buy that new TV, DVD player, the IPhone will be $5,000.00. We don't have that manufacturing in this country any more. We don't make a single television set in this country any more. Then of course, what trade treaties does China have and with who? India, Brazil, Russia. The BRIC nations for sure. Who else would join? China influenced Pacific Rim nations like New Zealand and Australia? Surely. China will dangle Chinese investment and the US will have the standard of living of Somalia overnight. Because of American policies like the Endangered Species Act and the EPA, we import most of our food. It's not like we have the ability to comply and recreate our food production ability.

American corps ARE MAGIC. They provide jobs, give people the opportunity to have nice comfortable lives, raise well fed children. American corps are not the only magicians in town. We are killing these geese and the golden eggs they lay.

Your view is very narrow and does not reflect reality at all. I can't fault you for this. You made decisions on what you know. You just don't know enough.

here is her lies that she never produced any link to

The realities of business eludes you. You think this is a matter of a single plant, factory or store.

China is building a self contained city in Iowa. It's not the only one. China recently bought 9,000 acres of land in southern Nevada to build a solar power farm, a factory to make the solar panels and an industrial park to make the other parts necessary for these panels. Nevada told China that it would not sell the land, but lease it. China said "No you won't. You'll sell, at rock bottom rates" Nevada caved in. Once Nevada was on the ropes. China said "Oh by the way, we're also buying up 14,000 more acres of land to build a self contained village." See while these factories (all non union) will employ 7,000 Americans, all the supervisory staff will be coming over from China and they will need someplace to live. It isn't stopping there. There aren't 7,000 workers in southern Nevada. Americans will move here to get a job with a new Chinese companies. Chinese businessmen are buying land to build homes, apartments, strip malls, grocery stores, a hospital. Churches around here have Sunday services to pray for China's success. A success that means tens of thousands of Americans are going to owe China their jobs, homes and schools. In a year, southern Nevada, parts of California and Arizona will be Chinese territory. Unquestioned and fiercely loyal. The American manufacturing response was Solyandra!

I could spend another page or two with what China is doing to replace the United States with China right here in the United States.

If you think, and I have no idea why you would, that tariffs are going to help put companies out of business, you should reexamine that. High tariffs would result in a trade war. You won't be trading Coke for Shasta. You won't be able to buy that new TV, DVD player, the IPhone will be $5,000.00. We don't have that manufacturing in this country any more. We don't make a single television set in this country any more. Then of course, what trade treaties does China have and with who? India, Brazil, Russia. The BRIC nations for sure. Who else would join? China influenced Pacific Rim nations like New Zealand and Australia? Surely. China will dangle Chinese investment and the US will have the standard of living of Somalia overnight. Because of American policies like the Endangered Species Act and the EPA, we import most of our food. It's not like we have the ability to comply and recreate our food production ability.

American corps ARE MAGIC. They provide jobs, give people the opportunity to have nice comfortable lives, raise well fed children. American corps are not the only magicians in town. We are killing these geese and the golden eggs they lay.

Your view is very narrow and does not reflect reality at all. I can't fault you for this. You made decisions on what you know. You just don't know enough.

here is her lies that she never produced any link to

TM, they are building this plant and and entire community. Perhaps when the ink is actually dry you this will hit you. It's a done deal, if you like it or not.

Yup, this is disheartening.

Coca-Cola chief criticises US tax rules - FT.com

Coca-Cola now sees the US becoming a less friendly business environment than China, its chief executive has revealed, citing political gridlock and an antiquated tax structure as reasons its home market has become less competitive.

Muhtar Kent, Coke’s chief executive, said “in many respects” it was easier doing business in China, which he likened to a well-managed company. “You have a one-stop shop in terms of the Chinese foreign investment agency and local governments are fighting for investment with each other,” he told the Financial Times.

By "friendlier", obviously he means it is cheaper to manufacture their product there. I don't drink soda products, so I could care less. I hope they move ALL of their bottling business to China. They can't even protect MILK in China for crying out loud. I can't wait to see the QC on CocaCola products!

I agree. Let them do as they please and let the consumer make their decision from there.

But sadly, the consumer only cares about himself....and although I say sadly, I think that is the way it should be.

We, the consumer need to make educated decisions. We need to compare our ideology to our desires..and make decisions. What is more important? Live without Coke and stick to our ideology...or drink coke and let someone else boycott the company.

But as we are seeing, people like to complain about the actions of the coproration, but when it comes to doing something about it they say (to themselves, of course)..."I dont give a rats ass where they manufacture. I like Coke and I am going to buy it."

So, you see, we the people can make a difference...but overall, we may want the difference, but we are not willing to sacrifice for it.

And the part that bothers me? We are not willing to sacrifice for it so we want the government to make the corporations sacirifice instead.

If China has already strted building the place then when they back out of the deal because they dont want to lease it then they have to pay for the cost of returning the land to its previous state huh?

There is NO reason for nevada cave into a sale.

This poster was LYING or mistaken.

She turned into a liar when she refused to admitt she was wrong and had her facts wrong.

Its what you on the right here do neearly every time you are caught with bad facts.

Prove your claim

Do you think Harry Reid is going to back away from this?? :lol:

The trip also provided Reid with the opportunity to further relationships with leaders of Chinese companies that he said have expressed interest in Nevada's sun and wind resources.

Among the stops, Reid said he met with leaders of A-Power Energy Generation Systems Inc., which announced last fall it planned to be a partner in a wind turbine manufacturing plant in Southern Nevada.

Reid said the trip "was an unmistakable reminder just how hard we have to work to make America more competitive with the rest of the world."

Fresh from China trip, Reid hints at news involving renewable energy ventures - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Now I must get some work done.

If China has already strted building the place then when they back out of the deal because they dont want to lease it then they have to pay for the cost of returning the land to its previous state huh?

There is NO reason for nevada cave into a sale.

This poster was LYING or mistaken.

She turned into a liar when she refused to admitt she was wrong and had her facts wrong.

Its what you on the right here do neearly every time you are caught with bad facts.

Did you want white, brown, or pork fried rice with that? Soda, soup, or egg roll? No MSG! I Swear!

Prove your claim

Do you think Harry Reid is going to back away from this?? :lol:

The trip also provided Reid with the opportunity to further relationships with leaders of Chinese companies that he said have expressed interest in Nevada's sun and wind resources.

Among the stops, Reid said he met with leaders of A-Power Energy Generation Systems Inc., which announced last fall it planned to be a partner in a wind turbine manufacturing plant in Southern Nevada.

Reid said the trip "was an unmistakable reminder just how hard we have to work to make America more competitive with the rest of the world."

Fresh from China trip, Reid hints at news involving renewable energy ventures - Business - ReviewJournal.com

Now I must get some work done.

Not a word about the land being sold in that article is there.

By "friendlier", obviously he means it is cheaper to manufacture their product there. I don't drink soda products, so I could care less. I hope they move ALL of their bottling business to China. They can't even protect MILK in China for crying out loud. I can't wait to see the QC on CocaCola products!

I agree. Let them do as they please and let the consumer make their decision from there.

But sadly, the consumer only cares about himself....and although I say sadly, I think that is the way it should be.

We, the consumer need to make educated decisions. We need to compare our ideology to our desires..and make decisions. What is more important? Live without Coke and stick to our ideology...or drink coke and let someone else boycott the company.

But as we are seeing, people like to complain about the actions of the coproration, but when it comes to doing something about it they say (to themselves, of course)..."I dont give a rats ass where they manufacture. I like Coke and I am going to buy it."

So, you see, we the people can make a difference...but overall, we may want the difference, but we are not willing to sacrifice for it.

And the part that bothers me? We are not willing to sacrifice for it so we want the government to make the corporations sacirifice instead.

What part of they are making recorde PROFITS do you not understand?

What part of they are making recorde PROFITS do you not understand?

I dont get caught up in that. It is none of my business. Although it may prove to be a good investment.

If I have nothing against the companmy and I like the price they charge, I buy the product.
If I have something against the operations of the company...such as moviung their manufacturing overseas or I believe their prices are too high for the quality of the product, I dont buy it.

what part of "dont buy the product if you dont like the way they operate" dont YOU understand?

Every person in the know says that China is more friendly to business and has cheaper labor. So, when are we going to listen ad change this?

We have to change our policy toward China, change or tax structure towards corporations, dismantle or reform our unions and do the same with our regulations.

Congress has to start listening and people in the unions have to start understanding the only thing unions are good for are the Union bosses and political parties. They may cover the lazy workers but a good corporation is going to keep good workerrs, give them good working conditions and pay them good wages to keep them. That's only common sense.

We need to start boycotting products made in other countries, and make companies that stay here very rich so they pay their employees well and we show what happens when the Keep it in the US of A.

It's not a matter of control, it's a matter of being business friendly.

if I want to set up a factory in China, the government will bend over backwards to help me.

If I want to set up a factory in the US, they are making sure that I won't be stepping on any snail darters...

In other words, a Communist Government is not bad for business..............sure you're conservative?

The Chinese stopped being "Communist" a very long time ago. Please don't be dishonest.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with China's growth, but we have to look at what they are doing right.

They are not treating business as the "enemy".

They do what it takes period and they dont have to go through hoops and follow regulations. Stossel opened a business in China for peddling items on the street and was set to go in 2 days ... try that here LOL

United States

180 (an energy drink produced by Anheuser-Busch)
7Up (licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)[44]
Ale-8-One (a ginger-and-fruit drink distributed mostly in Kentucky)[45]
A. J. Canfield's
Amp Energy (an energy drink from PepsiCo)
Aquafina (bottled water distributed by PepsiCo)
Arizona (mostly iced teas, marketed in distinctive tall, 23-oz. cans)
A-Treat
A&W Root Beer and A&W cream soda (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7 Up, Inc. to local bottlers)[46]
Bawls
Barq's (the only major American root beer with caffeine).
Big K (line of soft drinks - Sold at Kroger family of stores).
Big Red
Blenheim Ginger Ale (a particularly strong ginger ale, bottled by Blenheim Bottlers)
Boylan Bottling Company (a variety of sodas such as Birch beer and Root beer).
Bubble Up (lemon-lime soda, similar to 7Up, produced by The Monarch Beverage Company)
Buffalo Rock Ginger Ale (a dark-colored ginger ale produced by Buffalo Rock Company - mainly distributed in the southeastern states)
C & C Cola (a cola brand distributed as a regular grocery item rather than stocked by the bottling company's local drivers)
Cactus Cooler (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Cheerwine (cherry flavored drink - mainly North Carolina and Virginia)
Chek (line of soft drinks - affiliated with Winn-Dixie)
Chucker (discontinued line of flavored soda formerly made in Connellsville, Pennsylvania)
Coca-Cola (the largest beverage company in the world, founded in 1886)
Country Time (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Crush (Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc.)
Dad's Root Beer (The Monarch Beverage Company, Atlanta, GA)
Delaware Punch (grape-flavored, non-carbonated, limited availability)
Diet Rite (diet cola licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up's R.C. unit to local bottlers)
dnL (caffeinated lemon-lime soda similar to Mountain Dew, from Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc.)
Double Cola (regional cola brand based in Chattanooga, Tennessee)
Dr. Brown's (A popular brand of root beer and cream soda in the New York City region)
Dr Enuf (vitamin-fortified lemon-lime drink available in northeast Tennessee, parts of Florida, and possibly elsewhere)
Dr Pepper (large international beverage company, founded in 1885)
Egg cream (type of fountain drink that originated in Brooklyn)
Fanta (multi-flavored fruit sodas)
Faygo (line of soft drinks)
Fitz's (root beer and other classic sodas bottled in a microbrewery/restaurant in St. Louis, MO, distributed to certain grocery stores around the country)
Fresca (grapefruit soda marketed by the Coca-Cola Company)
Frostie (root beer, cream, and fruit-flavored sodas)
Frostop (root beer and cream soda)
Guarana Brazilia (guarana based soda made in New Jersey by Crystal Beverage Corp.)
Grapico (Grape soft drink primarily available in Alabama)
Gray's (line of soft drinks)
Green River
Hawaiian Punch (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Hires Root Beer (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Hyvee (only marketed in the midwest)
Iron Beer (Formerly the National Beverage of Cuba, this beverage is consumed mainly by Cubans in Miami, and has been around since 1917. A rare product to find, No longer produced in Cuba, only found in Miami,Florida and the South Florida Metropolitan Area.)
Izze (natural flavored fruit drinks, multiple flavors)
Jolly Good (numerous flavors including cola, lemon lime, orange, grape, pina colada, black cherry etc.)
Jolt Cola (made with double caffeine, hence the "jolt" name)
Jones Soda (made with pure cane sugar and known for odd flavors including "candy corn" for Halloween and "turkey and dressing" for Thanksgiving)
Josta First US Energy Drink, aka Josta with Guarana
Kutztown Soda Works Sarsaparilla
Loganberry (dark purple, non-carbonated, berry-flavored drink with no juice content and most commonly available under the Crystal Beach and Aunt Rosie's brand names; available in and around Buffalo, NY)
Manhattan Special (espresso soda)
Minute Maid (soft drink only) (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company)
Mello Yello (lemon-lime, similar to Mountain Dew) (The Coca-Cola Company)
Mountain Dew (licensed by PepsiCo)
Moxie (the first American mass-produced soft drink, primarily available in New England and Pennsylvania)
Mug Root Beer (licensed by PepsiCo)
Nehi (Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc.)
OK Soda (a discontinued test drink from The Coca-Cola Company with a small cult following)
Old Town (line of soft drinks)
Orange Whip (defunct fountain beverage)
Orbitz
Patriot's Choice (Cola)
Pepsi (licensed by PepsiCo)
Pibb Xtra (formerly known as Mr. Pibb) (Coca-Cola Company)
Point Premium Root Beer (Sold primarily in Wisconsin) (Stevens Point Brewery)
Polar (Line of softdrinks primarily sold in New England)
R.C. Cola (Cola) (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7 Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Red Rock Cola
RESQ powerdrink
Refresco Goya (Goya Foods line of soft drinks for the US Hispanic market)
Route 66 Sodas, LLC (produces a variety including Route 66 Route Beer, Orange, Lime and Cream Soda).
Safeway Select (Safeway brand drink)
Sam's Choice (Wal-Mart brand drink)
Sarsaparilla soda (Traditional soft drink)
Schweppes Ginger Ale (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Shasta (Cola)
Sierra Mist (lemon-lime, similar to 7Up and Sprite) (PepsiCo)
Ski (made by Double-Cola co. Mainly in western Ky. similar to Mountain Dew.)
Slice (orange soft drink) (PepsiCo)
Sour Power (sold only on tap in bars primarily for mixing cocktails) (Coca-Cola Company)
Sprecher Brewery (traditional beverages)
Sprite
Squirt (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Stewart's Fountain Classics
Sun Drop (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Sunkist (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
Sunny Select ( sold at Save Mart Supermarkets/Lucky (No. Cal)/Food Maxx/Food Source)
SunnyD (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)[47]
Tab (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company)
Teem Soda
Towne Club (defunct Detroit-based line of inexpensive soft drinks once sold in franchise stores)
Vault (licensed by The Coca-Cola Company)
Vess (a line of soft drinks primarily available in the Greater St. Louis area)
Vernors Ginger Ale (the first American soft drink, licensed by Dr Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers, primarily available in Michigan)
Welch's (licensed by Dr. Pepper/7Up, Inc. to local bottlers)
White Rock (traditional beverages)
WPOP (Wegmans Brand90 traditional beverages)
zink pop (licensed by Doc Martin) cherry mixed w/ lime soft drink, noncarbonated
List of soft drinks by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Labor is a small part of the Sticker Price. Silly. :eusa_whistle:

Really? Then why all the rightwing hysteria about teachers' salaries and benefits?

So tell me how teacher's salaries have anything to do with manufacturing?? We're talking about making and importing something, not unions. Jeez!!

Would you like to talk about union manufacturing jobs in the US being lost when operations were moved overseas to places like China?

Would that make you feel better?

lol...you are an ass.

Cost of Real Estate.....
Cost of raw materials....
Cost of Manufacturing ..(they dont have a man sitting there with a funnel pouring the soda into a can)
cost of shipping
cost of advertising

Labor intensive industry......lmfao......you are truly a faux educated poster on this board.

Other than shipping all the costs you mentioned are pretty much the same here as in China.

If labor is an insignificant cost, why were you whining the other day about not being able to afford to hire more help? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

never did I say it was insignificant.

Why must you spin what I said? Are you that insecure with your position on this topic?

And the other costs are the same?

Really?

You sure you dont want to retract that rediculous statement?

LMOA....you are a fool.

No, you didn't say 'insignificant'. You said 'small'.

Feel free to tell the class what the BIG difference is.

Forum List

Back